• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimHQ Assault 04 01-24-09

Plt Lead: Lq.Snake
    Embedded with: Charlie Squad
    Squad Leader: Surplus_Shooter

Our task was clear. Move from the FOB situated in the northern outskirts of Corazol to clear the enemy's stronghold at Mercalillo.

Platoon command set up a convoy made of Humvees, Stryker and Ammo truck and set our destination to a small compound NW of Obregan. The convoy moved through Obregan without an hitch. A perimeter was set up in and around the compound and early on, enemy forces where spotted patrolling the North-Eastern area of Mercalillo.

Command Element observing Mercalillo and scanning for possible enemy thread

Platoon's mechanized force at the staging area. The force was mainly made of Humvees (TOW,M2,Mk19) and an Mk19 Stryker acting as support element.

An active enemy BRDM was spotted leaving Mercalillo and heading towards the compound. As the team was getting ready to engage, the BRDM opened fire on our location. The task force quickly answered by dispatching the Stryker to the right flank to suppress and route enemy soldiers. Meanwhile, a TOW Humvee was set on the left flank to dispatch any enemy armored threat. The BRDM was then quickly taken care of by Charlie Squad.

Charlie's Mk19 Stryker suppressing enemy soldiers.

The task force proceeded West towards the enemy stronghold. On its way toward the town, the Mk19 Stryker suffered a critical hit by OpFor's AT unit. Some minor casualties were also taken. Command quickly dispatched units to hold and secure critical compounds on the city's outskirt.

Charlie's medic taking cover behind an Humvee.

A soldier assigned to Charlie Squad engaging and suppressing enemy infantry outside Mercalillo.

The outskirt of town were quickly reached without fierce opposition and any reminder of the OpFor units were routed. By then, Charlie and Delta elements were already inside making their way to the enemy's fuel depot while Alpha was securing the North-Eastern part of town.

Elements from Delta Squad breaching the Western side of Mercalillo. Charlie and Delta squad slowly made their way towards the Fuel Depot. A critical objective to the US task force.

Despite some minor casualties, everything went good. Everyone did their jobs as they were expected to.

Good job guys!

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Re: SimHQ Assault 04 01-24-09

Nice AAR's mate good work!

BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Always fantastic work with the screenshots and details Xm!

Comment

Thanks guys! <3

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

Really nice :) .

I tried to screenshot some rounds several times, but everytime the shooting started I would stop with the screenshots and get into cover.

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
          Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Skychief View Post
            Really nice :) .

I tried to screenshot some rounds several times, but everytime the shooting started I would stop with the screenshots and get into cover.
            Coward. The job of a combat cameramen is on the line each time you shoot a picture ;)

The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X