First night back.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First night back.

Last night (Feb 9) was my first time playing ArmA since 1.08 was released. Things did not go smoothly....

-Could not find targets... I remember this game is tough and finding targets is hard so fine. I still got to shoot buildings, tents and lots of trees though. Also very intense when everyone around you starts shooting an you have no idea why.

-Hard to stay with squad.... If not for that little circle on my squad leader I would have have spent every mission running around lost and alone.

-Clausaphobic... Riding in bacl of APC with no external views, no magic map to track progress etc...

-Rusty... This was complicated by wife issues as well though. Had a chance to get airborn in an MH-6 (bird of choice for me) to do some recon and guidance of ground forces. Betweem wrong VOIP channel, getting lost and then jumping out instead of auto-hover I have some serious practice I can get back to my distinguisjed air cav badge again...

Glad to be back though.

Re: First night back.

LMAO very funny to read and glad you are back in the mix!

Best
    BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

-Could not find targets... Yeah them Soviet infies are hard to spot sometimes.

-Hard to stay with squad.... Thats the job of the squadleader tbh. A good squadleader always keeps an eye on his men.

-Clausaphobic... you never know when they will hit ya !

-Rusty... After a couple of games youll get the hang of it again :)

WB
      A day of battle is a day harvest for the devil

Comment

Do you have any tips on recognizance with the mh6? I haven't done it yet and Im unsure what to do in that role

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Originally posted by sparks50 View Post
          Do you have any tips on recognizance with the mh6? I haven't done it yet and Im unsure what to do in that role
          1: Keep your distance
          2: Never fly high
          3: Use the terrain and "hide" behind hills as required
          4: Never fly directly over the target area.

Just my 2 cents worh

BD1
          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Mostly just common sense I guess.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

well some person really needs to be reminded on the basics.. and not going into rambo mode..
              If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

Originally posted by sparks50 View Post
                Bring a copilot to do the watching while you do the flying.

Comment

Welcome back, Toshido. If you need help with anything, I'll try and help (that's if I can help :)). Just takes a while to get back into "the zone", try not to get caught in the front line until you are confident again. :P

Comment

Last night got caught seperated from the rest of the squad in the park on the perfect utopia (I think) mission.
                    Once it was all said and down I had 8 (i think) kills and was able to get out of there. With the kindest thanks to Fincuan aka clown face (probably misspelled) who came to my rescue as I lay wounded in the grass. Then i ran like a screaming like a schoolgirl out of the park to kill another two hostiles before reforming with my squad.
                    Good times and the game is coming back quick.

Now to start leading missions soon.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X