22/03/09 - Black Hawk Down gone FUBAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22/03/09 - Black Hawk Down gone FUBAR

I have no screenshots, but I think the video footage might serve as a what-not-to-do-lession ;) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbmLfaVcduQ

Well... do not

1. keep inproper spacing

2. stop following orders

3. waste ammo (tbh. I did my part, too, but that's the M249's, *cough* fault)

4. bunch up on a man down, let the medic do his job (2 times seen here, but in other missions, too)

4.2 especially when under fire (rifle grenades!)

5. die by the Epic Grenade

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
    Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Re: 22/03/09 - Black Hawk Down gone FUBAR

ROFL :)

Thanks for that, and thanks for the players. It was one mission well worth spectating(I died early on by driving down "the hill of Death").

I thought I'd never say this, but the mission needs more enemies. Today we completed it two times in a row with just five people playing: two or three as survivors and the rest rescuing. The first time I made it to the survivor building alone, and fired exactly one shot on the way. Amount of enemies was set to "NORMAL"(the highest available)

Comment

as someone who was actually shooting at something I am sorry for hitting the guy who ran in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
        ROFL :)

I thought I'd never say this, but the mission needs more enemies. Today we completed it two times in a row with just five people playing: two or three as survivors and the rest rescuing. The first time I made it to the survivor building alone, and fired exactly one shot on the way. Amount of enemies was set to "NORMAL"(the highest available)
        Well there was one "hard" setting in earlier versions which had about 200 AIs but I removed it due to reports of enormous lag (easy has 108 enemies, normal 153) , you need many AIs to cover the whole city.

I could add it back though, most of the low fps may have been caused by the initial high viewdistance (which is fixed to around 500 now).

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
        Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Comment

That was the worst experience of that mission ever at first it was all good we were all alive then rpg hits us but luckily I jumped out of the hummv before it burned up and exploded. Then i was the only one left of the survivors. afterwards it took us nearly 5 mins to get out of the city which was only 200 m away because people were bringing hell on a house lol. Then the Epic nade...

As long as there is man there will be wars-Albert Einstein

No man,No problem-Josef Stalin

Comment

Urg, At 1:53 on the YouTube vid Im the first one at the body, needing morphine I start to raid his gear before I suppose we start moving to clear out the enemy in our way. At 2:03 I think "ha, what would hap...." not even time to finish the thought before 2:05. Its strange, right up until the start of the vid the mission had gone really well then all of a sudden were all together and people are going crazy shooting everything and nothing.

Good Times :D
            =Supporting Member=
            If you think your up for the task joining the Irrgs, hit the recruitment thread

Comment

Oh man, was this one frustrating. After Lq.Snake died, I decided to take over the infantry squad. everyone did a good job listening at first, then we had a couple of guys start traveling south to do who knows what. The mission was to extract the survivors, not clear the city. Everyone then met up on the main N S road with the recon element who had secured the survivors. We started traveling south and then everyone kept stopping to shoot at a few enemies and where they thought enemies were. I don't know how many times Bigvalco and me said to keep moving but everyone was taking cover like we had a plt of enemies attacking us when it was only a guy or two here and there. Another thing people need to learn is that only the medic or the guy bandaging someone needs to stop on a downed man. Several times I saw 3 or more guys standing around an injured man and had to keep telling everyone to move away. If you wanna help and someone is bandaging already, then provied security and don't bunch up like we kept saying. People seem to feel safer in large groups, but your really just a better target.
              |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
              TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Most of those people were probably taking gear off of the wounded guy. I just had it happen myself.

Comment

We were headed back to base and there was no need to take gear off of a wounded man. Even if he was dead, no one needed to grab ammo off of them since we were trying to extract, not sustain a long firefight. I see this happen too many times, and people don't seem to learn. It didn't matter if he had found the holy grail and someone wanted to bring it back to base, the mission was to extract the survivors, not loot the fallen.
                  |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
                  TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Originally posted by Royalfork View Post
                    as someone who was actually shooting at something I am sorry for hitting the guy who ran in front of me.
                    yea...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X