THE SCIENTIST - Pathfinder test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE SCIENTIST - Pathfinder test

This evening some members of the TG pathfinders conducted a test fo me of my new CoOp70 mission - THE SCIENTIST

Winchester to Command, Myself as a pilot and Gunner as Eagle Squad lead. Eagle squad also had Xmaster and Bamboo in the squad and LordMac joined in for the last few minutes as another pilot.

This mission has an unusual structure in that all the squad leaders, the Commander, the platoon Medic and the two pilots are all in one group and thus they have group comms between each other. Each player thereafter is an individual who is prt of a squad but not "AmrA Grouped" as such, so Group channel is of no use to them. The grunts on the ground can only use Vehicle chat and Direct chat, nothing else.

Side is left empty unless a squad leader is killed and then such message can be relayed and then the 2IC will switch to the back-up TS system.

This mission has Revive followed by respawn (x3) should the counter run out and the player/grunt arrives back a base. With only direct comms, the only way for that player to get into communication with his squad leader againis to wait for a human pilot to appear who is on the command net. The player then has to use the pilot to communicate messages to his squad leader and to decide where to regroup with hissquad. Alternatively the squad leader may "call" an AI airlift helicopter to come collect the soldier bu again this needs some co-ordination with the pilot.

The mission is quite a challenge and the commander and squad leaders must think very clearly about their strategy and this includes LZ selection in hostile zones. (Always better to select a safe LZ than a potentially hot LZ).

Once the testers understood fully how communications worked, Eagle orgaised themselves and the decision was made to take the MH6 LB to ferry Eagle co. to an LZ ready for their objective to meet the Scientist.

Once evryone was loaded we took off and headed Northeast to a small eastern village on the near the AO. While flying along the coast, the LB transport was spotted by a BMP and the helicopter took heavy fire. One casualty was shot from the helicopter into the wter below. The LB jinked left and right to avoid the fire and dropped off a couple of members of eagle at the LZ and the squad medic and command then tried to take off and rescue the injured player in the ocean. Under heavy fire again the call was made to RTB to repair and refuel.

Back at base it was clear the players injuries had been severe and he had just been released from the field hospital. The group then rearmed and made their way back to Eagle squad leaders marked LZ.

Unfortunately Eagle was overrun by a patrol and once the LB departed fom the LZ to base, the new reinforcements also found themselves in trouble.....

Many of the players then had RL issues to go deal with so the test was stopped with some interesting notes to change and tweak a few things.

The guys made a good effort at this with small numbers and it proved that even 6 people can play the mission. However the team did not get very far into the objective and a problem was noticed with standard weapons not firing? Anyone else discovered this in mission making? It is as if it takes 3 or 4 mouse clicks to fire one bullet? maybe a conflict between the old weapons and new ace ones?

Anywaya very interesting test and I am sure those who played will agree that this is a "Hard" mission and probably most suitable to veteran players of ArmA, but overall the test went pretty well.

BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: THE SCIENTIST - Pathfinder test

Awesome mission. Cannot wait to try it out during an event.
    This are my kind of missions BD. Keep em coming brother. If you need to test it further, feel free to hit me up. It'll be a pleasure.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

Unfortunately I had other commitments, or I would've been in game as well. Looking forward to the next test.

-BoD
      BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

I agree that this is an exciting and challenging new mission everyone is going to enjoy! Experiencing the commander position in-game is quite a thrill and the serious tone of play will lead to Many Many memorable plays on the server. Thanks Blackdog for putting so much into this mission and we look forward to it's TG/public release.

PM follows

Comment

Lots of potential for this mission. Looking forward to it... maybe on one of the Sunday events!

| |

Comment

thanks for the info.... can't wait to try it..... very interesting.....

Comment

Get ready for Halo jumps.

Comment

Sounds very interesting, would love to see it up on the server soon.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Should be soon, just got a couple of minor bugs to sort out, but just to recap, this mission is not just to run on the public server just yet. Casual players just jumping into this mission WILL be a disaster.

So it's first proper run will be a Pathfinder Event, hopefully pretty soon.

I still have this slight lag issue/question mark with the non-Ace weapons at the start of the mission. It seems that if you cycle your aim view a few times when you start, it seems to put the weapon in sync, yet if you dont, when you go to fire it wont...and you need to hit the fire button a number of times to get the weapon to fire.

Not sure what is causing this?

But the airlift is working great, we still have a couple of problems with "action" options remaining even when the Hel has ben sent to base, but I am working with TJ on this and its work in progress, but so far it works superbly!
                  BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

The mission sounds good.Sorry I could not make it with the testing.
                    |TG| Eugene
                    sigpic
                    Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X