• Operation War Eagle 4/12/2009

Bluefor (1IC) Soto
    1st FTL Xmaster
    2nd FTL Meeeeee08
    CH47 Kimmeh
    AH1Z Ace King, Marine

Independent (2IC) Gunner
    1st FTL ?
    2nd FTL ? Sorry, didn't work directly with you 2 so I don't remember names, please fill me in.
    Sniper Team Jepo, Viper

Mission: confirm the death of an Insurgent Leader after a tactical missle strike.

Terrain/Weather: Afghan village and surronding farmland. Noon, overcast weather.

Plan: AH1Z to recon target area and eliminate any remaining threats before infantry arive. Infantry move by HMMWV to a point SE of the stronghold, move both squads up with Independents providing cover for Bluefor to move in and confirm target or find intel on current status of target.

What happened: For some reason the markers I put on the map in Global kept dissappearing, not sure why so thx for being patient. Due to convoy staging markers dissappearing there was some confusion as to the location of the staging area. Once that was situated, Ace King reconned the route and found no threats. Bluefor lead the convoy to the disembark area at this point and we formed on line and swept to our staging areas for sweeping the compound. Again markers dissappeared but we mannaged. Due to a large wall that I thought was a low one on the map, I had the Independents change their location to cover Bluefor during their sweep. No target found but intel gathered on a USB showing the location of an insurgent strong point and the Insurgent leader was probably located there.

During the above phase the AH1Z crew were engaging enemy vehicles spotted by the sniper team. After the intel was gathered I called Kimmeh for an airlift and had the AH1Z scan the North West compound area. It was clear as far as they could see so I designated an LZ on the North West just North of that compound and we landed. We cleared the compound, found no threats and the Sniper Team went up one of the towers and started calling in targets for the AH1Z. Once the enemy sniper positions were destroyed we proceeded South.

Independents lead the movement South and we came under enemy fire. One casualty was sustained I believe (who was it?). Everyone got on Line, I called a strafing run from the AH1Z in and smoke was popped to mark friendlies position (thx whoever did this). After we took most of the enemy out by small arms fire and the strafing run, Bluefor moved into a small group of buildings North of the objective to cover the Independents sweep of the area. I received word that the AH1Z had an accident and they crashed around here (how and what happened?). The objective was complete, target confirmed dead. I called for extract a few hundred meters North of the objective, smoke was popped, we all loaded up, took a rocket from somewhere (not sure where), returned to base and the mission was called succesfull over the radio.

In all we lost 1 soldier and 2 Helicopter Pilots. The soldier died from enemy fire and the Helicopter crashed due to an accident. I wanted to do this mission with the intent of completing it with minimal casualties so some of the tactics or techniques I used were based off of this intent, just wanted to point this out if there were any questions or complaints about having to wait sometimes. Usually fire missions were being called for the AH1Z. Great job guys and thanks for keeping patient and not complaining. Sorry about the markers, not sure why they kept disappearing for you guys. Please comment and fill in any blanks I left. Also some constructive criticism is welcome.
    |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
    TGULT-Roel Yento

re: Operation War Eagle 4/12/2009

I spent the first part of this mission alt-tabbing in and out try to help a new player get his Afgan-avgani to work so he could play, so I missed the whole briefing. I tabbed in to hop in the chopper, then out again till we landed. Then again till my squad was a good distance away and I had to run to catch up. But from then on, wow, this was an awesome mission. I have no clue what we were doing there, so I just kept watching the direction I was told to, and shooting at anything that moved. The sound of the chopper above us firing about made me horny, it was so realistic. The whole mission felt like the tons of vids on LiveLeak with us all using a stone wall for cover, and moving through small compounds filled with trash to clear them.

I posted these pics in the other AAR before I knew we were doing 2 post.

Shot at 2009-04-13

Shot at 2009-04-13

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I thought it was a well made mission too. It was immersive since the mission required us to gather intel and move from there. Mostly planning on the fly and was especially nice since I had never played it before so it was all new. Nice pics BTW.
      |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
      TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Must say this was another well planned mission.LCpl.Soto I think you proofed to us all that u can be a very good platoon leader.Well done!:row__585:
        |TG| Eugene
        sigpic
        Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

AH-1Z crashed trying to land because Ace King was losing control periodically and thought it was a good idea to try and land without the engines on ;)

T'was a good try on Ace's part (I couldn't have done any better with the chopper spinning out of control like that) and a great addition to the Sunday event.

Thanks for coming out every and look forward to seeing you all again next week!

| |

Comment

was in XMasters group and playing with him and the other guys was just great!I cant wait to play with oyu guys in ArmA2!

Comment

This was Operation War Eagle. Operation Golden Eagle is an Afghan Village TvT.

Comment

Re: Operation War Eagle 4/12/2009

Originally posted by aceking View Post
                This was Operation War Eagle. Operation Golden Eagle is an Afghan Village TvT.
                Fixed it for you Ace

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                  was in XMasters group and playing with him and the other guys was just great!I cant wait to play with oyu guys in ArmA2!
                  Scatch ArmA2 for now. And lets stick with what we have: Kickass ArmA I.
                  Was great having you in my group. Looking forward playing with you in the future.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

You know what I want?????

A return to some of the excellent Sam Hoy AAR's with music, pics and description they were great to watch!

Get on it Sam!!! ;)
                    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

A few shots from the event:

Starting out from the FOB

Approaching the disembark point. The reassuring sight of an AH-1 zipping past is always welcome

Getting back to the big bird after recovering the intel. Hope the local farmers liked the five or so Hummers we left behind :)

Kodak moment while waiting others to embark

Inside the Chinook on the way to the next LZ. I wonder what those guys are doing...

After securing a compund near the LZ the Special Forces stack up against a wall and prepare to move

Our fireteam covers the entrance

Rocco taking care of the entrance

Moving out towards the target

After this it was hectic enough that I forgot to grab sceenshots, but I see other guys had it covered pretty well.
                      Last edited by Fincuan; 04-14-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                        You know what I want?????

A return to some of the excellent Sam Hoy AAR's with music, pics and description they were great to watch!

Get on it Sam!!! ;)
                        Sam? He's still alive? I thought he would be in fail for being caught lurking around a school by now.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                        The BigC

Comment

Too many damned mission names;) thanks for the update, I shall edit stuff accordingly!

Comment

Sam? He's still alive? I thought he would be in fail for being caught lurking around a school by now.
                            :p

Still on the prowl, just been busy.

Anyways, from the looks of this it seems I'm missing out on some good coordinated game play. Perhaps, in the coming weeks if I have time I'll play some ARMA and whip up a new video AAR.

EDIT:
                            For old times sakes,

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw2exwkKFHo[/media]

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61o3u...eature=related
                            Last edited by Sam Hoy; 04-14-2009, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Well i was 2nd FTL in Blufor under Soto, (great job leading us by the way), we started out getting briefed on what we were going to do. The AH-1Z reconned the area for us, ensuring no enemies were there and also ensuring no casualties. Due to the markers not showing up for some reason, when we started moving out, there was some confusion as to where what goes where. But Soto did a good job leading us and we were able to get into position. Once we got there, Blufor was to watch the village while the independent set up to the south. We then moved in and searched for intel, which turned out to be a USB drive. There also seemed to a closely positioned computer which we were able to use to gather intel from.

We then got an air extraction to a compound somewhere north of where the insurgent leader was located from the intel. We cleared the compound and waited while the AH-1Z took out sniper positions that could be dangerous. Independents lead south, and we followed. After take some small arms fire and dealing with it, we moved in to cover the independents as they searched the area for the insurgent leader. After they found a positive ID on him, we got another extraction from Kimmeh. On take off, we were almost hit by an RPG round, but luckily we made it home alive.

Overall a good mission, I praise my squad for following my orders and doing a great job. Also good job to Soto for leading and everyone else, we took only a couple of casualties, and it was a fun mission.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X