Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The scientist - test AAR

Hello all,

Very many thanks for testing THE SCIENTIST. We found a couple of issues, but ovrall I was pretty pleased with how it played out.

I took some pics, if anyone else took any or any film, post them up.

Squad Leaders did a great job managing their teams, considering that each player only got 3 revives, the medics did a great job getting people up. I would also liek to thank the Pilots Viper and Vendetta, they did superbly.

Going o make a couple of changes and then this is ready for a major event. 70 players on his could be epic!!!

If you have an AAR, please feel free to post below. If anyone has any advice for the mission, please feel free to PM me! I was surprised that not once did the Enemy AI get an artillery fix on any unit, but maybe thats for next time! ;)

Once again, many thanks, the TG Mission team is already developing another CoOp79 mission so here's to that, this mission and others being produced.

Cheers
    BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: The scientist - test AAR

Indeed, I found it to be quiet a nice mission. Very nice job Blackdog! I recall Charlie's assault on the compound to be near perfect, very good job guys.

The night time rain and the moon's light provided quiet an interesting rainbow:

Comment

Delta lead here.

The mission setup and everything was very cleverly set up to provide immersion. Very well done. ANd the test event was best of the best time I had on Arma.

Delta - the special forces guys did great job. The most intense part was when we went to meet the Scientist Eagle objective...

Delta had only 2 man that time. Socomseal joined us as our medic in this mission. Both me and other spec ops had a silenced weapon. Engaged a squad on the way into the objective found the Scientist and got the intel... By this time the enemy surrounded us. We had to call in air support. While the rockets were going off we hid in a church. Popped bunch of smoke and ran like hell. Both Socomseal and Pisatel were screaming "GoGoGo". We could hear gunfire from behind us tracers going around us, grenade launchers popping and grenades going off... Stopping briefly to take down enemies in front of us we somehow made it out of there unharmed.

All of us survived with the missions accomplished... 3 guys against one objective. That was some intense moment.

Great stuff. :row__523:

Comment

Charlie Lead. 101st Airborne Hooah?!

Excellent job to all of my squad members:

Falcon - 2IC
        Gunner - Sniper/Vehicle CO
        google - ammo bearer/demolitions
        Bamboozle - demolitions
        Jeepo - AT
        xsoldier - Autorifle
        beta - autorifle
        TangoWrangler - medic
        BarnacleofDOOM! - ammo bearer

(And anyone else - sorry! It's late and I'm forgetful, post if I forget you!)

Charlie was responsible for the Chemical Factory destruction, Armored Support Role at the Airstrip takeover, and initial contact and demolition at the Armor Depot.

Exellent work to all, and don't forget to thank BD for a great mission!
        Last edited by MarineSeaknight; 05-04-2009, 07:39 PM.

| |

Comment

Some images from a C.O.'s perspective at Camp Woods:

This was following the successful destruction of the chemicle weapons plant by Charlie co. The successful destruction of the radio tower by Bravo and Delta Co.'s and the elimination of Ivan Belchoi by Delta team. I called a regroup of all units at FOB Woods. The pilots were bringing in reinforcements from the very few casualties that were taken.

The 101st being briefed by Marine following his orders from the CO

It took a little while for the Grunts to get themselves in order. Congras to Beita for being one of the few guys to be keeping watch whilst many huddled and chatted!

|TG-22nd| Viper flying in reinforcements.

Touchdown...

For the final phase of the operation, Charlie and Bravo team were joined together to take the airbase at Terka. Delta (2man team plus Socomseal-PLT Medic) were tasked with meeting THE SCIENTIST and getting the intel. Vendetta would insert the Delta team and Bravo and Charlie got ready in Vehicles. Bravo in an M113 and Charlie in two Strykers.

Bravo and Charlie engaged a Shilka on route to the west side of the airbase where they found an overwatch hill position fortified with heavy weapons. Delta meanwhile landed at an LZ to the East of the airfield for their stealth mission into the Scientist's location.

Once the airbase was cleared all units headed South West to an ACE shipment point at the docks. Some small skirmishes took makes and 4 50 cal positions were eliminated outside the building. Once rearmed and resupplied, Charlie was tasked with taking out the 8th Armoured division while Bravo teamed up again with Delta to eliminate the Nabukonodexa Prime Minister. All units successully completed their objectives and all squad members adapted to the mission comms controls superbly, resulting in great teamwork.

My one observation of the squads and squad leaders is organisation at start and mid mission. At one point I was trying to brief two squad leaders and could not hear a thing over the constant local chat. (This is very similar to RL and the end result happened) ;) So the C.O. stepped out of the tent and told everyone to shut up! Had there been a Plt Sgt in this game, that would have been his role.

After combat, everyone is excited and so they relax and that is where things get disorganised. So SL's need to tell their men to either take up observation station, hold in one place and stay alert but most importantly to stay quiet and listen. At this point we were way behind enemy lines and enemy could have come of of the tree line at any moment. So while SL's and team leaders are getting organised and planning, squad members need to be alert at all times and take up sentry positions.

Some of these things we will be teaching soon in ArmA TGU clases.

Once again, a great effort by all concerned and a success with roughly 30 people for a mission designed for 70 players. I expect 70 players to be able to complete this mission in a couple of hours. But playing with less, just means you take longer to complete the objectives.

Version 4 will be ready soon! ;)

BD1
          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
            Delta lead here.

The mission setup and everything was very cleverly set up to provide immersion. Very well done. ANd the test event was best of the best time I had on Arma.

Delta - the special forces guys did great job. The most intense part was when we went to meet the Scientist Eagle objective...

Delta had only 2 man that time. Socomseal joined us as our medic in this mission. Both me and other spec ops had a silenced weapon. Engaged a squad on the way into the objective found the Scientist and got the intel... By this time the enemy surrounded us. We had to call in air support. While the rockets were going off we hid in a church. Popped bunch of smoke and ran like hell. Both Socomseal and Pisatel were screaming "GoGoGo". We could hear gunfire from behind us tracers going around us, grenade launchers popping and grenades going off... Stopping briefly to take down enemies in front of us we somehow made it out of there unharmed.

All of us survived with the missions accomplished... 3 guys against one objective. That was some intense moment.

Great stuff. :row__523:
            Delta team was the most crazy team I've ever seen in TG. I remember Pisatel always running around and asking "B were are you, B were are you", or seeing the two of you passing in front of me and hearing "B go slower, B wait for me" , crazy, I couldn't stop laughing every time I saw you guys.
            sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Very nice mission, Blackdog! I was one of Marine's Charlie troopers - Assistant AT Gunner, actually. Spend the mission running around after Jeepo to make sure that he had the necessary AT rounds and getting revived by Tangowrangler. Wasn't sure that I'd like the squad arrangement at first but it ended up working out pretty well. Really added to the mission I'd say.

-BoD
              BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Im gutted i had to leave early but i had to go to the union. :(
                Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

I was also in Delta Team.
                  Pisatel, concrete and me know ourselfs from other arma games, was quite fun :)

B, used me as bullet catcher at the beginning a few times^^ (i was recon)
                  Was really nice game.

Unfortunatly my Arma crashed after the 1st objective.
                  I tryed to join a few times again, but noone thougt its maybe an idea to unlock the server for me.. so my game ended pretty soon :(

Comment

Bravo Lead here,

Great job to my team, you all know who you are. We assisted Delta on their first objective. Then we helped assassinate an officer, assault the airfield and finally went to assassinate the other officer at a city.

Everything went pretty smooth. Usually I am not excited about playing games which only allow "direct" chat. However, this went well. I really slowed my team's movements down and that helped keep things organized.

Everything seemed to go as planned and pretty smooth. I lost about three men in one engagement/ambush. but we got them revived and back in action.

Good mission overall.
                    Last edited by GeneralCarver; 05-04-2009, 10:28 AM. Reason: typo's
                    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

new movie footage ;)
                      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I would like to say the Charlie squad took a lot of AA direct fire from 100 meters out and I had to reinsert intestines numerous times at the light house as the medic. This was a fun mission that allowed everyone the opportunity to get some action.

I wish I could remember what the side remark was after command came out of the tent and told everyone to shut up. It was really funny though.

This is simply another mission that I was glad to serve with each and everyone of you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X