24 MAY 09 Event AAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 MAY 09 Event AAR

Kudos to Marine and his pilot/gunner for the pickup... and Blackdog for the water pickup! Pics/vids in this thread please.
    BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Re: 24 MAY 09 Event AAR

http://www.xfire.com/video/c11b2/
    What me and Marine did mostly during the event. We also got to play coast guard when Jeepo went down over the water, and when Blackdog and Barnacleofdoom got stranded on the main island.

Comment

was fun 2bad i had to go

Comment

nice thanks for the vid share...
        If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

It was a great combined arms mission.

Thanks for Ghost and Century for stepping up as our 1/2ICs as well as our dedicated pilots and squad leaders! Everyone did an excellent job and the mission was successful.

See you all next event!

| |

Comment

Sorry i couldn't make it, was really pumped for this mission. I fell asleep while watching the Indy 500.

Really looking forward to the picks since i heard great things about the mission.
            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Great mission! 1-1Bravo sure had fun with the reporter, even if he did pick up a pistol and shoot the squad leader in the gut. We were the first squad on the main island and we got strafed by Jeepo's hind waiting for the others. "Get off the roof! Get off the roof!" ahahaha

Comment

Personal technical difficulties aside, it was pretty cool trying to keep up with the different teams and taking pictures and video. I wouldn't mind trying it again sometime, but maybe with a slightly more mentally stable co-worker. Winchester, my man... what happened??
                When I get some time, later today, I'll upload some video, including Winchester drawing a pistol and turning on our 'hosts' :D
                I hadn't tested my ACE 1.08 before yesterday's event, and I started getting a mismatch error warning after we had started the game. I carried on for awhile, but eventually disconnected, reinstalled 1.08, and jumped back in. Also, in after volunteering to be Press, I hastily Alt-tabbed out to start Fraps, and didn't realize that the last time I'd used it, I had turned 'record sound' off; dumb of me.
                That said, I'll see if I can attach some pictures from the event below:

I didn't catch who said this:
                [media]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2470/3562139811_8a65044d5e_b.jpg[/media]

[media]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3645/3562102939_6b00732e67_b.jpg[/media]

[media]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2464/3562918822_c7ec731721_b.jpg[/media]

"Why's everyone looking at ME??"
                [media]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3584/3562918630_81494fd1e9_b.jpg[/media]

Sea Rescue (Jeepo's head is one bright pixel!)
                [media]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2466/3562918294_9f6a4c2e50_b.jpg[/media]

..and the waterlogged Pilot himself
                [media]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3586/3562102625_44595a5b84_b.jpg[/media]

Thanks everyone! I had a good time, and I'll make sure I'm better prepared next time :D
                Seeken

Comment

Good event that, though as 2IC by role was small, assigning medics and troop resupply although that was relatively self organised by the pilots who did an excellent job. There was the incident with the harrier almost crashing into base but other than that a very smooth event
                  =Supporting Member=
                  If you think your up for the task joining the Irrgs, hit the recruitment thread

Comment

Thanks to those who made this event possible. I am not so much a fan of missions using heavy air support, it often leaves little to do for the infantry and the noise makes communication hard. Still, this mission was nice when we made our way to and entered the last objetive, as it was crawling with enemies (especially the appartment buildings) and we took quite some casualties there. I was a rifleman in Echo squad, lead by SilverJohn. Some images I took during the mission:

Just a few minutes into the mission, the Hinds started to take out targets (I don't think they ever returned the fire):

Moving in on the first objective, an AA emplacement, by boat:

Landing at regroup position after having been separated from my squad (I think it's Echo MG gunner Falcon sitting next to me):

More reinforcements coming in:

Squad leader SilverJohn during attack:

Checking bodies, beita and SilverJohn disarming survivors (which would get shot by the next guy coming along ...):

Hind attacking a convoy a kilometer away:

Before the final approach overlooking the last objective:

Some more air support:

Echo squad:

I didn't have NVGs and we had no paraflares or similar, so I was close to useless (more than usual):

Picking up a gunner, after the town had been cleared:

Funny one, Harrier got shot by a Hind and decided to fly on its back:

Comment

Bert, beautiful footage indeed. If you don't mind i'd like to incorperate these into the video for this event im working on.

If anyone else has excellent photos and or video, let me know and we can discuss how to get this to me.

Once again, awesome pictures from everyone so far. Really jealous i missed out on this.
                      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I was the 1IC and I would like to thank Century for his expertise in transport organization. All of the pilots for there AWSOME flight skills, absolutly amazing when you guys attacked the first convoy. Also, all squad leaders for keeping your squads in check and succesfully asaulting ob6 and ob7. And of course, thank you squad members for your accurate shooting. I do not know who did the water-op, but I can't beleive you can do that! Amazing job and a joy to lead.
                        |TG|Ghost02
                        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Love that first shot there Bert.
                          BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Shame I missed that. I HATE YOU WORK!

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                            The BigC

Comment

Thanks to my SL'er [3.SA]Shemasko, Browna, Glenn, Badger, sparks and the rest of the guys in 1-1-C squad i can't remember.

First really big event for me so lots of impressions. My highlights:

- Initial rollout when choppers are taking off and everybody is organising. I was impressed. What a theater of war.
                              - Trying to secure the AA sites in boats. But dying horribly, yet gloriously for our motherland, when our boat was taken out. Twice.
                              - Being airlifted to the frontlines in chopper with a reporter staring at me!
                              - Shemasko's speech and promise of leaving no man behind before we moved into the city on patrol. Hilarious and comforing to a fresh grunt.
                              - Running towards the city blacking out and discovering i was carrying a 25kg parachute in my pack!
                              - Reaching the city and trying to engage the enemy in pitch darkness. With no night vision which i offcourse didn't have in my pack.
                              - Prying the night vision goggles out of my dead SL'ers hands.
                              - Shooting my weapon long range, soon realising it's for close quarters. Doh!
                              - Watching my squad die and running around in the city alone. Scared.
                              - Joining up with fellow teammates, clearing buildings and being saved from dying. Thanks irregs and others for that.
                              - Witnessing the Hinds engage enemy positions in the city. Awesome work boys.
                              - Great relief when my squad returns with reinforcements. Together we take the city for the win!!!

Thank you for organising and playing everyone, i really did have a great time. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X