[June 14th] Sunday TvT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [June 14th] Sunday TvT

Great game guys (hxxp://stats.swec.se/game/data/2056735).

Thanks and hope to cya again!

Your Jav guy
    TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Re: [June 14th] Sunday TvT

Moved to the AAR Forum. Good to see you had fun.

| |

Comment

Well it was a little bit of different fun... a couple of things with the mission were not quite working properly, but overall it was a blast. Quite nice to see the co-ordination between armour and air, with more numbers this could be a great fun mission...

Best moment for me was in the first game.... always classic when your commander turns to his squad and says.... "I just dont know what to do... I have run out of ideas....this has never happened to me before....I....I....just dont know.......damn I have never faced this sitation before, I just dont know what to do next....." truly classic moment!

;)

Well done Ghost....after your moment of battle stress, your squad mates sorted your head out and we went back and hit them hard..... was good fun! :D
      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

I also had a blast. Cheers to BD for arranging the time.

In the first round I led a 5 or 6 man infantry team. We transported to the objective area by MI 17 and occupied defensive positions within the city. I split the fire team up into two groups, both overwatching the flag. Most of the action occurred on the Northern perimeter of the city as the US advanced. My team was the inner defense of the objective.

The US Cobra made some very nice strafing runs that looked pretty but were basically ineffective against out position. We saw him coming and got off the roofs and hunkered down away from the windows. on the I'm not sure how the other FT fared in the Nothern part of the city. The clock ran out and we still controlled the flag.

In the second round I was a medic attached to the command element. I was killed in our initial advance and reconnected with the group after they had taken possession of the flag. We dug in and held our ground until the clock expired. Kudos to the Bradley for covering the initial advance into the city.

I had a funny moment when I saw a chute come down amongst the tents near the mosque. With 2 minutes to go the Iraqi team tried assaulting by parachute apparently. I went chasing after the culprit around a corner, stopped, ran into a tent and turned left while he blasted me from the other corner....oh why didn't I frag the tent I thought as I lay dying. Ha ha . ..

Despite the minor mission glitches the event was a blast. I liked the very manageable time frame of just over 2 hours.

Lets hear some more from other combatants....
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
          Well it was a little bit of different fun... a couple of things with the mission were not quite working properly, but overall it was a blast. Quite nice to see the co-ordination between armour and air, with more numbers this could be a great fun mission...

Best moment for me was in the first game.... always classic when your commander turns to his squad and says.... "I just dont know what to do... I have run out of ideas....this has never happened to me before....I....I....just dont know.......damn I have never faced this sitation before, I just dont know what to do next....." truly classic moment!

;)

Well done Ghost....after your moment of battle stress, your squad mates sorted your head out and we went back and hit them hard..... was good fun! :D
          Hardest Mission I have played. Lowspeed, excellent commanding and amazing defense. The commander thing. Yes, uhh sorry. I had absolutly no clue what I was going to do next! Thanks to my squad leaders getting my head back together, we formulated a hard hitting attack.
          |TG|Ghost02
          TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Yeah we had a few issues with the flag system, it was bugged in the second game as we had substantial forces in the town and yet the flag had turned to US 1 minute into the game, long before any US forces were in the town.

Yes the Parachute attack was our last hurrah! We decide an airbourne raid out of the Mi17 from 1000m might surprise you guys... :D

I jumped and HALO'ed in and was surprised as my rate of decent suddenly seemed to quicken and I was not sure why, but just got my chute open to drift in to the small white hut complex, landing through someones roof!! :D I then saw a US soldier (grunt) walk past the window and figured he may be looking for me... sure enough he got a warm welcome when he entered..... (seem a little rusty there trooper!) ;)

I think with the bugs fixed and large numbers this would be a hoot, I am going to build a similar principle mission for A2...
            BlackDog1

Comment

truly excellent time was had,1st mission i was a grunt hiding in a building dodging an AH straffing run which looked awesome in the dark.2nd mission i was taxi driver for blufor flying at night is scary but atleast i had nv goggles this time looking forward to the next TvT event really enjoyable time was had :)

hopefully i wont forget my camera nxt time...
              if you could see me now.....

Comment

Gotta admit blackdog, great mission, it is a simple enough concept, but the respawn throws wrenches in the plans. What I think would add some interst is a A-10 and the russian counterpart.
                |TG|Ghost02
                TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Ta mate, problem with that is there is no airbases/runways on that map.

That's the rationale behind the mission, the allies want to convert that MSR into a runway and make it a forward airbase...

I shall make some tweaks and reload it.
                  BlackDog1

Comment

Mission has been tweaked and reloaded. The Iraqi FOB has been moved closer to the target area (damn sand is hard to drive through) and I have also created a Special Forces LUP for the US Forces again cloer o the objective with some useful vehicles.

New map markers to make things clearer,I think I fixed the annoying "you do not have permission error" bt I am not convinced the falg capture is still working correctly or the mission end feature on the timer.

So I have put a countdown trgger in that should end the mission no matter what agter 60 mins.

Would be fun to get another group to have a go at this again!

Regards
                    BD1
                    BlackDog1

Comment

Sign me up, just please make it about the same time, so we Euros can play.
                      TGU courses: - 20/05/11 Jacezz

Comment

Sounds like a good time!
                        I would definately be interested in playing this if you run it again.
                        Seeken

Comment

Got some mods to make to this to try and stabalise the JIP a bit
                          BlackDog1

Comment

Like what? Fast ropes by chance?
                            |TG|Ghost02
                            TG Pathfinder

Comment

Noooooo there are enough script issues without adding more.

No just on the JiP stability, I also need someone to sort out the flag monitor stuff as this has me stumped currently.
                              BlackDog1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...