ArmA 2: 16 km guerilla patrol.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA 2: 16 km guerilla patrol.

Through the magic of ArmA 2's custom mission wizard, you can have all sorts of fun with the game world. I wanted to mess around in a sandbox conflict, so I set up a "get to the destination" mission where myself and my AI partner's spawn point was a large distance away from the objective. I turned up ambient combat to "high".

Long story short, I didn't make it, but only thanks to me constantly diverting my path into the middle of massive firefights. One epic moment had me running across a field of scrub towards some Marines mounted on Humvees firing into a mass of Russian soldiers. I'm a guerilla armed with an RPG-7, so I figured I could assist. One Humvee had a TOW and fired it. FWOOSH! A second later just over the crest of the hill leading towards a town, an unseen Russian armor explodes. Another starts opening up with its autocannon. The Humvees begin to break contact, reversing up the hill. I pause in a small tree stand and order my AI buddy to get down. In the middle of this firefight going on in front of me, I suddenly hear the whumping sound of helicopter rotors.

I turn to see a large Russian transport helicopter armed with rocket pods swooping over the treeline and homing in on the American Humvees. Right on its ass was a friendly CDF Mi-24 attack helicopter blazing away with its 12.7mm cannon. The transport opens up with its rockets and makes a pass on the Humvees, destroying both in huge gouts of flame and dirt. It then arcs to the left and flies off over the tree line, the Mi-24 still in pursuit.

Really awesome moments.

Re: ArmA 2: 16 km guerilla patrol.

Oh my...That's my date tonight!! Custom Mission wizard!
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Same ^^

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

Making missions just for the explosions can be so rewarding. I've set up a few of my own versions of the "1700 AI" video and Just watching all sorts of insanity go on around you can really get exciting.
        I can't wait for the day when technology has caught up enough that I can run this game on max settings with no problem.

Comment

How does ambient combat work? Do you simply place the marker anywhere and it will randomly spawn firefights and such? How do you set it to high?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X