X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Pearl - Aug 2nd 09

Command - BD1
    Armour SL - Grunt
    Alpha - (Dammit cannot remember..my bad!) Whoever it was, did very well, my apologies.
    Bravo - Snake/Kaf

This was a trallic mission that involved two infantry squads Alpha and Bravo, a small armour unit with BMP's and a command element.

The objectives include assasination of generals and village clearance. Supplies shipment destruction and finally service depot destruction.

A very interesting mission where the CO is left to decide how to use and deploy his forces while also having to manage reinforcements as this is a JiP and respawn mission.

I elected to go for the Generals as a target first, supplies second and finally a main assault on the depot.

I wont go into any detail on what was done as I would prefer those from within a squad to recount their experiences from their squads perspectives.

In short we completed the mission and took minimal casualties at each objective and only lost a couple of vehicles.

Thank you to my squad leaders who all did a great job. Thanks to team members who achieved theirs tasks superbly and thanks to Trallic for a great TG mission.

Huge thanks must go to my reinforcement "shuttle" drivers, Miles, Tralic and Nightshade..great work fellas.

Well done all. Remember to recognise your SL's for ribbons nominations and or teammates i you felt they dd their specific tasks well.

Rgds
    BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Operation Pearl - Aug 2nd 09

This was the updated Operation Pearl correct? I played that mission a few days ago and remember there was just piles of enemy infantry all over the place. Some where to the tune of 50-60 just in the village.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

This is Falcon checking in here from the point of view of alpha lead.

I joined about 5mins after the start of the mission, the squads had already deployed so I hitched a ride with PL and got linked up with alpha who had begun to assault the town containing the generals from the east, PL wisely wanted to mass his forces against a dug in reinforced platoons of infantry that held the town so alpha to broke contact and moved to regroup at the assault's starting position. Alpha was to assault the west side of the town while bravo moved up and took the east side. As alpha was beginning our move an enemy Vodnik appeared and began engaging alpha, alpha went firm and returned fire, with FT1 and FT3 pinned only the few people in FT2 (who were leaderless and still getting organized) and I were unengaged. I had and RPG-7 that I picked up at base and I fired that at the Vodnik. The round struck behind the fore gunner destroying the Vodnik. With the Vodnik down Alpha continued our advance along the west side of the MSR into town. When we were about 200m from the edge of town we began engaging scattered infantry contacts in the northwestern part of town where the MSR made a westerly turn. At the same time command wanted us to take a barn on the every southern edge of town that was suspected of housing the rebel generals. While a part of F1 and some of FT2 continued to engage the westerly contacts FT3 and FT1 assaulted and secured the barn killing the VIPís inside.

For the assault on the second objective Alpha was the lead element We disembarked about 500m up the road from the edge of the town. Since the MSR into the town ran in a valley between two steep hills I was particularly concerned about the possibility of the enemy occupying one or both of those hills. As we disembarked I sent FT1 to secure hill 185 the eastern most hill. As FT1 secured 185 FT2 and FT3 advanced up the road towards the edge of town. FT1 secured the top of hill 185 but did not have a good overwatch of the edge of town where FT2 & FT3 would be assaulting. I ordered them to move down the hill until they had good eyes on our first objective in the process of doing this they literally ran into a Vodnik positioned in the woods this they effectively handled with an RPG , meanwhile FT2 & FT3 moved off the MSR onto the foot of hill 185. At this time we spotted enemy infantry contacts of several squads along the MSR. From our positions on hill 185 we were able to engage them effectively, I ordered FT2 down into the valley to take the first objective, a barn along the MSR . They executed this maneuver perfectly and from firm positions were able to direct fire onto squads in the town. At this time additional infantry contacts began to emerge from the town and alpha began taking sporadic casualties FT2 moved to join FT3 and both were then driven from their positions into the hills on the western side of the gorge. At this point I was hit badly in the shoulder by a burst of automatic weapons fire. As regrouped at base I called for armor support for my now fully engaged squad. With both of their flanks secure the armor rolled up and began doing what armor does best.. blowing stuff up. With the route into town reasonably secure I rejoined my squad. As we moved up on the flanks bravo and the armor moved up in the middle. However soon we had a new problem. FT1 f.ound a BTR-90 on the east side of town and FTís 2&3 found a Vodnik with two armor contacts on either side of the MSR the forces attacking up the middle were going to have a very bad day. With much effort a couple casualties from the grenade launcher on the BTR both armor contacts were neutralized. From there bravo and the armor moped up the remaining infantry while alpha secured the docks. With a perimeter in place FT2 set the charges to blow up the enemy supply shipment.

The third and final assault was by far the most brutal alpha began our assault by taking the docks on the northern side of town. Continuing to assault up the coast alpha took sporadic sniper fire from the light house. With several enemy snipers KIA alpha secured the coast and southern side of the MSR leading through the town. At this time command asked alpha to shift north and take hill 37 to cover bravoís assault on the power plant. We shifted across the MSR and took up positions and became heavily engaged with a reinforced platoon of infantry. A intense firefight broke out culminating in a Tunguska raking alphas position. We suffered at least one casualty when FT1ís AR Daniel was ripped in half by the Tunguska. Under intense fire Alpha fell back and regrouped behind the will. Command ordered Alpha to assault into the city to assault south of hill 37. Alpha moved in along the MSR with FT 3 deployed to the left and FT1 and FT2 deployed right. The assault progressed slowly house by house block by block. Eventually FT1 and FT2 deployed south of the MSR as well and FT3 kicked out more to the south. Command ordered our next objective to be the Church in the center of town. Alpha took the church compound FT1 deployed on the SW corner, FT2 on the NE corner and FT3 on the NW corner of the compound. We held these positions against numerous assaults by Russian forces. At one point FT3 was almost completely wiped out when a BTR-90 Grenade round landed in the middle of their position killing three members instantly. FT2 moved up and reoccupied their positions. With the bulk of the enemy forces depleted and with reinforcements to bolster our ranks Alpha finally moved out to sweep through the docks and shipping districts, we engaged scattered infantry forces and meet little resistance the supply depot was found at the western edge of the docks and while alpha secured the perimeter HQ and bravo destroyed the factory complex.

I would like to thank tralic for and awesome mission, Blackdog for his superb leadership and my entire alpha squad who preformed above and beyond the call of duty especially all the fire team leaders. Thank you for a great mission.

Comment

Nice write up Falcon...I should have known it was your voice I was talking to. Great job.
        BlackDog1

Comment

I was Alpha FT1 lead.

Mad thanks to Daniel, Esienstrum(sorry if I misspelled your name) and Aboltus. You guys were an excellent fire team.

Falcon you did an excellent job jumping in to the leader position, getting things organized and keeping the organized threw out the mission. Really good game but I still feel bad for Daniel he seemed to find every stray enemy bullet on the map.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Originally posted by blackmain View Post
            I was Alpha FT1 lead.

Mad thanks to Daniel, Esienstrum(sorry if I misspelled your name) and Aboltus. You guys were an excellent fire team.

Falcon you did an excellent job jumping in to the leader position, getting things organized and keeping the organized threw out the mission. Really good game but I still feel bad for Daniel he seemed to find every stray enemy bullet on the map.
            I was Aboltus: Assault Rifle Man in FT1 under blackmain command, very nice long mission, many thx for thouse who kept it organize, SL and Commander, next time Daniel have to make shur he get nice bullet proof gear ;), thx gor the game...

Comment

Yep it was quite funny to hear "transport needed at base...".... "Dan is that you again back at base?"... ;)

USE YOUR COVER SIR! Remember..the head that sticks up, is the head that gets shot first! ;)
              BlackDog1

Comment

As I was rejoining and spawning in the mission after crashing out there was an enemy marksman IN OUR FOB just running past me after taking out some AFK person that was standing there. Needless to say I shot him promptly after triple checking to make sure he was an enemy (lol). I don't know if that was scripted in the mission or not.

Comment

lol are you sure Nner it isn't part of the mission, he must of run from one of the towns you guys were attacking.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X