Helo training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helo training

Had some nice ops on Sat. Aug 22nd. While I was piloting UH-1 cs: 12F. We were heading towards the LZ, I 1st tried to get into a formation with the other helo, but he was everywhere. So I turned towards the LZ and started to nap the earth. Then the other helo crashed into us from above..... wiping out both helos and 2 sections that were onboard each helo.

What I think we need is some missions set on the other server just for training and a set day, such as maybe thursday nights:

Section movements, tactics such as flankings, basic section attacks

driver training for 1st person locked missions to co-ordinate between driver, gunner and commander.

pilot training, flying in formation, nap the earth, cold LZ and hot LZ landings. Section boarding and exiting helo drills.

Yes I know for some it will be boring, but tough. the more you work as a team in training, the more successful ops will result. The more successful the ops, the more fun the troops will have kicking butt.
    Retired Canadian Forces Infantry. Lorne Scots, 1st CDN Inf Div.
    MORTAR PL FTW

Re: Helo training

Your words have been something that has been passed around probably once every month. As we are ramping up our TGU classes with basic infantry being the focus as to get all the new players up to speed with ArmA2 and understanding how to survive, basic navigation skills, and basic infantry movement... advanced training has been difficult in the area of armor and aviation.

The issue comes down to people showing interest in wanting to lead training sessions. We have some very good pilots and im sure that those who read this would show interest in getting together for training sessions. The nice thing is that as time progresses with sunday events or even during the day, certain individuals will be intrusted as pilots without being asked to do so.

It's been considered that a TG training mission be developed and that on the off weekends a training session would be held during the day where individuals could coordinate together to join up for a specific training such as flying.

People need to show interest in wanting to train. It's available but the community needs to show interest. Like i said, ArmA2 TGU classes are taking off and we will keep them coming and developing them.

What i suggest for you Ish' is to make a post looking for people who want to work on flight training like you mentioned and i garanutee you people will come and show interest. Here at TG ArmA, the community progresses when and where people show interest and look to improve gameplay here. The more and more people who show interest in wanting to have training sessions the more likely it will occur and probably become more common.

I am with you that for some training looks boring but for myself i am always looking at improving my abilities and working out the cobwebs.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I am fairly confident in my flying ability and would be willing to do the training

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
      The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Originally posted by Ishkode View Post
        Yes I know for some it will be boring, but tough. the more you work as a team in training, the more successful ops will result. The more successful the ops, the more fun the troops will have kicking butt.
        I like training! I always have a blast.
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X