Falcon's Patrol Mission 9/22/09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon's Patrol Mission 9/22/09

That had to be some of the best squad level play I have seen in awhile. Lowspeed and Donegal did an amazing job moving the fire teams around especially with the bounding/traveling over watches.

Best part of the mission for me was when we had finished the Charlie objective and we were engaging a squad from the north. Then we got flanked from the east and I believe both fire team leaders were hit. But we kept things together got the wounded into cover and got them both patched up.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Re: Falcon's Patrol Mission 9/22/09

I said I'd taken a boatload of screenshots, and by Jove I did. About 300 by the looks of it. You can see them all here and here, among shots from other, ahh, "operations".

This was a night mission with no NVGs (and much better for that), so the screenshots aren't that amazing, but there was still a fair amount of moonlight. A few picks from the mission in question (click all of them for larger versions):

Fireteams setting off for objective Alpha

Covering our flanks at objective Bravo while the leaders decide what to do

Leaders and Fireteam 2 doing their thing

While approaching objective Charlie across a thin strip of forest... boom, contacts!

Command didn't enjoy the little encounters in the forest, we make our way back to objective Bravo under a starry sky to approach a compound further down the road and take Charlie from there

Scouting an open field that stood between us and the compound

As we approach the walled compound, everything is quiet

After coming to the conclusion the compound was clear (apart from an enemy squad standing in the woods 50m from us who never saw us), we bound across the fields to a clump of rocks, where I spotted several squads loitering by the treeline

A friendly UFO lights the way as we approach the near edge of objective Charlie, another group of buildings

Objective Charlie cleared, time to go home...

Or is it? An enemy squad leaves the treeline and starts getting too close for comfort, we take them out.

As soon as that fight is over another squad engages us from the way we came, I believe it was at this point Frank died. Our SL got hit; our automatic rifleman covers as the corpsman works on getting him to safety

Our corpsman tends to the wounded SL, Donegal. (Yeah, wasn't very clever standing in that position to take the shot with the enemy around the corner, heh)

From there it was pretty smooth sailing back home as everyone was patched up, we ran into a couple of wrecked watchtowers in the woods which made people a bit jittery.

Using a lot of bounding and traveling overwatch we made our way home...

And we're home! Mission is a success with only one casualty.

That was a lot of images, hope it's okay, I can always paste it somewhere else if it's not.

Comment

One thing to correct Frank died when we got into that ambush in the woods on our first approach to the charlie objective and 3 seconds after he got killed I got wounded.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Hey, what's the command to take screenies?

Comment

Guess that'd be dependent on which program he used. I personaly use FRAPS and designate a key for that.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Those were taken using Fraps. I don't think there'll be any more screenshots from me, though, as it seems to have a very noticeable impact on performance and I don't run it anymore. There might be some other application out there that doesn't have the same problem.

Also, it seems Microsoft thought it was a good idea to assign some obscure Windows feature to every dead key on the keyboard, which had me shoot off a round when I didn't mean to when I was holding Alt for freelook + Shift for walking speed + Print Screen for Fraps to take a shot and Windows thought I wanted to turn on "High Contrast Mode".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X