Storm Chaser: 13 OCT 09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm Chaser: 13 OCT 09

Post your AARs here. It was a fantastic play-through.

I was the Mi-8 pilot, so my time on the mission was basically 1h, 44m of shuttling the grunts from the OPFOR airfield to the front. I wrecked our first chopper shortly into the mission when I clipped a lightpole landing near Berezino. Luckily I was the only one inside.

Second mishap was a bit later when the laptop in Berezino was obtained by Scope. I began my landing near Novy Sobor when a .50 cal emplacement knocked my tail rotor out. I managed to auto-rotate it to the ground and then joined Chief and his crew in clearing the town and popped two CDF soldiers. Ovets drove a repair truck all the way up from the airfield to provide repairs (much appreciated) and I then spent the remainder of the mission dropping grunts off at Stary (since Novy had the possibility of an AA threat).

Props to everyone involved in the mission for making it great fun. The roleplay over Global chat between Scope (Tesla), Barnes (US Marines), and EvertonRock (OPFOR command) was great to listen/read.

Re: Storm Chaser: 13 OCT 09

TO: [email protected]
    SUBJECT: Posthumous Report

The final actions and words of Dr. Nicolai Tesla were recorded by Tesla himself, and I am now relaying them to the scientific community. What follows is a step-by-step recording of the doctor up until moments before his death:

"
    It was with a clear sky and heavy conscience that I pack my belongings into my trusty car and, with the assistance of my loyal CDF bodyguards, am off to Berezino to end this madness and defect to the north. According to Merritt, my chief security officer, we are heading north along a dirt road to confuse the enemy, as they surely have spies and sympathizers within the borders of each village.
    "

"
    The US of A has made contact with us. It is a cruel irony that, with all the West's advanced technology, they are forced to communicate with us over open radio frequencies. The leader, a man of unknown rank by the name of Bauer, has advised us to hold short of Berezino. Although he gave no indication as to why, or how long, we were to hold, we have heard explosions and gunfire in the distance. Reluctantly, Merritt has directed us into a forest south of the town where his men may observe the city while keeping me protected. Word has reached us that NAPA terrorists in the region have sided with the Russians in these matters. Their stereotypical cowardice does not surprise me.
    "

"
    We moved into the city after the noises of violence settled over Berezino like an ugly blanket. It was a poor move. NAPA and Russian forces had blown the once beautiful city to rubble, and there was no sign of CDF forces remaining alive. Driving into the parking lot of the destroyed hospital, I was shot at for the first time in years, Kalashnikova rounds tumbling through my VAZ like sparks through paper. Mills and Tiggr quickly dealt with the insurgents, but we became separated inside the city. I managed to loot an Avtomat from a Defense Force corpse.

Although the hospital had been blown to ruins, my laptop was secured on its perimeter. An ambush had been prepared, and I was forced to dispatch several armed guerrillas myself. With blood on my hands, I purged the data from the laptop and took up hiding in a shed on the outskirts of the city.

From my hiding place, I overheard Russian commands to barricade both Berezino and Novy Sobor, them no doubt having come across my plans earlier. Soon after, my security detail arrived and led me to a forest to the north, where I have been staying in wait ever since. It is cold, but even the fires in that now-forsaken city burned as ice burns.
    "

"
    After a confusing communicade from Barnes, a new Marine contact, we managed to rendezvous with our American allies at a gas station. Although our strategy is unclear, this Barnes has separated by security unit to lure the enemy south as I am taken to a safehouse near Dubrovka. I fear for Merritt and his men, but their efforts will not be in vain.
    "

"
    The decoy worked! I have safely rendezvoused with my men at Lemoy Khrebet, a mountain overlooking my hometown of Novy Sobor. Fighting is ongoing throughout the town, and explosions rock the ground every few minutes. I am worried, but Barnes assures me his men can handle whatever ambush the ChDKZ throw at us. It appears that here, too, the CDF have been decimated.
    "

"
    It is with my last breaths that I must confess I was foolhardy to believe I could walk out of Chernarus so easily. A country this crooked has no room for defectors, and so it is that with a Russian bullet lodged in my chest I fail my homeland and its allies. I have ordered the men around me to retreat, but they continue to fight for me. It grows dim now...
    "

Comment

This one was one of my favorite missions in a while, especially with everyone role playing their allotted roles. Thanks for the amazing fun gents.
      Last edited by Extinct; 10-13-2009, 06:55 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

thanks guys... this was fun... sorry about this disconnect partially through GPU was @ 95 degress C and thought it was time to give it a break.

that mission is something that needs some time to plan but i loved it all..... thanks to my bluefor counterparts that helped me along the way!!! i couldnt have done it without them

thanks for the immersive mission to all!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I acted as lead bodyguard for the Doctor in this mission. I had my team of bodyguards to assist me and Dr. Tesla through our engagements, achievements, and our inevitable failures. My active teammates consisted of Sir Mills and Tggr. Armed with our trusty rifles, we set out on our story.

Dr. Tesla informed me of our first destination, Brezino.(if misspelled, you will survive.) With the assistance of my team and Dr. Tesla, we determined the safest route would be north out of Elec, using civilian vehicles. Sir Mills and I took a car and Dr. Tesla and Tggr followed in another some meters back.

Our start was peaceful with no interruptions or engagements as we sped through towns, alerting everyone of our presence. Soon, though, as we began to get close to Brezino, we decided that it would be best to wait until our Blufor counter parts had readily secured the city. I chose a nice piece of wooded area located to the south west of the city and had my men secure a perimeter. I had a view of the city through the woods with my binoculars, noticing nothing out of the ordinary. Gunshots, though, rang through the air in the distance, telling of a battle going on beyond my viewing capabilities.

Time passed by and we decided we had waited long enough, so we jumped in our cars and tore through the country side to the road south of the city...our first mistake. We were relying on our Blufor counterparts to have secured a safezone for us, but they had not and we drove in on a terrorist shooting gallery.

I was first in the city with Sir Mills. Bullets riddled our vehicle and fearing for Dr. Tesla behind us, I prepared to exit and return fire, only to be shot down in the car. The next minute or so passed by in a haze.

The next thing I know is that I am to the south of Brezino with Tggr and Sir Mills. We quickly mounted a new vehicle and wasted no time racing back. Dr. Tesla informed us that he was pinned down with Opfor forces closing in on his position. We desperately tried to reach his position, until Tggr and I were dispatched once again, leaving Sir Mills to fight his way through the bullets and haze, RPG's and debris, to Dr. Tesla's side. It only took moments before Tggr and I were able to mount another assault on the city and rescue Tesla from his certain death.

Sir Mills and Tggr were able to secure a ride for the Doctor and quickly rushed him from the town as I ran through the streets yelling Russian gibberish and randomly firing my weapon in the air. I, myself, then secured a car and rushed to the east to disrupt any Opfor counter-attack. I found myself in a small town, where I found the nearest spy and kicked him in the shins. Dr. Tesla requested I join him and my men in the woods to the north east, so again, I kicked it into a low gear and offroaded it through the woods. I eventually ran out of gas and ran the rest of the way.

Upon meeting with Tesla, the Blufor team contacted us via open radio, and requested us to meet him at a near by gas station. We agreed and Mills and I once again set out to scout a safe route. Soon though, we were located just to the east of the gas station and I had visual confirmation of Blufor's forces. Blufor's leader attempted to reach Tesla over open radio, but Tesla was out tending to some...thing...so I responded to Blufor to inform them of this, only to be rudely talked down to. Dr. Tesla, fortunately returned shortly after and came into contact with Blufor. At this point, one of my men, received fire from an unknown assailant. We never did find who fired at him. Regardless we met up with Bluefor and I took a team to secure the area.

Tesla and Blufor quickly came up with a plan and were off again to find a safe avenue of travel as I took a team of Marines and we headed west. We attempted to disrupt any attempt of Opfor to locate the Doctor by driving and harassing spies. Dr. Tesla, though, was coming up with a plan and required me and my marine counterparts to meet up with him to the east of Novy Sobar on top of a wooded hill. At this point my team and some marines made several attempts to clear Novy and secure transportation out of the city.

Need-less-to-say, my next failure came quickly. We misjudged the organization of the terrorist and were met with heavy resistance at Novy, where a number of my men and some of Blufor's men fell. In my attempt to spot any near by enemies, Dr. Tesla had moved from me, and I lost him. I was unable to locate him by the time he was met by enemy fire. Doctor Tesla, you live on as the Resistance leader you were in spirit and in mind. Your name brings motivation to everyone, tired of being oppressed by the terrorists regime. We will fear them no longer, for our bullets speak your name.

*Thank you to everyone who participated in this mission. It was by far the most fun that I have had playing this game. I also thank TacticalGamer for providing a server that runs as great as it does, and for the command structure, enforced by great admins such as Gill, that keep the game organized, structured, and technical. It's great fun guys and I enjoy every minute of it. I will surely continue to see you guys more often. Thank you.*

Comment

Dang, all these AAR's of this mission just make me want to play this and only this on the server :). Argh why do I have to study for tests!
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X