Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IA Drang: 10282009

Ia Drang: 2100 hrs
    Operation: Recon, Hold, and Eliminate at all cost LZ X-Ray. Enemy Hostile Threats Waging Terrorist Attacks on the LZ without regard to human life. They Must protect their homeland at all cost!

a first hand account....

SITREP: Had been in the outskirts of target LZ over 45 minutes now...Briefing was finally over and orders were issued...

As lead pilot took to air to land Recon headed at LZ- Whiskey, the remaing flight crew, Call Sign Dust-Off, spooled their roters two mics later and proceded to LZ Whiskey. as communications happen, comms were lost to the Dust-Off Actual, somehow by the grace of the man upsairs, my fellow soliders made it to the lz....alive!

as orders were issued, the brave leaders from alpha company, bravo company, and charley company dug in and prepared for the fight that would write history. As the weapons squad deployed the mg nest to aid with protection of their fellow men, there were under the watchful eye of the 303rd Special Activities Division, known in the Tactical Gamer Community simply as Special Warfare Operations Rapid Deployment Group, or S.W.O.R.D. (cheesey IHS plug...) recon unit, stationed an in observation posistion three-quarters of a click North-North East of LZ X-Ray.

Orders received 20 minutes ago: Hold fast and direct fire adivised from Recon, Sqad lead's Steal Rain as at your disposal, destroy enemey with extrem predjudace... was what was being passed down the line..... war is eminante.

Six clicks away. I am Command Sergeant Major Jack Bauer |TG-303|, TG SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND and I just issued a "Weapons ready" check to my men. Time to kick ass!!!

Static burst... "STEEL RAIN, THIS IS Recon, REQUEST FIREMISSION, OVER!"

Static burst... "Alpha 3 has squad strength force in sight..."

Static burst... "STEEL RAIN, TEN FIGURE GRID 024114 025115, ENEMY INFANTRY SPREAD 50 METERS, REQUEST SUPPRESSION, HOW COPY!?!?"

I broadcast the rules of engagement are now green... I take a deep breath, waiting for the slpash to come... Wait! The patrol has stopped, do they see my men??? the patrol is moving to enage alpha's location along the woodline... I'm holding my breath knowing that the men i put in charge of this mission will succed...

Static burst... "ALPHA ACTUAL, GO FOR DUST-OFF FLIGHT."

Static burst... "DUST-OFF, TARGET GRID 020114 135115, 10 TIMES ENEMY TROUPS REQUEST CAS ON TARGET, HOW COPY?"
    Static burst... "DUST-OFF 1-3 ROGER, SOUTH-EAST, IN-BOUND NOW, ETA 1 MIC."

my pulse begins to rise and a mist begins to form on my brow... for this my firend is war.... and im a Tactical Gamer solider, I DO NOT LOSE!!!!

Home to the finest mission team on the internet, Kicking ass by TEAMPLAY since 1996..... thanks to all who made my first time commanding this mission one that made one of the finest moments for myself here at TG..... THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH

right now this is the info that i have, SL's of that mission i would love for you to PM me or post here if you remember teams so they can be included in the ribbons.

recce team:dazed, nobody, miles, striker, adi
    Alpha Team lead: Dongel
    Bravo Team Lead: poopfusion?
    Charley team lead: ?
    Dust off: Lowspeed and someone else
    Steal Rain:
    Weapons: ?
    please help me fill in as everyone that mission deserves one.
    Last edited by Jack Bauer; 10-28-2009, 03:56 AM. Reason: updated AAR

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: IA Drang: 10282009

I was Charlie Lead.

As Charlie, watching the south we only saw limited combat. When we did take fire we met it with overwhelming fire superiority. I personally came under fire while lighting illum fires near the tree line and my squad of first-timers called out to me and lit up the hostiles as I hugged the dirt.

All in all we did great. We didn't loose a single man to hostile fire.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I enjoyed every minute of that mission guys! Thanks for the wonderful experience and team work.
      Air-Mech-Strike 3D Maneuver Warfare

"What matters in war is VICTORY, not prolonged operations, however brilliantly executed."
      -Sun Tzu

Comment

Well done to all.
        Enjoyed the game/mission with full server on Ia Drang.
        I want to take this chance to thank the guys that chose to fly as Dustoffs for their patience and their maturity. You guys did well even without any original orders or command structure at the start of the game.
        Or even when the helicopters somehow found its way into the "Burmuda triangle"

Personally, for me the 3rd/4th CAS call with Smoke was thoroughly enjoyed.

Looking forward to another game with you all.

Original Dustoffs;
        Dustoff1-1 = TejayAW (disconnect)/ UK (JIP)
        Dustoff1-2 = Banshee
        Dustoff1-3 = Lowspeedhighdrag
        Dustoff1-4 = Nyax (JIP)
        Dustoff1-5 = K.XXX (do not remember)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

UPDATED!! :) PLEASE ADD TOO

my happy but stayed at main the whole time, would love too here from others on the battlefield on how it went.... didn't want to micro-mange too much

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

This seems to have become the defining mission here at TG. It really tests leadership and ability to manage arty, air, and the ground forces. This mission should become the standard leadership training mission for TG :)

Hell of a job to the mission makers and good AAR Jack.
            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Given that at least 70% of ground forces seemed to be new players I think it went fantastically well.

Comment

All it takes is patience and the idea of knowing that if you put the effort in to making the mission go well and teaching the new players something, that they will go the extra mile to do their best to make it a good time for the rest of us.

Excellent job guys.

Spartan 4

Comment

i think that is why this is lingering in my mind so much.... a fantastic mission created by our very own, but like Hot said... the majority of the player base last night was complete pub play. i tired to get on the comms early and not necessarily hold their hand but give them updates while the briefing was going on.

i think for the most part it went awesome and showed another angle for our Arma community. Viper your right.... this is not the easiest mission to command, at one point all SL's and arty were on comms at once, i had lost comms with arty for roughly ten minutes and we still manged a win..... thanks again for a hell of a mission.

Comment

I just wanna tell how great it felt yesterday's mission. Reminded me how I used to play Delta Force Land Warrior along with my clan back in the days... but with the organization taken to a very pleasent extreme. I hope I will join you guys many more times to come.

I am still just a rookie to arma II and to this height of realism in a game, I thank all of the veterans for your patience and iniciative to level all of us up.

Comment

We are all folks just wanting to play the game right.

Spartan 4

Comment

Sounds like you guys had a good time. Ia Drang is the hardest mission TG has, and to play it with 70% pubs sounds like a challenge. Good job. Very good job.

ALL NEW PEOPLE:
                        I encourage you to join the community for Arma basic infantry, it is NOT mandatory.
                        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...try-class.html
                        |TG|Ghost02
                        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I am here today because of this mission. I had a blast, despite being in Charlie which only saw moderate action. (Thanks again Spyder for taking lead of that one)

And I most definately hope to see you guys for a repeat performance ;)

Comment

hellow and thanks to the new people for signing up to TG..... youll never leave!!!!

make sure everyone who was in this helps me out.... i have a ribbon nomination STORY!!!!

but i cant finish it without the names of people..... (to many drugs early in life) i have a horrible memory so please help your CO out :)

Comment

Hey TG!

Last Night was the first time playing with you guys, and I must say it was quite a JoY!(Even though I was in Charlie guarding the south watching everyone else have all the fun ;) ) It was almost fate because I haven't touched ARAM2 in months, decided to play, joined your server and now I am hooked. I can't wait to play with you guys again. I really like the professionalism I saw with all the TG guys. Even most the pub guys as well. I did have one knuckle head in my fireteam but all in all was a blast! You'll definitely see me around more.

Hoo-Yah!

Hattori

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...