Friday Nov 6th 3am EST Operation Hammer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Nov 6th 3am EST Operation Hammer

Folks who have played Operation Hammer know it is unwinnable.

I believe LowSpeed made this mission, where up to 8 Spez soldiers using weird Russian weapons HALO into a *heavily* fortified position to destroy to AA positions.

It's at night, but all the enemies have NVGs. Enemy Infantry walk in random patrols. The objectives are in the center of large clearings with no good way to approach. There are multiple MG nests pointed in every conceivable direction. Just to make it totally ridiculous, there is even an Avenger that will immediately focus it's weapons at ground targets, like a 360 degree bundle of evil death.

But no.

It has been beaten. Led by Mitchkov in the early morning hours with only a handful of people, two of which (including myself) died almost instantly during the first encounter, the remaining team members chewed up the first enemy position, captured the Avenger, used it to destroy the second objective before demo'ing it and screaming past an angry outpost to exfil and go safely home.

I feel honored to have been a crow and watched this insanely cool series of events unfold. Good job to the team:

Mitchkov
    LqSnake
    NightWarp
    Longtime (deceased)
    MrDrunk (deceased)

Re: Friday Nov 6th 3am EST Operation Hammer

I too was honored to be present for the completion of this mission. Having been slaughtered here countless times in the past, it was nice to show those capitalist pigs who's boss!

We started by having an unusually successful HALO drop. I believe only one player landed outside the Drop Zone, and he was actually closer to the rally point than we were. Upon reaching our designated positions, the ambush was initiated with RPG fire on an enemy Avenger by longtime. Reports indicate the weapon system malfunctioned causing it to miss it's target ;) (had the avenger been destroyed, it would have likely resulted in a complete mission failure).

The errant rocket attack commenced a brief firefight. Nightwarp, Lq Snake, and Mr Drunk engaged multiple enemy infantry patrols while I overran an enemy bunker and turned its machine gun on the men it had been placed to protect, neutralizing the occupants of the enemy Avenger and firing on other enemy forces. When the dust had settled, an eerie calm fell over the outpost and we found we had not prevailed unscathed, for a comrade had fallen (Longtime). However, there was no time for grieving as we still had multiple objectives requiring completion.

I believe it was nightwarp who risked life and limb to place a satchel charge on the radio tower, and upon him returning to our location we came under enemy fire from behind. A few bursts of machine gun fire and multiple grenades later, the attackers were dealt with. Alas, another friend had fallen (Mr Drunk).

At this time we decided to commandeer the enemy Avenger, and not a moment too soon. An enemy patrol appeared from the woods to our north and were cut down where they stood. We then proceeded to the secondary objective and encountered several enemy soldiers fleeing the area. Not taking a liking to cowardice, they were engaged and destroyed. Shortly thereafter, the second enemy Avenger was destroyed with stinger missiles form the commandeered vehicle. After clearing the remaining troops, we found an empty M240 Humvee and transferred into that, leaving explosives in the stolen Avenger. We then headed for the main road and ex-filtration, enjoying a satchel detonation in our rear-view mirror.

On our way to the extraction area, we encountered a region with unknown activity along the main road. As we eased into view, we noticed an enemy Humvee and neutralized the gunner and driver. As we sped through the town (hoping it to be clear) we were engaged by machine gun fire and what was believed to be a LAV. It being too late to turn back now, I put the pedal to the floorboard and we flew through town exchanging fire and somehow avoiding certain death. We broke off the main road and through a clearing, opting to stay in our vehicle to push through the forest before the enemy could catch up.

Without looking back, we jumped out of the stolen Humvee as it slid to a stop, hopped in our rubber dinghies and sped towards the extraction zone. Upon eying our watches, we then realized we had completed all objectives with time to spare.

Although I was unable to capture any screens of the mission itself, we did get this of the end screen to confirm completion.
    Last edited by MitchKov; 11-06-2009, 07:55 AM. Reason: URL

Comment

wow! so many times ive been wasted on this mission.. after 3 or 4 tries tonight, the night crew with only 5 players did it wow!

I was the marksmen, using a VSS..
      We regrouped on the beach, the SD operator, MitchKov I think, shot the north bunker operator overlookin the camp, i snuck around farther around the tent, shot the other bunker out west, we both used the bunkers to lay waste to the enemy camp with m240 and grenades.. no sadly it wasnt me who laid the charge, i was doing cover fire and denying the enemy vehicules.. after the satchel did the job, we came under grenades attacks.. i quicklie packed a few grenades and one satchel from the enemy ammo box, and then we move to the avenger..

After rollin to the avenger site.. i was ordered to do a recon around.. and then encountered fleeing enemy units.. who were promptly shot in the back by my VSS like the cowardly dogs they are, our friendlies avenger then unleashed hell on the enemy vehicle group, the few remaining soldier were not wearing NVG and were shot point blank, we switched humve and satchel trap the avenger one.. who blew up beautifully...after the mission complete screen message rolled we were all cheering and happy.. then realized.. we had to make it to the exfil location.. we took the route leading to an yellow ? point on the map.... a small village.. we spotted an m240/m2 humve, with quick aim from my own m240, took out its gunner and i think a soldier next to it.. our hummvee then floored the pedal and we raced thru the village.. then.. louder.. heavy caliber rounds started to fly around, i kept continues fire at the location of the muzzles flashes as we escape, once we turned away and look at the map.. it had spot an LAV 25!.. that thing had hit us we would have been smoked! we gunned it to the beach, quickly hop in the boats and sped sway to the mother land!

woah.. that was an intense mission.. to Mitchkov, LqSnake, Longtime, MrDrunk, GREAT work guys, being an honour :)

Comment

For the record, THAT time my RPG18 DID hit... um, something.

I actually saw the explosion directly on the Avenger, which is why I stood there in the open staring at it (wondering why it wasn't destroyed) when the MG nest opened up on me...

I'm fairly certain is was my diversion-death that was crucial to the mission's success.

:D

Comment

Wish I could've taken screenshots of the heroic battle that we had against the AMERICANS (saying it with a heavy russian accent)! Great leadership from Mitchkov on this one! And, of course, outstanding teamplay from the squad members! It was fun

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Good to hear that you guys beat it. I was wondering when the die hard late night players would. haha Guess I need to make part II of it. *evil laugh*

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
              Good to hear that you guys beat it. I was wondering when the die hard late night players would. haha Guess I need to make part II of it. *evil laugh*

oh god.. now im actually afraid.. lol.. but love challenge!

Comment

The late night crew can take on anything lowspeed throws at us with NO PROBLEMO! ;)

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X