• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 Oct, Morning Star part 2

Commander: Scope

Longbow: Avnir

Crazy: Hotmachina then.. ?

Amber Squad:
    FT1: Mkoll(SL), Marc then Boon then Jessup(Medic), Vigil(At-SMAW/Demo), Spade then Arthur(Gren)
    FT2: Jorge(FTL/AT - JAV), Inkomp(AT - JAV), $krue(riflemen), Chechen Commander(MG)

I apologize in advance for all the stuff I forgot.

All and all an amazing game with some of the best coordination I have ever seen. Scope's over all plan was to keep the squads in the field as much as possible using the humvees and trucks as mobile ammo catches. We began the operation by each squad loading up our respective humvees with ammo and securing Zelen. I was expecting it to take the usual 20 minutes to load all the humvees with ammo and get everyone in their squads humvees but no it only took 5 minutes to get everything ready and in order. Amber quickly deployed to the south side of Zelen securing it and awaiting further orders.

After getting the briefing from Scope about our assault on the radar objective we mounted back up and headed to the south side of the objective. We moved quickly with FT1 on point to the dirt road to our east which we followed toward the objective. About 100 meters from the objective we were engaged by a Spetznaz patrol to our east. FT2 provided cover while FT1 moved into flanking position but before FT1 could begin its assault we were also engaged from the west by another patrol. So FT1 started to fall back to FT2's position and form a 360 degree perimeter. While FT1 was falling back I was killed by a nade that hit a leaf and bounced back. I gave jorge command of the squad till I could get back to the squad. He quickly rallied the remaining members of the squad but was soon engaged by a BTR-90 from the east. I ordered him to move the west and get out of the BTR-90s visual range. He was able disengage from the BTR-90 with no casualties. Around this time Marc disconnected and Boon joined in as medic. While Myself and Boon were waiting for transport back at base Crazy squad had begun their assault on the radar dish. They came under heavy fire and I order jorge to move the men in the field north to the objective so they could flank the enemy. By the time I arrived at the objective Jorge had already breached and cleared the objective and had vigil planting explosives. At the objective we met up with the remainder of Crazy squad and destroyed the objective.

While Inkomp and Jergo retrieved our Squads humvees and resupplied the squad, Scope briefed the SLs on our next objective. Once the briefing was over Amber moved southeast to our point on the firing line and got our Jav and SMAW gunners into position. Scope cleared us to fire. The Jav took out a tung while the SMAW targeted a BTR-90 while the Jav was reloading. After it reloaded the JAV engaged and destroyed the second tung. Once the second tung was destroyed and our objective complete we fell back toward the radar dish to regroup. Once regroup all squads RTB'd for rearm.

Our final objective was to be an assault on a town that was being held by a armor platoon. After rearming and being briefed Amber squad moved out to our disembark point south of the town. We moved to our recon point but since our visibility was poor the squad split. FT1 moved into the sothern part of town and took cover in a barn while FT2 moved west to Crazy squads position which had a good view of the town. The attack began with the Javs firing and hitting one of the T-90s. While Vigil engaged a T-90 to the east of town. While FT1 advanced down the main road in town a Vigil engaged a T-90 that came into view. After he eliminated my sound went... HHEERRRRPPAA DDEEERRPPPAAA and stopped. For some reason Scope had to leave as well and left me in charge with no sound or mic. Fortunately the assault was already heavily in our favor and each squad knew what it was doing. We quickly swept through the town eliminating all resistance in under 5 minutes. Which made me really sad because I was seeing so much action but couldn't hear any of it.

Thanks to everyone for one hell of a mission.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Re: 11 Oct, Morning Star part 2

Yeah, that was an awesome mission and on Bravo server to boot! We had some quite fresh pubbies with us, but all (at least in Amber) were very patient and disciplined and I must say our squad performed near perfectly. Good squad and fire team coherency, in general quite good dispersion between soldiers, good 360 coverage (aside from the first Spetsnaz ambush on us I think we managed to stay aware of our surroundings really well, and at worst noticed the enemy at the same time as they noticed us).

I guess the biggest complaint I have about Amber was being a bit slow on fallbacks, but that's about it :P

Really nice when we moved up to save Crazy, and due to my posture I didn't really see the two NSV machine guns, but vigil being fairly close behind had sharp eyes. I was really happy with that assault actually, since I could keep my eyes on the gate and even playing with several I don't really know well I was comfortable with covering only one arc and leaving the rest to the others.

Thanks for a mission totally exceeding my initial expectations!

Comment

I have pics from this, I would like to see other guys start taking pics with AARs, It really helps make it a great story for those not there, look how good the AAR was for the sunday event. I will post them later, I am on my laptop and they are on the game rig

Comment

I'm too busy playing to take screenshots! :P

Comment

I was amazed at the cohesiveness and reaction times of each squad during that mission -- not only was everyone deployed and ready in an extremely reasonable time, but the taking of the radar objective was disturbingly quiet and quick: aside from casualty reports, I heard maybe 3 things directed at me before the area was completely secured.

The same goes for the second objective (where, due to outstanding target support, I actually had to insist squads evac from the area instead of killing everything!), and the third, although I was unfortunately unable to witness the conclusion. Great job, everyone!

Comment

It was a fun mission and everyone on Amber squad did a great job, with Mkoll at the lead, Inkompetent at he's regular high performance, and vigil... he just haves the best awareness I've ever seen in ArmA!!

As Inkompetent said, it was really great to have non regulars with us that showed a great amount of patience and compatibility. I really hope they find their way to the forums.

PS: Who's Jergo blackmain? :)
            sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Thats you Jorge but with my own horrible spelling added into the mix.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
                I'm too busy playing to take screenshots! :P
                boon is always dead so he can take screens. It sounds like this mission went well. I am amazed to see good gaming on Bravo. Maybe things are starting to get a little better for the TG Alumni :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X