Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat 21 NOV 2009/ IA Drang

To: COL. Boondocksaint/7th CAV

Mission: Secure LZ x-ray and defend until intel can confirm LOC of enemy base.
    Means: Insert via Helo at LZ x-ray
    ROE: All forces must follow local vietnam LOAC
    AI difficulty: Super
    Order of Battle:

Non COMS:
    Battalion Surgeon: Capt. DOOBS

Combatants:
    Alpha sq: 2 LT Headshot
    Bravo sq. 2 LT Miles Teg
    Whiskey: 2 LT Scope
    Anglel 1: Capt. H3killa
    Angel 2: 1LT Reaper
    Angel 3: 1LT Impulse 9
    SteeleRain: SGM Mkoll

TO: Pacific Command/Saigon

Mission Status: Complete
    ACE: 7th CAV returned home less: 2 Helos, 22 KIA, 55 Wounded, Ammo and DFP's left at LZ x-ray

Commander's notes:

I just want to thank all of the guys who helped me tonight. Commanding IA drang is not easy, we hit the LZ and set up the quickest I ever seen. If I yelled at you sorry, nothing personal but I was in the zone, and it was loud. Thankyou to Alpha and Bravo leads for securing the flanks and doing the heavy load. Thankyou to Whiskey your MG and Motors saved us alot of times. Thank you to all air units for bringing us ammo, JIP's and the respawns. I know I asked you guys to land in the hot LZ's very well done. And big ups to my Lone medic Doobs. He was the only medic for the battalion in the begining. Steelerain did a fantastic job killing fools and keeping the vietcong at bay, they kept the sky lit and the trees burning. Thanks again to all of you guys and all of my grunts who are mentioned by name. You all followed your orders to a tee. Probably my most fun mission yet.

Boondocksaint, 353rd SOG
    Commander

Re: Sat 21 NOV 2009/ IA Drang

I enjoyed it, first time playing in a while. You did well :)

Comment

Yeah I am still somewhat surprised we managed to pull it all off. I hope someone got some fraps of all the hell the mortars and steel rain dropped on the enemy.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Great experience playing with TacticalGamer! Ia Drang was my first organized ArmA2 experience, and I must say it was beyond satisfying. I look forward to playing with you guys again!

Oh, and if someone DOES have pics upp'd covering that arty and CAS, that would be great.

Comment

Well I to be honest am not that suprised, I was very sceptical in the begining, we had some problems early lol, but good team leaders and good team members always make the parts come together.

Comment

but did you do as well as me boon? thats the question! I wish i could have been there to see you rockin as CO. Maybe next time.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

With the addition of the RH M16/m4 weapons pack, it would be nice to see Nthamma replace all the weapons with the authentic m16's that are full auto. it would spice it up even more.
              FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

A favorite moment of mine was sometime in the middle of the mission, when I ordered my mortars to fire on a cluster of tangos that one of the line companies couldn't suppress. At the time, direct comms on the ground was what Ia Drank is famous for -- loud, chaotic -- but I distinctly heard someone (Miles?) shout out "Who in the bloody hell put smoke on our targets?!". Only moments later, I heard a grunt call "Sir, those targets are now on fire, over".

"Good effect on target, mortar team. Command out".

Comment

I heard that over command. I think I may have scared someone in my helo with the laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
                    With the addition of the RH M16/m4 weapons pack, it would be nice to see Nthamma replace all the weapons with the authentic m16's that are full auto. it would spice it up even more.
                    I'm actually surprised you guys are still playing this OVERPLAYED mission. As far as updates, I believe Skin will be making major changes in the objective line to make it as much accurate as possible to the real event. In addition, I will be working on a MEDEVAC script which will increase the stress for chopper pilots to EVAC wounded men back to base for medical treatment. So stay tuned for a new version, soon.

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Originally posted by nthamma View Post
                      I'm actually surprised you guys are still playing this OVERPLAYED mission.
                      Its never over played. Just when you think it is *BAM!* we play it with a bunch of people and its chaos all over the place! Your heart gets going the bullets start flyin *HOOAH!*

ps....I may or may not like this mission........judge for yourselves.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by nthamma View Post
                        I'm actually surprised you guys are still playing this OVERPLAYED mission. As far as updates, I believe Skin will be making major changes in the objective line to make it as much accurate as possible to the real event. In addition, I will be working on a MEDEVAC script which will increase the stress for chopper pilots to EVAC wounded men back to base for medical treatment. So stay tuned for a new version, soon.
                        Yay, I love new versions. =D

Comment

If this was the one where we were dangerously under powered (about 30 people) then i was in mortar team. What a howl!!! Even at the end everyone legged it to extract and me and (forgotten who it was!) the other mortar gunner had to back track to the lz very slowly as his legs were broken!

Great great GREAT game!

And yes, it was VERY loud :D
                          Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse