Op Gamble 11-24-09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Op Gamble 11-24-09

Considering how much went wrong in this mission, it still ended up successful.

we had about 10 guys in the server, so we split into two spec ops teams callsigned "razor" (my team), and "blade" (squad leader |TG|meeeeee).

HALO jump was more or less successful. Cromag, my medic, missed our DZ (an enlongated building of some sort) but agreed to meet us at the weapons cache rally point along with blade team. We arrived at the weapons cache, loaded up on weapons and ammo, waited for blade. Blade arrived, did the same thing, proceeded to move towards their objective, the artillery radar.

Razor was tasked with taking out a UAV terminal to the east of blade's objective. we got to the location, established line of sight on enemy positions, and waited for blade team's confirmation that they were ready to commence with the assault. our intent was to hit the positions at the same time. but unfortunatly, blade encountered several enemy patrols that they had to avoid.

It was around this point we were spotted, cromag, and znol (my machine gunner) were taken down by an enemy vodnik. Jasqua, my demo man and designated pack mule, took out the vodnik with his SMAW, and jessup layed a demo charge on the UAV radar. UAV was destroyed, obj 1 complete.

we fell back, i grabbed znol's MG, jessup left the server... so it was me and jes. we desided to move over and assist blade team with their assault. at about 300 meters we saw the tracer rounds and explosions from their objective. their assault was more successfull then ours. no casualties. we rendezvoused with them at the top of a nearby hill and moved towards the main objective, the artillery position.

we moved in, established eyes on enemy positions, and blade's squad leader was taken out by silenced weapons fire. I took command, we fell back. blade's MG gunner was hit, as was their grenadier. it was down to four guys. Me, Jas, and two guys who i'm sorry to say their names escape me...sorry...

we fell back, engaged numerous contacts at very close range. i was hiding behind a tree when i looked over at jas to witness a guy emptying an AK mag into him at point blank range. Needless to say he didn't survive. So it was me and the blade squad memebers. A corpman, and a guy with a marksman rifle. The marksman was down to about 12 rounds so the corpsman and I were going to assault the arty positions with him as our overwatch/base of fire.

We moved up slowly. engaged a few contacts. took fire from up hill, the corpsman got hit but was still alive. he told me where the guy was and i fired an MG burst into him. the marksman moved up to us to continue to provide overwatch up to our approach. the corpsman and I moved up to the Arty position, and cleared the area. there were guys sitting on the guns, and in the surrounding trenches and tents. we laid our satchels and fell back. engaged a few more contacts, and detonated the charges from a distance. mission complete...

A few notes, i know i made it sound like i'm some sort of badass here, but i got wounded alot. probably more then my entire dead squad combined, and up until the arty position i got maybe 2 kills. to put this better, EVERYONE ELSE DID A GREAT JOB. I really feel bad for not remembering the last two guy's names, since i was right there with them at the end of the mission. please speak up if you remember me!!!

still great mission, considering all that went wrong. annnnnnnnnnd i'm out.
    sigpic

Shoot till you run out of ammo, or until you're dead.

Re: Op Gamble 11-24-09

Why can't we have interesting callsigns? Next time I fly, if I don't get called "Revenge of the Muddy Rudder", I'll CO the next mission and assign all callsigns based on Sesame Street characters.

Comment

it was the in-game squad callsigns, and in all honesty i was the only one using them. meeeeee was refering to us as alpha the whole game.
      sigpic

Shoot till you run out of ammo, or until you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by azzwort View Post
        I really feel bad for not remembering the last two guy's names, since i was right there with them at the end of the mission. please speak up if you remember me!!!
        I was the corpsman. That mission was a lot of fun.

My squad, as you said, encountered 10-12 guys in a clearing plus a 4 man patrol in the mountains that we avoided. We went around them, and stopped at a MG nest overlooking our objective. The SL took the guy in it out with his pistol. The sniper, MG, and I stayed up on the hill while the SL and guy with the SMAW moved up to hit the radar tower. From the enemy MG nest, I didn't have a great angle on the guys at the base of the tower, but the guys in the clearing I mentioned earlier heard the fighting and moved over. I was able to kill at least half of them. We pulled back over the top of the hill, and when azzwort's squad said they were getting close we moved back over the ridge. We saw a MG nest about 15 meters away from the one we had taken out earlier, with a man still inside. We were extremely lucky he didn't take out our entire squad.

The rest of the fight went as azzwort described it. The most memorable part for me was when the two of us were down in the trenches. Azzwort was planting a satchel at one of the arty pieces, and out of nowhere an enemy appeared along the edge of the trench, about 5 meters from azz's back (he was looking away.) I brought up my rifle and fired, without realizing I only had two rounds left in the mag. I'm not sure where the first one hit, but I saw the second hit his leg. It was one of those "Oh ****" moments. I'm reloading, he's standing there, azzwort is still looking the wrong way... then slowly he falls over. The two rounds were apparently enough to kill him, but the second it took for him to die had me genuinely worried. Luckily that was the last man we encountered, as I was down to 14 rounds in my last mag at that point.

It's moments like these that keep me playing ArmA.

Comment

We need pictures of this event never existed!!! :P

It would be really nice if people post some pictures of all these events. Lots of reading gets a little tiring on the eyes.
          FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

You forgot the part where I pulled your ass out of a firefight when we got ambushed leaving our target. I single-handedly took out 10 guys while you rolled around on the forest floor getting blood everywhere

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X