pvp Hostage mission - Alpha server nov 26, 2200zulu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pvp Hostage mission - Alpha server nov 26, 2200zulu

This is not indended as a full AAR, but only a few notes from one of last night's coop missions.

I played as the independent Alpha leader, and have only cursory comments on the blufor teams work, further below.

-Thank you for the firm response from one of the TG senior members in game when a few players began TKing once a restart for the mission was announced.

Some rules for placing the hostages are clarified in the mission notes. We learned yesterday that hills are also not the best. One hostage died, and two more ended up standing about 10m out from shore on the ocean. I left before the mission ended, but did blufor ever get to them?

It was a little clunky at the start with different people suggesting hostage locations and generally mucked coms, but once I had placed the hostages coms quieted down and people began listening to each other, which was great.

I stayed closest to the hostages so I could focus on coordination, and I placed another man at an intermediate defense point. The remainder of the defense moved into the city. Its tough for me to judge adequate grouping, but it looked like people worked to find adequate cover and keep themselves well spaced.

We kept different eyes scanning all approaches for a few minutes, until someone in an elevated position saw 2 blufor near the lumberyard. Whomever was tracking blufor's movements in the south by the lumberyard and reporting your findings on von, excellent work. I appreciate everyone else keeping mum while he reported troop count and armament. I could also see by friendly map blips that people were still scanning other sectors as ordered until we could confirm the full count of blufor in one area.

I also appreciate, once we saw blufor, that the team remained in weapons yellow status instead of giving away positions to superior forces. I'd like to know if my final order to open fire only on a profitable target held through.

At this point, I had to go. How did the engagement finish?

I was dissapointed that it took us a few tries to run the mission, which cut into the limited time I had last night resulting in my early departure. I look forward to trying the same again now that the method to place the hostage is clear.
    http://www.legionofsparta.com

Re: pvp Hostage mission - Alpha server nov 26, 2200zulu

Yeah I kicked the teamkillers as soon as they started. It seems that the password for alpha needs to be guarded a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by h3killa View Post
      Yeah I kicked the teamkillers as soon as they started. It seems that the password for alpha needs to be guarded a little more.
      I don't know what to suggest about the pw, because I wouldn't have been able to join the coop missions myself without the pw posted in the ts window.

Consistent moderation is the best tool if access will continue relatively unfettered.

Comment

That shouldnt be happening on Alpha at all. Dont hesitate to contact the Admins here or on TS with any names you might have.
        The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

I'd hate to suggest this idea but I'm sure the PW is being posted in other forums. That's why you get this large flux of players you've never seen before joining the server and not even listening to orders or playing like they really care.
          FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Well, that's why we change password every couple of weeks. I dunno what more than that we can do here really, without making things so complicated that even regulars are scared away.

Comment

I have to agree that something is up. I've seen more unknown ppl playing Alpha like it is Bravo and disregarding the SOP's then when I first joined. And that wasnt to long ago.
              The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

This would take more work than just a password, but mabye every couple of games we could check the TS to make sure everyone who is in the server is also on TS. Yesterday, there was someone in the server who didn't have TS, and everyone was wondering why he was in the server in the first place.
                |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                And yet the menace of the years
                Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

Well you could make TS mandatory for those playing on Alpha. Also people need to start joining the right TS channel when playing on AlphA Server. Public lounge is not intended for alpha or bravo server. we need to start cleaning up the TS channels so we know where people actually are.
                  FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

TS cleanup is a matter of discipline, if your on Alpha, take the initiative and get in the alpha channel, don't be lazy and sit in the public lounge because everyone else is. This is triple true for leadership, help make sure people are in the right channel.

It's as easy as the CO announcing in briefing:

"Ok folks, I want -everyone- into the alpha teamspeak channel, Fire Team Leads please turn on your Channel Commander, Squad Leads please have a keybind set to talk on it. Everyone has 5 mins to alt tab and do this and anything AFK before we start the round."

TS compliance should be mandatory for alpha anyways.

Comment

anyone know the alpha password though?

Comment

Originally posted by papavalium View Post
                        anyone know the alpha password though?
                        Unless it's back to normal, just ask on TS.

Comment

How about kicking and banning the people who are not playing the TG way?

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Originally posted by blackmain View Post
                            How about kicking and banning the people who are not playing the TG way?
                            Banning is an admin call. I'm not against gentle kicks to encourage the right sort of play though. What are the commands to enable any given coop mission leader to have kick-control?

Comment

Well, anyone that's an admin, voted or logged in, can use the #kick command.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X