Fallout new years game!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout new years game!

Trust me, I wouldn't write another AAR about fallout unless the game was very special. Heck, i didn't even post in the last AAR that was written about this map simply because i never felt that a playthrough of this game was worthy of such an honor. Well, last nights game gave me somthing to gloat about. See, fallout till last night hasn't had a clear winner, just all the teams declaring victory on global. last night, while playing as the opfor, i can safely say that i have won the first legitimate 9 fuel trucks victory in fallout...if somone has won before, i apologize for not counting you.

personally, alot of people don't play fallout correctly. The mission is as much about role playing as it is about fuel trucks. In a good mission, the enclave should try their best to play as the dilusioned liberators of the capitol wasteland. The Raiders should try to be evil and backstabbing, and indies should try to get to the various cities and protect the civies, and the civies should be a group of slightly motivated people who try to protect the place where they spawn, be that megaton, or old olney or the like. The point is, when a good game is played, people (as in civies) should fear the raiders, be wary of the enclave, and welcome with open arms the regulators. I have played the lead role for all four teams, and i tried to practice this doctrine as much as possible.

Last night's game in question was sortof a departure for me. see up untill last night, i had been the nice guy to the civilian teams. I was always honest and kind with the civilian populace, civies entering my bases weren't forced to drop their guns, and 9 times out of 10 the guns they were using were given to them by us! I felt that like "the thing: the video game" the best way to win somone's trust was to give them the ability to defend themselves, and the truth is, teams i led usually had a large portion of the civilian populace behind them. Last night, i played the bad guys for once.

Again, this game is about playing a role, if that role happens to be the bad guys, you'd better be willing and able to be evil, which i was. The raider's mission kicked off with a very successful movement from my base to megaton, our first goal in this mission was to secure the megaton fuel supply. We were prepared to trade with civilian leaders for said item simply because that town was a cease fire zone. So we loaded up our trucks with ammo and equipment, with the express purpose of trading them for the truck. en rout, we found another truck out in the desert, which tom picked up and drove to our depot. Tom had the brilliant idea to shoot out the tires and park vehicles around the truck to prevent theivery. He later led the outgoing force, but i'm getting ahead of myself...

upon entering megaton, we discovered the town deserted. so, like good raiders, we stole the fuel truck from the town. upon getting back to base we as a team laid some goals out. A) Get fuel trucks, and B) be the scourge of the wastes. The second part of that plan would be accomplished by the means in which we went about accomplishing A, and a very special radio broadcast.

Meet crunk the supermutant, the raider's radio personality, and his co-host "constantly in pain guy who works the magic box (aka the broadcasting equipment)". I have an opinion about the use of radio broadcasts, if you can make them enjoyable, then do them, if you can use them as propaganda and/or information for your team's movements or actions, then do them, if you're just getting on global to complain about how you died for the millionth time because BEING IN A TANK DEFINATLY DOES NOT CLASSIFY YOU AS UNARMED (you know who you are), Stay off radio! Whenever we did something inherently evil, Crunk got on radio and bragged about it, the one topic we avoided like the plauge was the number of fuel trucks we had, as it would cause a massive attack to come down upon us.

We got trucks 3-5 all at once. While patrolling in the wastes, the OPFOR away team discovered a group of civies hoarding 3 fuel trucks at ghost church. If i was blufor, i probably would have driven a jeep over there filled with weapons and ammo and traded for a prize like that. But since i was playing the bad guy, we did what any bad guys would do at a time like that, we killed everyone. I take the blame for this descision, it was my order to massacre the church and the order was carried out to the letter, you'll have to get somone who was there to fill in the details, but i'd like to imagine all non-gunner-on-vehicle personel dismounting their technicals and mowing down the civies. It seemed like they didn't know what hit them, they got on global on complained about the action, and talked about getting various people from opfor banned. but after talking it over with marine and explaining that they were guarding somthing i wanted and i was playing the bad guy, i'm hoping that the action is considered to be a legit one.

Fuel truck 6 was found in the fairifax ruins, along with an ammo crate. We booby-trapped the ammo and took the truck. I got on the radio and talked like crunk was in fact getting drunk off the fuel we had, also he was setting his co-host on fire. Truck 7 was found in the wastes east of the regulator base, and 8 if i recall was found in a town, though i can't remember which one.

and then there was one.

We regrouped at base and counted our stores. Crunk got on radio and talked about his burning co-host. We took sniper fire and tried to make rediculously long range shots on the old train yard, we never actually fired at people, though i'm sure we hit some. I was in the base most of the mission, most of these reports are secondhand. Much of what i did in my command role was to stay in the back of the group and organize my team, which i mostly did well. Tom and his group searched far and wide for that last truck. We took bad information and lost a medical vehicle for it. I had recon units check out enclave and regulator bases (they never killed anyone and they cleared out as soon as they confirmed the lack of fuel trucks).

Finally, we found the truck in the north end of fairfax ruins. As it was being driven back, Crunk got on global and gloated to the other teams about how great the raiders were and how we had our last truck...and then my game crashed...

From there, from what i understand, it desolved into violence, the teams joined forces and assaulted the opfor position. my team put up a hell of a fight. but i'll get somone else to tell that story, the mission was over to me once we drove that ninth truck into our depot. nothing else really mattered...

Special thanks to pretty much my whole team. unfortunatly i forgot everyone's name because i suck, but i remember Tom, Silentspy, and Cephi, so yeah, those guys, and everyone else. You did AWESOME!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Shoot till you run out of ammo, or until you're dead.

Re: Fallout new years game!

Yeah, it was really awesome!

YEARRRRRRR

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

we've won before as opfor aswell, on that game where I shot at you a bunch of times.

I can say for sure that tiggr, high caliber and force_majeure were on my team, don't remember anyone else.

Comment

DOTN FORGET ME!!!

it was me and tom i think, raided fort banister. killed off some regs. me and him got shot up to hell. but we managed to make it. it was awesome.

us opfor kids ruled hard. while everyone got in fights over land. we fought over gas.

"im free of all predjudices, i hate everyone equally" -Brad
        "Fine, ill just talk to my fellow corpses!"-Chris G-AKA Miles Tegg

Comment

flakt, i don't recall opfor having all 9 fuel trucks during that game.
          sigpic

Shoot till you run out of ammo, or until you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by azzwort View Post
            flakt, i don't recall opfor having all 9 fuel trucks during that game.
            opfor won with all fuel trucks. trigger didnt work but admins called it for us

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X