Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout v3.3 Mike's Tenpenny Tower Gang

Top - Bottom:

1. Posing after stealing both the tank and stryker as the raiders and enclave blew the ever loving crap out of eachother. We spread lies about both parties, causing them to attack eachother for no reason. During the chaos, we stole all of the enclave's vehicles, and those which we couldn't steal we disabled.

2. Another angle

3. Fruits of a follow up raid, the enclave base was completely undefended. They were out in the field killing raiders. Accordingly, we stole the m240 humvee.

4. With the enclave base depleted, we set out in our specialized raiding vehicle to raid the raider base (Redunant?).

5. Nikov (enclave leader) finally returns to base and voices his protest at the situation.

6. "They took the stryker too!"

7. Overlooking the enclave base, rallying to move to the raider base.

Re: Fallout v3.3 Mike's Tenpenny Tower Gang

Great game tonight guys! Lots of fun.

In future, I will add few more soldiers to Enclave to make it a squad. I will also descrease number of items to be collected in order to make the mission flow faster.

Post your AAR here :).

Comment

I don't want anything thinking I was upset by the base raiding, it just seemed entirely too simple. Also, it does not quite make sense that flags pop up alerting all players if Raiders control the Police HQ, for example, but there is no flag for another faction being present or detected in your base's vicinity. The very low BLUFOR manpower and lack of a crate-transporting vehicle at start weakens their ability. Also tear gas hand canisters are bugged in this version of ACE or somesuch, as we were unable to use them. Enclave also needs to start with gas masks in the player weapons crates.

Comment

Nikov makes a good point -- it would be nice to hear a warning when someone -- ANYONE -- approaches your base.

Also, I'd recommend changing the hint system from "X control Y area" to "X have been spotted near Y area". The way it is now, the hints allude to a hostile nature in every encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by [R-DEV]NikovK View Post
          I don't want anything thinking I was upset by the base raiding, it just seemed entirely too simple. Also, it does not quite make sense that flags pop up alerting all players if Raiders control the Police HQ, for example, but there is no flag for another faction being present or detected in your base's vicinity. The very low BLUFOR manpower and lack of a crate-transporting vehicle at start weakens their ability. Also tear gas hand canisters are bugged in this version of ACE or somesuch, as we were unable to use them. Enclave also needs to start with gas masks in the player weapons crates.
          I think the easiest would just be to do side quests or exchange items or something to hire AI guards for the base. And there could be multiple levels, the cheapest defence level would be an alarm, the 2nd would be some bodyguards with SKS, the 3rd could be militarized dudes with a pickup truck etc.

The biggest flaw to the map IMO right now is having to defend bases.. it is mind numbingly boring, but necessary to win.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
            I think the easiest would just be to do side quests or exchange items or something to hire AI guards for the base. And there could be multiple levels, the cheapest defence level would be an alarm, the 2nd would be some bodyguards with SKS, the 3rd could be militarized dudes with a pickup truck etc.

The biggest flaw to the map IMO right now is having to defend bases.. it is mind numbingly boring, but necessary to win.
            Ai guards would be a good idea! If there was some way tou could go up to them (if they were yours) and open action menu and select which other forces you want them to kill that would be awesome.
            Nihility

Comment

I will work on this guys :). Especially on base alarm.

Comment

i think a really good idea, though probably time consuming and difficult, would be to get into contact with one of the communities map makers to recreate the Captial Wasteland from the actual game Fallout 3. It would make the mission really big and add more towns. the mission big enough for the Enclave to use an MV-22 without feeling cramped, and would add more realistic bases for the different sides. Another good idea would be to replace the regulators with the Brotherhood of Steel faction, doing this would spread out the factions bases seeing how the actual regulator base in fallout 3 is only a small shack and is really close to the enclave base and way out of the way compared to other bases. Bases would be as listed:

Brotherhood of Steel: Citadel, southeast part of the map
                the remains of the ruined Pentagon, but heavily fortified

Enclave: Raven's Rock, northwest part of the map
                heavily fortified military base(one of the few not ruined by the war)

Raiders: Evergreen Mills, southwest part of the map
                old train yard, medium fortifications but hidden in a canyon, one entrance in(provides natural choke point for anyone trying to enter)

Civilians: multiple small towns and farms, Megaton is the capital(actually pretty much in the center of those three bases)

You can use this map for references, taken right out of the game, shows all locations on in-game map:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_map
                Last edited by Cueball; 01-06-2010, 09:48 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling mistakes, changed link to give a better map with a list of locations
                Arma name: Cueball, -19D-Cueball, or L.Cpl. Vowels
                PR name: Sleeper68, Cu3b4ll
                2142:sleeper68

Comment

Originally posted by Cueball View Post
                  i think a really good idea, though probably time consuming and difficult, would be to get into contact with one of the communities map makers to recreate the Captial Wasteland from the actual game Fallout 3. It would make the mission really big and add more towns. the mission big enough for the Enclave to use an MV-22 without feeling cramped, and would add more realistic bases for the different sides.
                  I think that the map should remain fairly small, considering transportation is limited (there arnt even cars in Fallout 3). If the map is kept somewhat small, I don't see the use of the MV-22. It would be cool, but it wouldnt be practical if the map remained about the same size. If the map were to be made bigger to accomidate the MV-22, I think that it would put others at a disadvantage because they couldn't (don't want to) travel minutes just to get somewhere. I think that the map should represent the Capital Wasteland, just w/ smaller proportions.
                  |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                  Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                  And yet the menace of the years
                  Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

i understand making the map smaller, but if we do accomodate for the Enclave to have an Mv-22, the Brotherhood of steel could get an MH-60(outdated compared to MV-22 so it would fit with the Brotherhood) and the Raiders could get an Mi-18(scavenged from the Chinese, since apparently there were chinese forces operating in that are during the war, i know its not completely realistic but it would balance out gameplay)

Comment

I think you gents are daydreaming. ; )

Comment

not really, its possible, itd take some time but its possible, if i could make maps id do it myself

Comment

cool

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement