X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valuable Cargo TvT Mission 1/12 and 1/13/2010

After Action Report: Mission name F16ACE_TVT66_Valuable_Cargo_V1

Action: 1/13/2010

Players: I appologize .. I lost the piece of paper with everyone's name on it.

Nature of action: Russian and American Forces converge on a downed helicopter carring a VIP and a map.

Terrain: Forested. Crash site is marshy and exposed.

Map: Podogorsk

Mission Orders: Recover the map! Return with it to your base.

General Comments: Go play this map NOW! It is a great team v team mission. Somehow the surrounding evokes a Viet Nam chopper down feeling ... eerie! We played it in fog, in clear conditions, and came back and played it in the moonlight on a dark night.

Tactics: This map forces tactical play. Fire suppression. Cover and concealment. Use of smoke and diversion. Plus in addition to forcing tactical play to advance, it makes tactical withdrawal after finding the map essential. You have to execute a withdrawal under fire in order to get away with the map.

I should warn you at this point I am now famous for going out to the chopper under fire .... my fire teams covered and suppressed for almost ten minutes while I searched every body (there is more than one). Finally I found the map ... we were off under hostile fire. Executed a classic withdrawal... my fire team was most excellent and Opfor was in hot pursuit most of the way.

Ran nearly passing out to our base ... gathered fire team .. and ummmmmmm .. no map. I had looked at it but somehow not grabbed/transferred it to my gear. Never felt more like an idiot in my life.

FINAL NOTE: I have now played this several times. Once (last night) we played it in the moonlight. It is an amazingly simple and riveting TvT. I cannot strongly enough tell you you should go play it now.

COMMENTS for designer: I believe it has not ACE medical .. we missed it. No respawn is ok if you can heal. In this one you have classic iron sites, no respawn (yes you are a crow), and I think no JIP. Also designer (I may have missed this) .. this map would be great for limited flares from M203 and perhaps a some more smoke grenades (hand held). But GREAT MISSION. We all enjoyed it. Had repeated requests to go back and do it again .. so we did.
    "The unexamined life is not worth living". Socrates. "The unlived life is not worth examining". |TG| tiggr

Re: Valuable Cargo TvT Mission 1/12 and 1/13/2010

Originally posted by Thomas R Harper, Jr View Post
    After Action Report: Mission name F16ACE_TVT66_Valuable_Cargo_V1

Action: 1/13/2010

Players: I appologize .. I lost the piece of paper with everyone's name on it.

Nature of action: Russian and American Forces converge on a downed helicopter carring a VIP and a map.

Terrain: Forested. Crash site is marshy and exposed.

Map: Podogorsk

Mission Orders: Recover the map! Return with it to your base.

General Comments: Go play this map NOW! It is a great team v team mission. Somehow the surrounding evokes a Viet Nam chopper down feeling ... eerie! We played it in fog, in clear conditions, and came back and played it in the moonlight on a dark night.

Tactics: This map forces tactical play. Fire suppression. Cover and concealment. Use of smoke and diversion. Plus in addition to forcing tactical play to advance, it makes tactical withdrawal after finding the map essential. You have to execute a withdrawal under fire in order to get away with the map.

I should warn you at this point I am now famous for going out to the chopper under fire .... my fire teams covered and suppressed for almost ten minutes while I searched every body (there is more than one). Finally I found the map ... we were off under hostile fire. Executed a classic withdrawal... my fire team was most excellent and Opfor was in hot pursuit most of the way.

Ran nearly passing out to our base ... gathered fire team .. and ummmmmmm .. no map. I had looked at it but somehow not grabbed/transferred it to my gear. Never felt more like an idiot in my life.

FINAL NOTE: I have now played this several times. Once (last night) we played it in the moonlight. It is an amazingly simple and riveting TvT. I cannot strongly enough tell you you should go play it now.

COMMENTS for designer: I believe it has not ACE medical .. we missed it. No respawn is ok if you can heal. In this one you have classic iron sites, no respawn (yes you are a crow), and I think no JIP. Also designer (I may have missed this) .. this map would be great for limited flares from M203 and perhaps a some more smoke grenades (hand held). But GREAT MISSION. We all enjoyed it. Had repeated requests to go back and do it again .. so we did.

Thanks for the report, should have ACE Medic Module will check and update that ASAP. Also everyone should be equipped with paraflares that you can fire from your action menu. Good AAR, I'd like to see this played with two squads each and MG's.

P.S. It was missing the ACE medic module (oops!) map updated to v2. The name of the mission is TVT66_Valuable_Cargo_V2 to comply with the new naming standard

Comment

I stand corrected. And, yes, we had flares in the moonlight mission. Yes, they were paraflares and if I remember right you got what you got meaning you could not get more when you started game.

I do have a concern which I forgot to mention. When we were playing the night mission, Bluefor (we were Opfor) told us in a after action debrief on tactics that they could see us even in the shadows under the trees because we had a "pink" glow around our faces. They aimed for the glow.

We had discussed it as we were making attempts to crawl to chopper. every time you moved, really accurate fire ensued. We thought they were spotting us with flares then sighting on position , waiting for dark and firing on spot they had aimed at.

I remember in your mission (I think it is yours) with the F16's on carrier v F16's in island that enemy has a "pink" colored awareness position indicator which also helps distinguish friend from foe.

Is it possible such an indicator is at work here. I viewed the battle from the Blufor positions as a crow and did not see the effect they told us about. But, there was an interesting effect where you could not see their muzzle flashes except from the sides (flash suppressors?).

Anyway, I told everyone I would ask about the "pink" glow issue. On Opfor, we did not see any indication of where they were. As a matter of fact, we never knew where they were till they told us.
      "The unexamined life is not worth living". Socrates. "The unlived life is not worth examining". |TG| tiggr

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas R Harper, Jr View Post
        I stand corrected. And, yes, we had flares in the moonlight mission. Yes, they were paraflares and if I remember right you got what you got meaning you could not get more when you started game.

I do have a concern which I forgot to mention. When we were playing the night mission, Bluefor (we were Opfor) told us in a after action debrief on tactics that they could see us even in the shadows under the trees because we had a "pink" glow around our faces. They aimed for the glow.

We had discussed it as we were making attempts to crawl to chopper. every time you moved, really accurate fire ensued. We thought they were spotting us with flares then sighting on position , waiting for dark and firing on spot they had aimed at.

I remember in your mission (I think it is yours) with the F16's on carrier v F16's in island that enemy has a "pink" colored awareness position indicator which also helps distinguish friend from foe.

Is it possible such an indicator is at work here. I viewed the battle from the Blufor positions as a crow and did not see the effect they told us about. But, there was an interesting effect where you could not see their muzzle flashes except from the sides (flash suppressors?).

Anyway, I told everyone I would ask about the "pink" glow issue. On Opfor, we did not see any indication of where they were. As a matter of fact, we never knew where they were till they told us.
        I don't know anything about pink glowing its nothing I did or put in the mission. It could have been the difficulty setting it was played on with the ridiculous enemy markers but that's the only thing I can think of unless someone put on a red chemlight.

Comment

yeah in that mission you spoke of i first grabbed the intel and was shot by enemy forces on withdraw. The map you grabbed was my personal map not kolstkeys map case. Opfor loled
          If you wanna find me off TG
          Xbox live- fusionpo0
          Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
          Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed