Operation Pig Chow (All phases)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Pig Chow (All phases)

Hey guys - please post all feedback on the pigchow series I'm making here :) I've heard mixed reviews on phase 2 (massive arty needed), so would love to get some verbalized verbose opinions on all of them.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
    Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Re: Operation Pig Chow (All phases)

1. Little birds/recon humvees to insert forward observers on the valleys overlooking the AO.
    2. personal preference: remove the blufor/opfor armor and keep the combat mechanized, sticking to bradleys and BMPs/BTRs/BDRMS. Terrain isn't suited to armor, and the main guns pose a constant threat to infantry.
    3. Forward observer section

Comment

thanks krause :)

EDIT: Would SADARM on the arty units, plus an extra gun, make things a little better? or is just hte overexposed armor in the valleys too much?

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
      Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Originally posted by jaynus View Post
        thanks krause :)

EDIT: Would SADARM on the arty units, plus an extra gun, make things a little better? or is just hte overexposed armor in the valleys too much?
        I think the amount of guns is fine, as far as adding SADARM, i wasn't even aware that existed in ACE. It would be cool to add as another tactical option for commanders to employ, but the artillery in general is a moot point without forward observers, as there is no line of sight from the axis of advance on enemy targets. The few times I have played the pigchow missions we were firing artillery at approximate locations of the enemy, and our fire missions were probably highly ineffectual.

Not quite sure what you mean by "make things better" - expound if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
          I think the amount of guns is fine, as far as adding SADARM, i wasn't even aware that existed in ACE. It would be cool to add as another tactical option for commanders to employ, but the artillery in general is a moot point without forward observers, as there is no line of sight from the axis of advance on enemy targets. The few times I have played the pigchow missions we were firing artillery at approximate locations of the enemy, and our fire missions were probably highly ineffectual.

Not quite sure what you mean by "make things better" - expound if you will.
          "better" just being more fun for all. If a unit is ineffectual/inactive for long periods due to enemy positioning or something that makes a bad mission IMO.

I'll start testing some different options on FOs. Also, thinking maybe remove the loader slots on the warpigs and add 2 bradlies; make which vehicle they want to take optional.

Will see how it all works :)

And yah - ace doesn't have SADARM but it's easy enough to script.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
          Task Force Proteus

Comment

Originally posted by jaynus View Post
            "better" just being more fun for all. If a unit is ineffectual/inactive for long periods due to enemy positioning or something that makes a bad mission IMO.

I'll start testing some different options on FOs. Also, thinking maybe remove the loader slots on the warpigs and add 2 bradlies; make which vehicle they want to take optional.

Will see how it all works :)

And yah - ace doesn't have SADARM but it's easy enough to script.
            The problem with the tanks is that they tend to cause the infantry head aches - the valley is only about 50 meters across and even if the infantry is well away from the tanks they are still being effected by concussion. I think mechanized warfare would be much more fun there in general, and infantry will be able to use their AT4s and be more involved. The ultra thin roads make for some problematic maneuvering with tanks as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X