Sunday Nights event. Jan 17th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Nights event. Jan 17th

I would like to express a few opinions about our attempt at the mission last night on Isla Duala.

Successes: First and foremost I would like to thank Krause for his spectacular work in planning the several phases of the operation. His ability to see the best possible approach and timing methods are commendable. We had been communicating for the previous 48 hours before the event and were able to hammer out uncertainties before I was given enemy intelligence and armor count.

Jtoc, 353rd, and the 303rd performed their tasks flawlessly and exercised brilliant teamwork on the field when it came to tactics and achieving their given objectives.

Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta squads did not see much action, but I want to express my gratitude toward them for their cohesiveness. Had the mission not crashed I believe they would have carried out the main assault with accuracy.

Giant, supersix team, and Spirit team performed flawlessly as well.

Failures: I was not prepared to lead such a large group of TG soldiers. It took me thirty minutes to get into the swing of communication. Once I had that figured out the objectives went more smoothly than they had been. My knowledge of the correct order of operations when it comes to kicking off the game was poor. I was learning a lot on the fly and that bothered me. I did not ask the right questions.

Another thing I failed at was operational delegation. Krause was my XO and I had specifically given him control of Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, and Crusader squads. However, I was responding to their communication requests and that caused some general disruption at the command level. Krause and I talked about it and I believe I learned a valuable lesson about focus when lines of communication come into play.

The only TG failure was timing. We had some issues involving people showing up late because of timing snafus.

I will lead another company for TG again in the near future, I am sure of it. Next time I will be more prepared. It is not fitting for a commander to be broken in on such a large effort, but I was more than willing to try and take any heat for the failures that occurred.

I would like as much feedback as possible about the mission, your experience, my command, and possible improvements for future events.

Special thanks go to the following people for having patience with my lack of proper TG organizational knowhow.

Hotmachina, Krause, Socom, and Boon.

Semper TG.
    Acceptable.
    57.89%
    Unacceptable.
    21.05%
    N/A due to inactivity because of game crash.
    21.05%

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Sunday Nights event. Jan 17th

We need to replay this mission - everything was going as planned until the server crashed and I was impressed by the special forces teams' ability to accomplish their objectives. The 353 especially was instrumental in calling in effective AC-130 runs on the town of Engor.

Losing my squad leaders to technical problems (besides skin) to replacements who had not been briefed was another problem in addition to the ones Dimitrius covered.

Comment

Unfornutatly, I had to leave before the combat started. College the next day means my playing window isnt the biggest

Comment

Dimitrius,

It's not often that anyone begins their AAR with brutal self-criticism, especially for a CO. Although I wasn't there to witness it, that kind of honesty sounds like you're making for a fantastic leader here at TG!

My internet connection died at about 17:15 EST, an hour after the mission was supposed to begin. I'm going to go over why I think there was so much chaos pre-game, because I think it needs to seriously be changed for future large-scale missions here.

Posted times need to be accurate. Although this is the only case I can remember happening, there was a lot of confusion regarding when players were supposed to show up -- this can't happen again!

TG members need to make their absolute best effort to either be there, on time (that means independently checking when the game starts!), or alert someone to remove you from the roster. If your name is on that list you have a commitment to be there, or a commitment to let the proper channels know.

Admins (and I know this is going to be rough criticism, but) need to be more capable of handling what I can only describe as the fuster-cluck regarding pre-game activities. This includes a few things:

-making sure that the mission you are playing has been tested, EXTENSIVELY, long before it is to be played. This means making sure everything works before a commander has to review it. We had a half-hour to game-time and the command element wasn't even sure if the mission was in working order.

-making sure the server is in working order. Now, I know this is a tough one for various reasons, but it was still a massive problem. If the box can't handle the number of players you're expecting, you need a contingency plan, of which there was none.

-making sure the admins can handle themselves amongst the chaos. I will be the first to recognize that being an admin, especially on Sunday, is a gigantic migraine waiting to happen. However, that means that if you get stressed out, you should take a break and let someone else take over for you, NOT continue getting agitated while trying to herd sheep. Several times last night an admin would scream something like "NO ONE TALKS BUT ME OR YOU GET BANNED". Admittedly, there was a lot of chatter blocking important things from going on, but this kind of talk was obviously stemming from frustration rather than trying to get a word in edge-wise. Admins need to know how to deal with crowds like this, and need to know when to back down and let someone else help out.

I know most of my criticism will fall on deaf ears, but last night was a fustercluck. I would have been able to get in an hour of good gameplay last night if it wasn't for the total chaos that stalled the game for over 75 minutes. I hope the next time I'm asked to be a squad leader, it's with that kind of clutter removed from the pre-game experience.

Comment

i agree. for the past couple of events, it has not bowed well for our TG community. that being said, scope, you brought up the major points that the administration team is already going over behind closed doors. we know that this type of stuff is unacceptable for the community.

we are working right now for a good present for you guys and i doubt that it will disappoint you guys. as far as the CO'n went..... i belive that you did a good job while the mission lasted but i think that you need to slow down and let the squads check in with you and allow them to do their thing. i know that i never got 100 meters before having to check in with you. if there is a time crunch about an objective being completed in a time frame for the rest of the squads then let us know but it is hard to stop in the middle of combat or moving trying to send you a sitrep of what you already know 30seconds prior.

with that out, i believe you are a fantastic leader and that you do what a lot of the other regular members do not do.....step up

you led what was one of the largest events (population wise) i think in a very long time. it is not easy to do especially when coms get going, but i can tell you this.... the next time that you step up it is going to be SO much easier for you b/c you have already been through it once and know how to correct the mistakes that you made prior. fantastic job

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
            Dimitrius,

It's not often that anyone begins their AAR with brutal self-criticism, especially for a CO. Although I wasn't there to witness it, that kind of honesty sounds like you're making for a fantastic leader here at TG!

My internet connection died at about 17:15 EST, an hour after the mission was supposed to begin. I'm going to go over why I think there was so much chaos pre-game, because I think it needs to seriously be changed for future large-scale missions here.

Posted times need to be accurate. Although this is the only case I can remember happening, there was a lot of confusion regarding when players were supposed to show up -- this can't happen again!

TG members need to make their absolute best effort to either be there, on time (that means independently checking when the game starts!), or alert someone to remove you from the roster. If your name is on that list you have a commitment to be there, or a commitment to let the proper channels know.

Admins (and I know this is going to be rough criticism, but) need to be more capable of handling what I can only describe as the fuster-cluck regarding pre-game activities. This includes a few things:

-making sure that the mission you are playing has been tested, EXTENSIVELY, long before it is to be played. This means making sure everything works before a commander has to review it. We had a half-hour to game-time and the command element wasn't even sure if the mission was in working order.

-making sure the server is in working order. Now, I know this is a tough one for various reasons, but it was still a massive problem. If the box can't handle the number of players you're expecting, you need a contingency plan, of which there was none.

-making sure the admins can handle themselves amongst the chaos. I will be the first to recognize that being an admin, especially on Sunday, is a gigantic migraine waiting to happen. However, that means that if you get stressed out, you should take a break and let someone else take over for you, NOT continue getting agitated while trying to herd sheep. Several times last night an admin would scream something like "NO ONE TALKS BUT ME OR YOU GET BANNED". Admittedly, there was a lot of chatter blocking important things from going on, but this kind of talk was obviously stemming from frustration rather than trying to get a word in edge-wise. Admins need to know how to deal with crowds like this, and need to know when to back down and let someone else help out.

I know most of my criticism will fall on deaf ears, but last night was a fustercluck. I would have been able to get in an hour of good gameplay last night if it wasn't for the total chaos that stalled the game for over 75 minutes. I hope the next time I'm asked to be a squad leader, it's with that kind of clutter removed from the pre-game experience.
            Scope.. I apologize for nominating you as SL (if you didn't figure that out yet)... I did not know that was going to happen. I highly respect your leadership abilities and thought you would make a great asset to the team. I know it all seems like a waste of time and I apologize for that - the mission was supposed to be thoroughly tested. Again, sorry for wasting your time.

Even with the initial bumps once the mission actually started... i think things were finally flowing smoothly in the last ten minutes, and the rest of the mission would have been enjoyable. The SF teams did exactly what they were supposed to and we were about 2 mikes from Engor when it crashed. I put about 10ish hours into planning the ground plan, and about 6-7 hours working with dimitrius/flakt - so I hope we replay this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post

i think that you need to slow down and let the squads check in with you and allow them to do their thing. i know that i never got 100 meters before having to check in with you. if there is a time crunch about an objective being completed in a time frame for the rest of the squads then let us know but it is hard to stop in the middle of combat or moving trying to send you a sitrep of what you already know 30seconds prior.
              Jack,

I agree with the assessment. I was constantly asking for sitreps without giving much of a window for forward progress before requesting the next one. It can cripple a squads effectiveness if their six is busy chatting with command every few minutes. Thats another thing I am moving to correct.

This is the feedback I am seeking.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post

Scope,

I apologize as well for your lack of an enjoyable experience. It would be foolish to assume that the entire affair was negative for you, but I do understand the distaste that must have been left in your mouth after it was over. I have played with you before and I selected only those who I trust and have had experience with. Next time I lead I will make sure to improve both the pregame time frame and the conditions you seek to allow for a satisfying experience.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Operational Flow:

I think perhaps you are evaluating yourself with a heavy hand, Dimitrius. The operational flow was going well. There are only minor suggestions I would make:

The XO and I have very specific opinions about leaving fighting infantry mounted in a canvas topped truck for extended periods of time near an engagement. According to my notes, the halted times in minutes were 3, 6, 4, 3, 8 respectively. The XO's direct order to keep Alpha squad inside of the MTVR rather than how the squad leader saw fit is part of Krause's style. That does not reflect on the CO.

Another issue was the flow of information between units. An example: Alpha and Bravo received indirect fire from a small city to the north, and shortly after received an order from XO to assault the city. Within 30 seconds, the order was belayed and we were told to return to our MTVRs. A quick comment "so-and-so has neutralized the city threats" clarifies the situation to Alpha and Bravo. A similar situation with a hilltop our south, where indirect fire was heard which I reported to XO. Later, friendly sniper fire was heard in the same vicinity, leading me to assume the threat was neutralized. However, no confirmation of friendly action came from XO during my report, for the duration of the shots fired, or after. I was left to assume that ghosts had taken care of the nearby threat.

Essentially, as Alpha squad lead I felt the "need to know" zone had extended to a bubble the size of an MTVR, which makes a canvas covered MTVR a very uncomfortable place to be.

slotting - This isn't pointed at the CO, this is pointed at the players. If you sign up, show up... and show up on time. I know there was a mistake about the posted time, but I think the majority of the names called that were missing knew the correct time and forgot to show up or didn't care.

In short, I was stunned at how many names were unanswered during the roll call. Maybe 35% of the players were on time (ie-- 15 minutes before the start)? Perhaps 50% by the scheduled start? Cmon... don't even sign up if you aren't going to show.

Technical Flow:

slotting - I'm not sure if slotting is in the technical flow or the operation flow... probably both. Admins, be sure to remind people (before you open the server at all) that if they click a slot and nothing happens, STOP and WAIT without clicking again.

verifySignatures=1 I hate to say this, we should consider using the most uniform mod collection possible for the large sessions. There's no certainty that a mod caused the crash yesterday, but I would like to see a strict policy for ONLY the TG modpack being whitelisted for the events.

Events are one time where you KNOW everyone has visited the forum and read the rules (otherwise they wouldn't know about the event, right?). Make a huge announcement at the top about exactly which mods may be turned on during the game. Turn on verifySignatures in the server config before the server is booted with the special event password and you can guarantee no one will enter with anything strange.

I believe the only mods in the TG mod pack are ACE related, and the rest are map expansions. I understand that the client-side mods are very unlikely to cause any server issues, but in this case I think it's better to just cast a broad preventative measure and see if we can get a few SUCCESSFUL event missions completed without technical issues or outright crashes.

Another group I play with has a strictly limited-mod policy, including client-side, and I have yet to see a mission crash, even a very large one.

Missions - Another thing I hate to say: perhaps the missions should be vanilla for a few sessions too. I opened up Operation Syracuse and it only has two items that are out of the ordinary: the AC-130 gunship scripting and the viewdistance scripting. I'm not blaming them as the cause, but let's consider any possibility.

logs - please share the server logs, I think reviewing the cause is the most important step to prevention. I reviewed my local Arma.RPT file and there really isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post
                    Operational Flow:

I think perhaps you are evaluating yourself with a heavy hand, Dimitrius. The operational flow was going well. There are only minor suggestions I would make:

The XO and I have very specific opinions about leaving fighting infantry mounted in a canvas topped truck for extended periods of time near an engagement. According to my notes, the halted times in minutes were 3, 6, 4, 3, 8 respectively. The XO's direct order to keep Alpha squad inside of the MTVR rather than how the squad leader saw fit is part of Krause's style. That does not reflect on the CO.

Another issue was the flow of information between units. An example: Alpha and Bravo received indirect fire from a small city to the north, and shortly after received an order from XO to assault the city. Within 30 seconds, the order was belayed and we were told to return to our MTVRs. A quick comment "so-and-so has neutralized the city threats" clarifies the situation to Alpha and Bravo. A similar situation with a hilltop our south, where indirect fire was heard which I reported to XO. Later, friendly sniper fire was heard in the same vicinity, leading me to assume the threat was neutralized. However, no confirmation of friendly action came from XO during my report, for the duration of the shots fired, or after. I was left to assume that ghosts had taken care of the nearby threat.

Essentially, as Alpha squad lead I felt the "need to know" zone had extended to a bubble the size of an MTVR, which makes a canvas covered MTVR a very uncomfortable place to be.

slotting - This isn't pointed at the CO, this is pointed at the players. If you sign up, show up... and show up on time. I know there was a mistake about the posted time, but I think the majority of the names called that were missing knew the correct time and forgot to show up or didn't care.

In short, I was stunned at how many names were unanswered during the roll call. Maybe 35% of the players were on time (ie-- 15 minutes before the start)? Perhaps 50% by the scheduled start? Cmon... don't even sign up if you aren't going to show.

Technical Flow:

slotting - I'm not sure if slotting is in the technical flow or the operation flow... probably both. Admins, be sure to remind people (before you open the server at all) that if they click a slot and nothing happens, STOP and WAIT without clicking again.

verifySignatures=1 I hate to say this, we should consider using the most uniform mod collection possible for the large sessions. There's no certainty that a mod caused the crash yesterday, but I would like to see a strict policy for ONLY the TG modpack being whitelisted for the events.

Events are one time where you KNOW everyone has visited the forum and read the rules (otherwise they wouldn't know about the event, right?). Make a huge announcement at the top about exactly which mods may be turned on during the game. Turn on verifySignatures in the server config before the server is booted with the special event password and you can guarantee no one will enter with anything strange.

I believe the only mods in the TG mod pack are ACE related, and the rest are map expansions. I understand that the client-side mods are very unlikely to cause any server issues, but in this case I think it's better to just cast a broad preventative measure and see if we can get a few SUCCESSFUL event missions completed without technical issues or outright crashes.

Another group I play with has a strictly limited-mod policy, including client-side, and I have yet to see a mission crash, even a very large one.

Missions - Another thing I hate to say: perhaps the missions should be vanilla for a few sessions too. I opened up Operation Syracuse and it only has two items that are out of the ordinary: the AC-130 gunship scripting and the viewdistance scripting. I'm not blaming them as the cause, but let's consider any possibility.

logs - please share the server logs, I think reviewing the cause is the most important step to prevention. I reviewed my local Arma.RPT file and there really isn't anything out of the ordinary.
                    1. Upon immediate contact it appeared we were being engaged to the north
                    2. Accordingly I ordered the MSR and surrounding city limits secured
                    3. I contacted JTOC over the command channel, they reported it was coming from the checkpoint (the importance/value of OPs demonstrated)
                    4. Accordingly JTOC was ordered to neutralize the checkpoint, assisted by Crusader 1.
                    5. Checkpoint was neutralized, order to remount given.

Your job is not to question orders, it's to follow them. If i'm a squad leader, my job is to listen to the CO's orders. If i'm a FTL, listen to SL. If i'm a grunt, FTL. etc.

Pro tip: don't refuse and countermand orders (thus jeopardizing the security of the entire operation), instead send an interrogative.

Comment

Re: Krause & Dimitrius,

No need to apologize, guys! I know exactly how much work goes into an event this large, and I'm honored you could call on me to lead a squad; I just feel bad I had to let you down before the mission even began.

Re: admins,

I want to stress that I think what you guys do for TG is admirable and above-par 100% of the time, and we seriously value your commitment to the game. My criticism was not due to your inabilities, but rather simply that everyone needs to strive to avoid this "critical overflow" point.

I hope my last post wasn't too bitter. I'm disappointed that I didn't get to play and help out, but [email protected]#$ happens and I understand where all the problems arose from. Next time!, and the drinks'll be on me.

Comment

Hi folks, I'll just drop my 2 pence (that's right, pence) here.

I feel that the mission was going extremely well, I was riding in Krauses Humvee as an attached medic and the level of control that HQ had was extremely good. I believe that in the time we played C&C was never going to be the issue had the mission continued.

The mission fell down slightly at the start where it took an extra ordinate amount of time to slot up. I understand that there were a lot of people to get organised. I have a solution to alleviate some of the stress of slotting up 60 people - which would be to have a screen shot of the slots on the sign up page and each person picks a slot on a first come basis. This screenshot can then simply be updated daily with who has what slot. This should cut down the time drastically as everyone already has a slot designated to them. No shows will be a problem, but as Scope said previously this is a very dedicated community and not showing up should be punished severely; as it could possibly ruin the game for everyone.

There is really nothing more to say, the Admins although obviously stressed did fine in my opinion under the conditions.

I look forward to the replay!

Comment

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
                          1. Upon immediate contact it appeared we were being engaged to the north
                          2. Accordingly I ordered the MSR and surrounding city limits secured
                          3. I contacted JTOC over the command channel, they reported it was coming from the checkpoint (the importance/value of OPs demonstrated)
                          4. Accordingly JTOC was ordered to neutralize the checkpoint, assisted by Crusader 1.
                          5. Checkpoint was neutralized, order to remount given.
                          So no one secured the north town, Bolabongo. Confirmed enemy to the south does not imply a lack of enemy to the north. I cheated a moment ago and opened the mission in the editor. Let's just say it's best not to assume anything is safe in any particular direction.

The best tactic is to deploy a perimeter around a soft target (an MTVR), which is exactly what I was doing. It may be annoying to the squad to repeatedly mount and dismount when halted, but it's better to be able to defend yourself and the convoy from that first shot, because that first shot might be something destructive (an RPG).

Alpha team had displayed the ability to mount/dismount within 15 seconds. The movement had been performed several times before your order to "shut in" (for lack of a better term). The information you provided above is interesting, but really all it does is prove an even stronger point for why your "shut in" order was wrong.

Now you can take ownership that direct order, here in the After Action Report, and attempt to justify it. You can correctly state that you had complete authority as XO during the mission, but here we can examine you orders more carefully.

After your order, Alpha sat in a defenseless position for 3 minutes (halt #4 on map below) before the convoy moved. At the next convoy halt, we sat in a defenseless position for 8 minutes very close to potentially hostile positions (halt #5).

When they convoy moved again over the hill to the north (054:035) which had been overlooking our low position there the entire time, there was an RPG attack on the lead vehicle. Moments later, the Ambulance Hummer was dispatched.

How secure was that area?

What if the noise from the firefight with the southern checkpoint had alerted the NE checkpoint at 058:031 (a known enemy location within 400m of halt #5 position)? Or the NW checkpoint at 048:031?

What if Bolabongo was not cleared of enemy RPGs?

Most importantly, how was the convoy going to benefit by reducing the number of guns and eyes on the horizon from approximately 20 (Alpha + Bravo + M2 Hummer + Bradley) to perhaps 3 (mounted Hummer gunner + Bradley crew with "eyes")?

Was the brief time to load men into MTVRs too much to trade for convoy security?

Does any of this justify micromanaging a squad leader's deployment of a defensive perimeter around a soft target like an MTVR?

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
                          Your job is not to question orders, it's to follow them. If i'm a squad leader, my job is to listen to the CO's orders. If i'm a FTL, listen to SL. If i'm a grunt, FTL. etc.

Pro tip: don't refuse and countermand orders (thus jeopardizing the security of the entire operation), instead send an interrogative.
                          This is absolutely correct and I apologize. My mutinous response of "negative" and requiring the order to be re-issued was a terrible response. It was my mistake and directly relates to my level of frustration, which is unacceptable. It won't happen again.

Approximate halt positions:
                          issue raised - time ordered to remain inside of soft truck near hostiles

halt - 3 minutes
                          halt2 -6 minutes
                          halt3 - 4 minutes
                          halt4 -3 minutes (ordered inside MTVR)
                          halt5- 8 minutes (remained inside MTVR as ordered)

Comment

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post
                            So no one secured the north town, Bolabongo. Confirmed enemy to the south does not imply a lack of enemy to the north. I cheated a moment ago and opened the mission in the editor. Let's just say it's best not to assume anything is safe in any particular direction.

The best tactic is to deploy a perimeter around a soft target (an MTVR), which is exactly what I was doing. It may be annoying to the squad to repeatedly mount and dismount when halted, but it's better to be able to defend yourself and the convoy from that first shot, because that first shot might be something destructive (an RPG).

Alpha team had displayed the ability to mount/dismount within 15 seconds. The movement had been performed several times before your order to "shut in" (for lack of a better term). The information you provided above is interesting, but really all it does is prove an even stronger point for why your "shut in" order was wrong.

Now you can take ownership that direct order, here in the After Action Report, and attempt to justify it. You can correctly state that you had complete authority as XO during the mission, but here we can examine you orders more carefully.

After your order, Alpha sat in a defenseless position for 3 minutes (halt #4 on map below) before the convoy moved. At the next convoy halt, we sat in a defenseless position for 8 minutes very close to potentially hostile positions (halt #5).

When they convoy moved again over the hill to the north (054:035) which had been overlooking our low position there the entire time, there was an RPG attack on the lead vehicle. Moments later, the Ambulance Hummer was dispatched.

How secure was that area?

What if the noise from the firefight with the southern checkpoint had alerted the NE checkpoint at 058:031 (a known enemy location within 400m of halt #5 position)? Or the NW checkpoint at 048:031?

What if Bolabongo was not cleared of enemy RPGs?

Most importantly, how was the convoy going to benefit by reducing the number of guns and eyes on the horizon from approximately 20 (Alpha + Bravo + M2 Hummer + Bradley) to perhaps 3 (mounted Hummer gunner + Bradley crew with "eyes")?

Was the brief time to load men into MTVRs too much to trade for convoy security?

Does any of this justify micromanaging a squad leader's deployment of a defensive perimeter around a soft target like an MTVR?

This is absolutely correct and I apologize. My mutinous response of "negative" and requiring the order to be re-issued was a terrible response. It was my mistake and directly relates to my level of frustration, which is unacceptable. It won't happen again.

Approximate halt positions:
                            issue raised - time ordered to remain inside of soft truck near hostiles

halt - 3 minutes
                            halt2 -6 minutes
                            halt3 - 4 minutes
                            halt4 -3 minutes (ordered inside MTVR)
                            halt5- 8 minutes (remained inside MTVR as ordered)

1. At no time was the MTVR engaged by enemy - which was more than 175 meters away from the Crusader 1 forward element.
                            2. When we did have contact, it was to our east and was directed at JTOC and possibly the bradley.
                            3. You were not present at the briefing and thus missed the intelligence report, and have no idea what you are talking about in regards to an enemy presence in Bollabongo. HQ had also established OPs overlooking the AO to corroborate the intelligence report on the ground.
                            4. As was said repeatedly, we were supposed to move quickly to RP3. The only reason there was any delay was directly because of you dismounting against orders, refusing to rejoin the order of march, intentionally ignoring orders and thus JEOPARDIZING THE SECURITY OF THE ENTIRE CONVOY. I personally waited at least 5 minutes for you to rejoin the order of march at several points, saying "Alpha form up behind charlie, alpha form up behind charlie." The entire convoy waited for you to reform.
                            5. The checkpoints you are referring to were neutralized by the special forces teams before you decided to start refusing orders (Besides the one to the north, which was mistakenly confirmed as clear by JTOC but was nonetheless cleared in a few moments upon contact by Crusader 1's highly competent crew).
                            6. I made no attempts at micromanaging your squad - my intent was to move quickly to RP3, quickly neutralizing any contacts on the way. You were acting in a way detrimental to that intent and so were corrected.

In conclusion, follow orders. You're the only person who had a problem with what was going on ,and your disobedience caused general confusion amongst all squads. As a squad leader your supposed to reduce problems for command, not create them.
                            Last edited by tyrspawn; 01-19-2010, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Simmer down gents, there's no reason to get upset. There is a clear difference in opinion between you two, that's fine. But at least don't get angry about this stuff.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X