Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake's 24 mission

Off the top of my head, as per our conservation:

1. Conceal the spawn of the gas station guys, you can add all sorts of vegetation and shrubbery in OSX section of objects (added with last update). You could create a forest surrounding it, a shanty village... so many options.
    2. Desert mercs/special forces operator models (whatever kezei uses in op swift)
    3. Put an AI co-pilot into the blackhawk to reduce the "OMG IM GOING TO CRASH" chatter which will happen every single time its played. Also looks cooler if you don't have a commando in the co-pilot seat for no reason.
    4. More time to setup, keep in mind it will take even longer for things to get organized with a platoon sized team playing it. OR ELSE stress the importance in the briefing of moving to her quickly so commanders can send a quick team to get the documents.
    5. More flashbangs in ammo crates (only 20 as it is now) and introduce gas grenades, especially for m32. It would be cool if you could use more less lethal stuff.
    6. BLUFOR AI on the base, wandering around and doing AI stuff (as per Mkoll)
    7. A more prominent indicator that you are supposed to be retreating across the bridge, perhaps a message across the screen or something. I didn't figure it out for about 15-20 seconds what the timer meant.
    8. Maybe a picture of the target AI put into the briefing.
    9. Embassy marker
    10. An explanation of how you are supposed to interrogate the AI after he flees in his car - I don't think anyone would figure out on their own how to do it. The whole "Shooting him in the leg" thing is highly unreliable as well.

also....
    Balaclavas for everyone!

Re: Snake's 24 mission

Originally posted by tyrspawn View Post
    Off the top of my head, as per our conservation:

1. Conceal the spawn of the gas station guys, you can add all sorts of vegetation and shrubbery in OSX section of objects (added with last update). You could create a forest surrounding it, a shanty village... so many options.
    2. Desert mercs/special forces operator models (whatever kezei uses in op swift)
    3. Put an AI co-pilot into the blackhawk to reduce the "OMG IM GOING TO CRASH" chatter which will happen every single time its played. Also looks cooler if you don't have a commando in the co-pilot seat for no reason.
    4. More time to setup, keep in mind it will take even longer for things to get organized with a platoon sized team playing it. OR ELSE stress the importance in the briefing of moving to her quickly so commanders can send a quick team to get the documents.
    5. More flashbangs in ammo crates (only 20 as it is now) and introduce gas grenades, especially for m32. It would be cool if you could use more less lethal stuff.
    6. BLUFOR AI on the base, wandering around and doing AI stuff (as per Mkoll)
    7. A more prominent indicator that you are supposed to be retreating across the bridge, perhaps a message across the screen or something. I didn't figure it out for about 15-20 seconds what the timer meant.
    8. Maybe a picture of the target AI put into the briefing.
    9. Embassy marker
    10. An explanation of how you are supposed to interrogate the AI after he flees in his car - I don't think anyone would figure out on their own how to do it. The whole "Shooting him in the leg" thing is highly unreliable as well.

also....
    Balaclavas for everyone!
    First off, thanks again to all of you who tested the mission and special thanks to impulse for hosting it!

1. Definitely will be working on that
    2. maybe... will have to think about it
    3. not enough cargo space in the mh-60 atm
    4. briefing does mention about moving to her quickly before she gets compromised
    5. I could do that, not a problem
    6. might cause server performance to go down with AIs at base... will think about it.
    7. there was a side chat message from "CTU" to get across the bridge and a hint message on the top right corner of screen
    8. maybe.. most likely.. just need to find a free software to convert pics into .paa format
    9. definitely will do that
    10. will put an explanation in the gameplay notes.

Thanks for the AAR and the feedbacks! Depending how busy I am, we will see if all these things listed will be implemented. Thanks again for the test!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Not sure if you know this already, but for putting images in briefings, JPEG works. Only limitation is that its height and width have to be powers of two (not necessarily the same, though; 256*512 will work, for instance). Plus, the terrible artifacting from minimum-quality JPG compression emulates crappy surveillance photos perfectly! :p

I haven't seen or played the mission, so I can't say anything about that... but it sure sounds like fun ;).

Comment

Originally posted by nthamma View Post
        First off, thanks again to all of you who tested the mission and special thanks to impulse for hosting it!

1. Definitely will be working on that
        2. maybe... will have to think about it
        3. not enough cargo space in the mh-60 atm
        4. briefing does mention about moving to her quickly before she gets compromised
        5. I could do that, not a problem
        6. might cause server performance to go down with AIs at base... will think about it.
        7. there was a side chat message from "CTU" to get across the bridge and a hint message on the top right corner of screen
        8. maybe.. most likely.. just need to find a free software to convert pics into .paa format
        9. definitely will do that
        10. will put an explanation in the gameplay notes.

Thanks for the AAR and the feedbacks! Depending how busy I am, we will see if all these things listed will be implemented. Thanks again for the test!
        BTW I was working in the editor today and found the models I was talking about.

Men (FR) under USMC.

Comment

Got to play this yesterday. I'm not sure if Zeus AI has been enabled or if it was just that the AI skill was maxed out, but it was a blast. The AI was murderous, leaning around corners and shooting people within a second of sighting them. We had one of the most intense extractions I've ever played through when we had to pull out of the compound after the interrogation.

Later, during the bridge defense, I was desperately shooting off M32 rounds at the oncoming BMPs and then switching to the M249 to hold back the squads on the other bank. Another intense firefight.

To end it with a bang, the bridge blew exactly as the last enemy BRDM was almost clearing the bridge, bringing it down into the not-so-icy waters below. Overall, a great experience.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X