AAR from a soldiers perspective

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAR from a soldiers perspective

I can't really remember what the name of the mission is but its the one where you have to take out the Iraqi Republican Guard. Anyways, mission started out pretty solid, we organized into our fire teams, command set up a plan, and then loaded up in our Strykers. We set off following the highway on the Afghan Village map but staying west of it behind the berm, we were supposed to turn and go over to a way point but there was confusion and the Strykers went too far north. we stopped, doubled back and began crossing over the berm. The Stryker I was traveling in was hit with an IED, only a few manged to escape the Stryker before it blew up. Then back at spawn, we loaded up into another Stryker, and headed out to link up with the survivors. Once dismounted we basically spent the rest of the time maneuvering through compound until we came under heavy enemy fire. I lost track of my fire team and found myself with command and the platoon medics and members of the other squad. To my north a Stryker pulled up onto a hill and began firing just a short distance away from my position. I spent a couple minutes dodging bullets when I saw an RPG hit the Stryker damaging its wheels, after the hit a 240 bravo gunner jumped out and slumped to the ground wounded. I waited for one of the medics to run to his aid but none did. Then another RPG hit the Stryker and I decided to take risky but necessary action. I broke from my cover and ran through a big open area towards the wounded man. All i saw was rounds hitting the ground around me and hearing bullet cracks and ricochets. I reached the wounded friendly without taking a hit. He got up and began to move and I could see he was hit badly and bleeding quite a bit. Seeing he was up I positioned myself behind the Stryker so that i could provide covering fire while he ran for the medics. I told him to go, and that I'll cover, fired a few shots, and turned around to see that he had passed out unconscious. I had no other choice other than carrying him to safety. So I lifted him up on my shoulders and started moving to the medics as fast as I could. Others seeing me coming with the wounded man ran out to provide cover fire. Half way to safety I was shot(still not sure where seeing how no wounds were visible on my body) but kept going. Once I got behind a wall I set him down and the medics went to work. I called out that I was hit but continued to fire at the enemy position. After a few minutes a medic came and patched me up, and I returned to my squad. Once with members of my squad I was told that my fire team was trying to flank around to the right and that I should link up with them. On my way to their position I suddenly heard the Apache and looked up to see it fly very low over head, deploy flares, fire rockets into the enemy position, and takes multiple hits that disabled its tail rotor and caused it to crash. All this happened withing 30 seconds and it caused me to stop and watch it all go down. I took a few seconds to get my bearings and linked up with my fire team. We walked to the end of a wall where trying to move out from behind it meant certain death. I stayed at the edge of the wall and would fire a few rounds at enemies that happened to stick their heads up. I was wounded, got medical treatment and returned to fire at the enemy. After doing this for 10 mins I was hit badly and passed out. Withing a minute of going down I was back up and fighting again(kudos to whoever came to my aid). After that went spent time just mopping up whatever enemies were left and the mission was called.
    Arma name: Cueball, -19D-Cueball, or L.Cpl. Vowels
    PR name: Sleeper68, Cu3b4ll
    2142:sleeper68

Re: AAR from a soldiers perspective

Originally posted by Cueball View Post
    I can't really remember what the name of the mission is but its the one where you have to take out the Iraqi Republican Guard.
    I think its called Operation Hope.

Originally posted by Cueball View Post
    So I lifted him up on my shoulders and started moving to the medics as fast as I could. Others seeing me coming with the wounded man ran out to provide cover fire. Half way to safety I was shot(still not sure where seeing how no wounds were visible on my body) but kept going.
    Sounds like you took it to 'em. :) Is this the AAR for today's mission or yesterday's?

I've had fun playing this mission. Plenty of AI for everyone, and I like how the mission easily enables the infantry to dismount and secure the structures while the Strykers can give overwatch. Good setting for the mission.

My only problem is that with all that AI, my FPS goes down the tubes. I can still play it, but it obviously isn't as fun as it would be if my FPS was better.
    |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

Is this the chopper that got shot down? If it was, it was the second time he came around that he got shot down. He landed safely though.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1QBi5g5d7s[/media]
      Last edited by JohnnyBoy755; 01-25-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Is this the mission I was leading?

I remmember our chopper going down in the middle of town. will give an AAR on it in this thread if it was...

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
        Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Originally posted by jaynus View Post
          Is this the mission I was leading?

I remmember our chopper going down in the middle of town. will give an AAR on it in this thread if it was...
          Yeah, it was either you or Headshot but I'm thinking it was you.

1-1-A went and picked up the pilot, if that helps you remember anything lol.

Oh wait, it's the Afghan Village map he's talking about, my video isn't on the Afghan Village map.

Comment

no completely different mission, this one was of Afghan Village, i dnt remember who was leading, the only names i remember from the mission is the guy i saved, Lowblow i think it was, and i believe it was last friday night or saturday morning, i know im a lil late on the AAR on that mission
            Arma name: Cueball, -19D-Cueball, or L.Cpl. Vowels
            PR name: Sleeper68, Cu3b4ll
            2142:sleeper68

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse