X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FalloutTactics beta 01/27/10 - AAR

Hey, leave your AAR here please.

Re: FalloutTactics beta 01/27/10 - AAR

Well! I'll happily leave the first response!

We started off with only two factions; The Enclave (Blufor) and Brotherhood of steel (Opfor). For the first game, the Raiders (Independents) weren't used. Short and sweet - people saw TvT was up and the server filled up rather quickly so Mikee decided to restart!

haha

The intro sets the scene, a war torn after apocalyptic wasteland, fitting for my sorry lot as me and a few others ended up on the Raiders, a rag tag group of rebels whom had little supplies and vehicles with hardly a drop of gas! Well. My crew decided to load up in the Mi17 and para drop into the Enclave. As others whom played found out - this was a very haphazard approach. We didn't get very far. And after the first helicopter re-spawn - it re-spawned broken (by default, I'm sure) so that it was in good enough condition to fly, but crappy enough condition to leak its fuel within 3 minutes time! haha.

I'll tell you what though, flying over that desert waste land was cool stuff! Anyone see, "The Book of Eli?" That's exactly what it reminded me of. And driving around the desert in rebel Coyotas or trusty Kamazs, without a soul in sight was eerie. Large, tattered sky scrapers and city scapes off in the haze also set a magnificent tone to the game.

The map overall - was a DELIGHT. I think some people complained of lag, but I didn't have much issue myself.

My suggestions though, Enclave is too difficult to breach without armor that respawns (even if it's a 5 minute or longer respawn) so either up the armor support or make Enclave a little more drafty. . . Or both! It's nearly impossible to get in. I don't know if that was the intention, but it was frustrating considering the lack of defensive structure around other objectives.

Also, I know this isn't Mikee's fault - but what was with those darned ammo crates?! Those things were a pain! Hopefully someone can bring that issue up with ACE in bug reporting? Mikee??

My main suggestion is to soften up Enclave a bit. Otherwise - amazing time. VERY DETAILED. VERY IMMERSIVE.

But perhaps, perhaps one of Mikee's goals in building this great map was seeing how well waring factions could become allies, if only for a moment, to CRUSH Enclave! LOL. Maybe with both Factions working together we could have done it. But, playing for the first time I don't think any of us knew that.

Next time I'll know that Raiders and The Brothers of Steel need to combine forces. I'll do the footwork on that one ;)

GOOD JOB MIKEE! THANKS FOR THE GREAT MAP! Keep at it!

And. . . How in the world can we fuel vehicles that are out of gas? is there a special way to do this? Like a fuel can one can pick up? Or once out of gas, are the vehicles out of gas until they respawn?

Reason being - me and the rebels were really eyeballing that T72 at the National Guard armory. Until we found it wouldn't crank over!
    Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

Position: Enclave CO
      Team: Miles, Impulse, Mikee, Waldo, Johnny to start; with some JIPs (Spock, Protobob, ?)

I started after the resart and our first objective was to set up defenses in our vault. A good thing too because we were immedietly attacked by both factions. We mined the cave entrances and set up a defense in depth all the way back to our scientists. We repelled an initial armor/infantry assault and were lucky enought o track he Bradley right at a choke point. An air-assault by Opfor was also repulsed. After that it was incredibly easy to defend our base against sporadic infantry. No fault to the other teams, you guys tried but the terrain was all in our favor. I sent out a raiding party that I believe almost managed to destroy the GNR objective, but Mikee and Johnny can comment more on that as the assault commanders.

I stayed on for about another hour, beefing up the defense and dragging the bodies of fallen enemies into a secondary re-armament/medical point as the ammo boxes are incredibly difficult to use effectively. When I left at about 22:45 EST all was status quo.
      Last edited by Donegal; 01-28-2010, 11:47 AM.
      The Don Abides...

Comment

GNC Radio Assault - Mikee and Johnyy.

We were able to sneak into the building with radiotower on top. Johnyy was spotted and soon killed, but he managed to kill at least 1-2 guys. I was equipped with crap load of gas grenades and decided to use them. Gas grenades were dropped all over the first floor and I started pushing to the roof, killing at least 2 guys on my way. When I got on the top floor, I figured out that theres no more satchels in my gear, so I used M136 on radiotower without success. I killed one more guy who tried to stop me on rooftop and then got shot.

Sorry, I'm not too good in writing AAR :P

Comment

I was on the Brotherhood of Steel team (I think, not sure on the names). We started out in the Pentagon ruins at the far north, and our task was to defend the radio tower and kill the Enclave's scientists. Krause was the CO, and the team was made up of Dredge, Merritt, Socomseal, CroMagnonTX and probably other people I forgot about.

I'll just do this as a list of highlights, as I can't really remember the order in which these things happened.

Right at the start our plan was to hop in the Osprey ASAP and catch the enclave "with their pants 'round their ankles" (actual quote). This didn't quite go as planned as we took longer than expected, but we eventually set down near the vault entrance, taking fire from an unknown position. We legged it into the tunnel and I managed to cap one or two Vault-dwellers with my M60 before they got all of us.

We did a second assault with four people in a SF humvee. Basically we just charged in guns blazing and managed to kill several Vault defenders standing in the middle of the tunnel. Unfortunately by then the tracked Bradley was blocking the chokepoint already and eventually a claymore or anti-tank mine got us.

Next time we respawned Krause called for reinforcements to the radio station, as they were under attack. I suggested we use the Osprey for recon and Dredge took off to survey the open desert west of the city ruins where the radio station was located. We got blown up once by a clever person hiding in a ruined house, but managed to kill him when he came back.

We went around the back of the Vault in a SF humvee once, and ended up chasing a covered truck full of troops. They crashed into a house and bailed out, and I managed to kill three of them before the remaining one hiding behind the cab of the truck killed us.

Later on when it was just me and Merritt we had to set off in an unarmed truck since we'd both been killed while driving our Humvees, but the vehicles themselves hadn't been destroyed, so they wouldn't respawn. We loaded up with satchels and headed out in a truck to destroy them. I believe we were about to do that when the mission ended.

Comment

Originally posted by cctoide View Post
            We got blown up once by a clever person hiding in a ruined house, but managed to kill him when he came back.
            That was me :D. You guys injured me critically and I began getting unconscious. I knew that death is close, so I decided to set satchels under my body. I detonated satchels when I saw you guys closing in, killing myself and I don't know how many others.

Comment

Is the mission going back on the server? Yet again i missed it :p
              Damn conspiracy!!!!!!!
              Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                Is the mission going back on the server? Yet again i missed it :p
                Damn conspiracy!!!!!!!
                Admins tried to upload new version, but there were some issues with upload/server not seeing the mission. It will go back on server when Admins solve the upload problem. Which, I'm sure will be pretty soon.

Don't worry, you will have chance to play it. This is basically regular tvt - blufor, opfor, independent mission, but in destroyed world. That's why it was named Fallout Tactics :).

Comment

Originally posted by cctoide View Post

We went around the back of the Vault in a SF humvee once, and ended up chasing a covered truck full of troops. They crashed into a house and bailed out, and I managed to kill three of them before the remaining one hiding behind the cab of the truck killed us.
                  lmao. That was freaking hilarious. That was me behind the cab. One of you guys killed me though. We (The Raiders) were going to mount an attack on the vault entrance then someone from my truck yelled taking fire and I, the driver bailed the Kamaz for the cover of the buildings because I had no clue where the fire was coming from. I thought it was vault defenders. So I go to 3rd person view and see that it's a damned SF HUMVEE bristling with guns. Unfortunately in my haste to get away I oversteered and crashed us into the ruined house. When I bailed out I was safely on the other side of the cab from where your HUMVEE stopped. Unfortunately my team got slaughtered since they had to bail out the back of the truck. I killed the main turret gunner, the back left seat passenger and the driver before getting taken out by the guy who had gotten out of the right seat.

haha. Good times
                  Also Known As; ENDER

Comment

Ah I was the one flying the blackhawk for enclave. I landed that bird about 8 times in that small hole and it was very awkward without 3rd person on. At one point I had touched down almost right on top of a technical i didnt get an eye on what it was because i got out of there ASAP. Other than that i had loads of fun flying. At one point we tried taking down the osprey with the MGs mounted on the blackhawk. That didnt work though :/ . The helis are very hard to take out while in the air on this mission. I guess you gotta nab the bird while it sleeps? Id say dont ever add anti-air..... And maybe an objective in rivet city?(the Carrier)

Comment

Originally posted by waldo170 View Post
                      At one point we tried taking down the osprey with the MGs mounted on the blackhawk. That didnt work though :/
                      Thats cause I was flying the Osprey.....Im the Mavrick of arma..lol

Great work by all. I really enjoyed this mission. I had fun driving the humvee down the entrance to the enclave lighting up everything and everyone. I had to bail early because of technical/admin issues but overall good round. A three way TvT was just epic craziness. You never know where they are coming from or where to defend. A very nice element for us, it was new AND exciting. Just like the ShamWOW cloth. lol :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                        Thats cause I was flying the Osprey.....Im the Mavrick of arma..lol
                        your very funny dredge

Comment

I love this mission, too bad so many others are too inpatient to actually give it a try. They would rather disconnect like the frolicking little animals they are...
                          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X