Iraq Invasion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq Invasion

Post your AAR's here guys as well as a few mission editing suggestions if you have any. The Apache is gone, due to h3killa wanting to kill everything for us. lol. I feel that given the situation it was a bit over powered. Now its a straight Infantry with Tank support style mission.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Iraq Invasion

I only played for about 10 minutes because I got distracted but from the briefing I didn't really have an idea of what was going on - what battle it was etc.

As soon as I spawned a t-72 was rolling around in the US Spawn. I leaped in an Abrams and killed it. Very strange.

I liked the background ambience when the mission loaded and was dissapointed when it stopped looping.

Comment

Yeah I think the T-72 followed one of the other tanks back when they went to repair. The background combat is looped properly for the final release.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
        Yeah I think the T-72 followed one of the other tanks back when they went to repair. The background combat is looped properly for the final release.
        Would you be willing to share said code? ^_^

Comment

DOnt really have an AAR since i wasnt there that long but there were no
          medical supplies at base and only 1 bandage epi and morph at spawn
          which vanished at respawn.

SO i think it needs more medical supplies
          To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

I liked the mission. I led Alpha Squad, A 10-12 man infantry section. I loved the chopper support but it made comms very tough. That was a tough way to start, getting blown up less than 300 M from base...yikes.

I'd be fun to have scripted arty or A-10 support in this mission, ala Krause's new Force Recon mission.

I felt like we only completed half the job. Maybe adding another task like capturing a point on the Northern edge of the city. Could this be because the choppa killed most of the enemy for us?

or ...keep the chopper and significantly increase AA presence. Remember some of those Domi maps from ARMA 1 where the island had randomly placed shilkas that had to be eliminated to use the air assets? It'd be neat to add a special forces section tasked with destroying the AA before the chopper can take off. Perhaps have the spec ops guys halo in to another location on the map and have them rv with the main force after they accomplish thier mission......ok enough...i'm going overboard now...

Thanks for contributing so much to the ARMA scene by creating your missions!
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

The mission is overall nice, but there are certain areas that are lacking. Having played through all the mission as a tank crewman, one of the biggest issues was the lack of medical equipment: dieing of bloodloss because I couldn't take a single bandage with me is no fun.
              Another problem is that the support trucks were useless: we had to rtb a couple of times for various reasons and after trying time and time again to fix/reload the tank, me and my commander decided to simply "screw it, let's grab another tank" :p
              Lastly tank warfare is getting harder and harder, but that's not a mission issue: there are certain ACE "features" that I really do not like when I'm in a tank. :D

To sum it up: fun mission, needs medical equipment and working service trucks.

Also I want to apologise again to the two pilots that I ran over when I was rtb with a tank: I was text-replying to a message and when I tried to stop, the button press wasn't registering (there's a small delay between the sending of a chat message and when the controls respond again. Or it could be that my old, crappy keyboard is about to kick the proverbial bucket) and I didn't know that that was a spawn location.
              Speaking of which, I almost bled to death again INSIDE the base when a tank respawned on top of me (we really need medical equip) :D
              sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Added medical supplies. I dont know why the medics didnt have any. I will see about putting in another objective. There are now more infantry around and each step forward to the radar is going to be a fight.

No clue why the trucks were not working. Do i have to add in the MMA reload thing?

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I think there was a bug with the ACE repair stuff, think it has been solved in latest releases. Either way, it is new now. You have to drive a repair truck up to the vehicle (CLOSE, ie: almost touching) and wait a certain amount of time, up to 10 mins for APCs, or 20 mins for jets. There is apparently a progress bar as well.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                    I think there was a bug with the ACE repair stuff, think it has been solved in latest releases. Either way, it is new now. You have to drive a repair truck up to the vehicle (CLOSE, ie: almost touching) and wait a certain amount of time, up to 10 mins for APCs, or 20 mins for jets. There is apparently a progress bar as well.
                    The progress bar is visible to the driver only, or to both him and the crew of the vehicle that is being repaired?
                    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...