Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call To Arms - Friday 17th Dec

Good evening gents,

The RIP clan has an arranged TvT scrim with another UK based clan, the TOUR clan this coming Friday 17th Dec and we require the help of some Merc's to boost our numbers.

The event is based on a few custom made "Attack & Defend" maps with each team taking it in turns to play each side. It is hoped to be a 25 v 25 (ish), so we will require about 10 players from this community to help us out, including SL's, FTL's, grunts and maybe even pilots (depending on which mission played).

Here comes the crunch....

The time for this event is 20:00 GMT on Friday 17th Dec, so please be aware if you are state-side, this will be mid afternoon for you, so please don't sign up if you will not be available to play at this time.

RIP will be doing a training session this coming Monday 13th, but this is not a requirement but role-call will be about 19:00 GMT on Friday 17th with preference going to those who have signed up first but there is a good chance that there will be some no-shows, so if you are reading this on or about Friday, please show up as there is a good chance of a game. It is expected for the event to last about 2 hours but may go on further if enough players are interested.

Location for event: RIP Public TvT server (server will be locked once event starts)
    Comms: RIP TS3 (ts3.rustyinplaces.org)

Any questions, please ask and start signing up now please...
    [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Re: Call To Arms - Friday 17th Dec

I'm in for grunt role and I can fly if really, really needed (no jets, please) :)
    sigpic
    Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Cheers Niko...

BTW, I've had a few guys pull out of the event from RIP, so there will now be about 15 slots available so please feel free to put your name down and come alone for some TvT fun (oh yes, this is a friendly event but we have agreed it will be played in a serious manor - like doing coop missions)..

Here's some screenies of the objectives...

Comment

i so wish i could play this, but im at work :\ oh well maybe next time!

Comment

Aye, you may have my aid, oh RIP one.

Or something

Pew pew grunt - yes
          Hard as nails FTL - yes
          Last day before retirement SL - yes
          Haphazard pilot - only if there's cookies, if cookies then yes, wing or rotars

Anything else - as long as it doesn't involve tow rope, a usb port and a nice old lady named Nancy we're all good.

Comment

I'd be interested in coming along, what sort of mod requirements do I need to have? I'd be happy to hump a ruck and rifle for you guys.

Comment

We have agreed that STHUD (with CBA) is allowed but all other mods are not (with the exception of sound mods such as VOP or JSRS). This is a pure TvT challenge so nothing that can aid your ability is allowed (with the exception of STHUD).

TS will also be muted in a gentleman's agreement with only in-game VON allowed to help increase the immersion of game-play....

Comment

Sign me up!

I can do most anything from being a regular rifleman to helicopter pilot (Haven't had much experience with armoured vehicles). As for leadership abilities I am a confident fireteam leader.
                ​​​​​​​

Comment

the closer we get to the event, the more sign ups we will get :D
                  sigpic
                  Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

IŽll be there.
                    Available as pilot, grunt or FTL.

Air Alex

Comment

Mods are very limited and our server is signed (with Battleye), mods allowed for the event with be:

CBA (non- ACE version)
                      STHUD
                      Elias Sound 2 OA
                      RH heli sounds OA
                      J.S.R.S. - Jarhead's Sounds Redeployment Systems
                      VopSound
                      CSM2 Sounds for ArmA 2: British Armed Forces

The RIP PvP Server is password protected and currently up to test if you can connect. Password is available via our TS3 channel on ts3.rustyinplaces.org - standard port..

Comment

Damnit! Stuff has come up and I wont be able to make it :/
                        ​​​​​​​

Comment

Heads up new mush starting could use another guy or two to even it up!

Comment

Was a nice evening of TvT, eventhough I didn't manage to get any kills in both missions :P

Comment

Indeed awesome, first mission it was fairly lame you were taken out by a jaggy M2 tripod :/ def the best one out of them

Especially since if you had lived, I guarantee you would have taken at least 3-5 kills (providing your aim was good), had 3 enemy FTs just lined in my sights several times.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X