Airborne mission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airborne mission

I'm working on a airborne mission for at least 12 players. There would be a few problems though that will probably keep it off the TG servers though.

1.It requires addons mainly because there isn't a suitable plane to jump from in Arma and I wanted to use the UK units
    2.Requires the QG expansion not sure why I don't think I have anything in there that QG uses.

I'd probably use one of the BAS templates to make it and I'm also using the RTE editor for placing ground units.
    "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Re: Airborne mission

Sounds good mate, drop me a note if you want to discuss some unis that are likely to be on the "Required TG Mod list" which we are currently working out.

Best
    BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Get rid of the QG requirement and it'll probably have a tonne more downloads,
      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Actually I didn't really use anything in QG apparently merely saving in it is what caused it.

Comment

OK starting to place objects and units in and hopefully all you will need is the addons that are in the phase 1 post.

Ok so here is a screen shot of one of a small SLA base please note it's in daylight so it can be seen and no units are visable in the picture.

[media]http://media3.dropshots.com/photos/158953/20081016/b_163905.jpg[/media]

The actual mission will take place at night.

Comment

Those "Field Toliets" are from QG. Have to remove them if you want to play it without QG.

Comment

OK and another thing, what are the little sandbag walls called? I cannot find them anywhere. I am using the RTeditor and most of the buildings seem to be named in german?

But I have been looking for that small sandbag wall for ages!!

BD1
              BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Wood fence, second to last on the empty>objects list.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                  Those "Field Toliets" are from QG. Have to remove them if you want to play it without QG.
                  Oh ok I had parts of DBE1.pbo in my regular arma addons folder not sure how it ended up there

Comment

Well not sure if my mission will be released since there seem to be problems with the addons in multiplayer also my video card is fried so I have to wait a few days till I get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                      I can confirm this. Field toliets are QG stuff. Also.. the LARGE RED radio towers are Queens Gambit.

Just a thought. Its fine if you want to use other addons. I'm encouraging you to edit the map and have a version for tactical gamer using the ACE mod. Perhapse have a playable helocopter which transports other players to the drop zone.

Tactical Gamer is in need of more maps. I strongly encourage you to make a TG release and make it playable on the server with ACE mod. Your already placing the units down, so it wouldn't be too much effort to make another varient of it.

Goodluck,
                      Adam
                      Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Actually this mission has been canned if an admin can lock it would appreciate it.

Comment

I had real trouble with this same problem when i was making my Operation Black Falcon mission. I ultimately ended up uninstalling Queens Gambit from my computer, which resulted in a bunch of error messages when i started the mission. I was then able to identify the Queens Gambit objects from the error messages that popped up, and removed them from the mission.sqm file. Even though I had thought that I did not put, or have taken out all the Queens Gambit stuff from the mission, I ended up removing a bunch of stuff from the mission.sqm file that I didn't even know. If you decide to do the same, then there may also be a time when u get an error message that does not show the specific object that keeps the mission from starting. This is b/c there might be blank [cfgVehicles=""] in your mission.sqm file, so u gotta remove those as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X