X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Rhino

This is a copy of Sam's post on his new mission:>

Operation Rhino "persistentish" for Avgani

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, been toiling away on this for two days now. I'm not completely done adding stuff but it seems exceptionally playable.

Basically I'm trying to create as realistic an insurgency situation as the game allows. I also took cues off the wonderful mission UN In Bangango.

Two sides, one a small group of civilian rebels. They are tasked with destroying various bits of infrastructure and interfering with the Marine operations. Conversely, the Marines have to simultaneously launch patrols to defend the various infrastructure and complete a variety of other tasks.

There is also a number of AI rebels in the town some guarding the Marine's offensive objectives, some simply waiting in ambush.

Its respawn with a 65second timer. Marines spawn back at a FOB, however, when the insurgents are killed they have a 50% chance of spawning at their strong point or a 50% chance of being jailed at a detention center. If they end up jailed they will currently have to be busted out by fellow insurgents.

The Marines get a wide variety of hummers and 5tons while the rebels get 2 mortars and some civilian vehicles. The amount of ammo is fixed and limited. After some time of not recovering ammo and wasting resources your side will feel the effects.

There's also cars in traffic patterns and unarmed civilians which neither side wants to kill walking around in what I hope are random patterns.

US Briefing:

Quote:
    Today we hit the ground hard in Avgani. The mission is simple, minimize casualties, prevent civilian deaths, protect the infrastructure marked in blue, and complete the objectives below. This is a significant assignment and it cannot all be completed at once. Prioritize and remember human life is most important. When all objectives are complete report to the command tent at the FOB.

Protect key community assets including the fuel depot, public transportation (two buses), the water tower, the RACS tank depot and the power substation(US)

Protect the Prime Minister(US)

Destroy insurgent fuel supply 1(yellow barrel)(US)

Destroy insurgent fuel supply 2(yellow barrel)(US)

Destroy insurgent fuel supply 3(yellow barrel)(US)

Destroy insurgent fuel supply 4(yellow barrel)(US)

Deliver one ammo truck to the police ammo depot(US)

Assassinate the rebel leader, he is touring the city today and wearing a black suit with white tie and carrying his signature pistol(US)

Protect the detention center to prevent escape(US)

Rebel Briefing:

Quote:
    The mission is straight forward today. Destroy Avgani's vital infrastructure without harming civilians. Also attempt to disrupt any operations launched by American forces. Once all objectives are complete report to the command tent.

Destroy the water tower(Civ)

Destroy the power station(Civ)

Destroy the RACS tanks at their tank depot(Civ)

Kill the Prime Minister(Civ)

Destroy the fuel depot(Civ)

Harass US forces, killing as many as possible(Civ)

I'm a bit stuck on a few things though,
    how do you deploy wire from specific 5 ton trucks?
    Is there a way to transfer someone out of jail after a specific time limit?

Sam Hoy

__________________________________________________ __________________
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Operation Rhino

Maybe for the jail thing, you could have one AI looking in a room with the rebel, and if he steps beyond a certain point, bang.

As for the mission, I like it... I think this would go well on one of the new maps. Sahrani isn't the best place for Rebel Uprisings, in my opinion. We need a remote, jungle/dessert island.

Comment

Maybe for the jail thing, you could have one AI looking in a room with the rebel, and if he steps beyond a certain point, bang.
      As it is now, the Marines either have to guard the detention center, or not. They can put static guards to prevent escape, or they can not protect it at all and hope that no one comes to rescue the prisoner. Or they can just patrol around the objectives generally and hope they intercept them. That's probably the best solution. And the most fun for the Marines and Rebels.

I think this would go well on one of the new maps. Sahrani isn't the best place for Rebel Uprisings, in my opinion. We need a remote, jungle/dessert island.
      This is for a new map. Avgani. And I could easily port a version of it to Ohao if it turns out well.

Comment

It sounds great man, when will it be ready for the servers?

also I think an MH6 LB would be great aswell, quick transport and air recon, just a really big fan of having choppers flying over head on that map lol

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

And as Adept has quite wisely mentioned before, FFAR helicopters are unnecessary in these Insurgency maps. hell, maybe even a BH-M134 is unnecessary :P

Comment

Sounds fun to me.Looking forward to play this.:row__579:
            |TG| Eugene
            sigpic
            Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

The latest version has fixed pretty much every problem we encountered. It also adds a sort of improvised sentencing time. Will look to improve that in the future though.

Still would like to deploy objects from trucks though. I've gotten the ability to apply an infinite number of objects, but you can't reclaim... So I'll try and fix this in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
                The latest version has fixed pretty much every problem we encountered. It also adds a sort of improvised sentencing time. Will look to improve that in the future though.

Still would like to deploy objects from trucks though. I've gotten the ability to apply an infinite number of objects, but you can't reclaim... So I'll try and fix this in the future.

Open up any of my missions, feel free to use any and all of the code within.

Fixed a lot of little problems that arise with an object placement system, no sense in you having to go through the same process.

Comment

Alright, probably going to throw out another version today.
                  I got alot of stuff working,
                  -Static defenses can now be deployed from the covered 5 ton
                  -Dynamic spawning to keep the insurgency refreshed
                  -A few RACS guards on some of the objectives
                  -More/altered objectives. Should offer some greater variety for both sides
                  -AI tweaks. Very experimental but they should not be so generally stupid anymore. We'll see!
                  -Insurgents now have a limited supply of satchel charges. If they wish to obtain more they will have to get them through more violent channels

Just needs testing and refining now hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
                    -A few RACS guards on some of the objectives
                    I was just about to suggest that....maybe this or maybe use some of the Iraqi police models...would be more appropriate IMO

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                    The BigC

Comment

Aright fixed a few more things.
                      -RACS now really do guard the objectives
                      -Rebel now spawn at a number of different possible locations
                      -Changed the Indian Consulate objective
                      -MASHs can now only be placed once. Of course wire and sandbags can still be reclaimed.

Comment

New version almost ready!
                        -Slight tweak to dynamic spawning
                        -RACS guards more defensive
                        -Marines now use desert weapons
                        -Marines respawn with specific load outs
                        -MH-6s added for Blufor
                        -Working VBIED factory where insurgents can turn some of their vehicles into VBIEDs.

Comment

Ok, just uploaded a new setup
                          -RACS should defend better (again)
                          -'Documents' located at an estate near the insurgent strong point can be accessed by the Marines and the insurgent fuel storage locations will be roughly (about 100x100m circle) marked on the map.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X