AI Walking Through Walls!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Walking Through Walls!

I'm trying to create my first mission ever, using the new ACE mod and TGMods Phase 1 on the Avgani map. Anyways, the AI apparently has an ability to go through walls. I might put them on a roof, then they may go prone and shoot with their barrels sticking through the wall and make kills. Or they go prone and just crawl until they fall right off the roof, or even through the wall in the mid level of the building. They also do this on fences too. Is there a way to fix this?

Re: AI Walking Through Walls!

I have noticed walking through player placed objects, whether it be in game, like w barbed wire fence or editor placed like a tent. But, it seemed that when played outside the editor in MP the issues resolved themselves. I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing though.

Comment

I had this issue in the SP Campaign when the game was released (before it was patched) and I am shocked to hear these things still happen... Although, I have had experiences where legs stick out of a wall when someone's prone inside, and I shoot the legs, and I am awarded a kill...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
        I have noticed walking through player placed objects, whether it be in game, like w barbed wire fence or editor placed like a tent. But, it seemed that when played outside the editor in MP the issues resolved themselves. I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing though.
        Well, i tested it online using my own computer as a host, and it still did the same thing as described above. Also, the objects that the AI is going through are ones that are already part of the map, not one's that ive put in.

Comment

AI soldiers can only use buildings with BuildingPositions defined (use setBuildingPos to position them). Unfortunately Avgani doesn't have them added for any of the new buildings, so AI will just jump down.
          The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

If you don't want AI to being move through walls, I suggest disabling their ability to move, this allows you to place units inside of buildings without having to deal with building positions (in the unit's init line add the following: This (or Unit's Name) disableAi "move"). Also the AI do tend to act dumb, whenever a shot is fired they will go prone and often leads to legs getting stuck through walls etc, this can be fixed by fixing unit stance [ This or (Unit's Name) setunitpos "Up/Middle/Down" ] again this code goes in the init line of the unit. I haven't noticed them walking through fences though.
            sigpic
            Pride/Shame of the PLA

Comment

Once playing a mission with a friend, we were in a dead end with a wall at our backs. The AI came through the wall, shot my mate dead, walked back into the wall (my bullets hitting just where he'd been). AI then came from another section of wall and injured me as I killed him.

Totally ruined the immersion and the mission.

I suggest you download the arma editor guide as it has some pretty good stuff in there for placing AI.
              Jex.

Comment

Are you sure opfor isn't using T1000's? that could be why they were walking through the walls... :)
                |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
                TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Originally posted by LCpl. Soto View Post
                  Are you sure opfor isn't using T1000's? that could be why they were walking through the walls... :)
                  what is T1000's?

Comment

[media]http://www.talkingnfl.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/t-1000.gif[/media]

T1000

Comment

Hey Guys. Id like to know if there is a command to set the AI plane to fly at "X" altitude.
                      Id like him to fly higher.

And how to set the speed.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                      The BigC

Comment

Try using something like the following in the init line of the plane (set name = plane):

plane flyInHeight 999; plane limitSpeed 999;

You might also have to use these for each of the waypoints, not sure.

Comment

Thanks vic. Its working. Any way to set the spawn height as well? Because the AI spawns at the default height and then climbs to the one set in the init.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                          The BigC

Comment

Add this to init:
                            plane setPos [ getPos plane select 0, getPos plane select 1, 999]

Comment

okay i found another major problem that is related to this. The AI can spot blufor through the walls and will start firing at the wall in front of them. Now I can settle with ai going through the walls everyonce in awhile, but this is not gonna work. I must have a solution in order to release my awsome mission!!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X