Operation Broken Line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Broken Line

I want to apologize for the server completely crapping the bed. I wanted to try and lead this large mission but was thwarted by the server haha. It's hard to run a successful mission while people are constantly trying to join. Most of them not having the right mods really screwed us all over. I hope to make it up to you and hopefully a REAL admin can help lock the server when we play large missions.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: Operation Broken Line

Its ok Viper. I still think you're sexy.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

That mission was going to be a bunch of fun.

Although I had trouble with a guy named something Leons who didn't want to follow my orders in the Special Forces squad, he left later on though.

It was so funny hearing about all the people dieing from the tank's black blast though.

Comment

I was told if you are running ACE, you should not be running other mod addons... is that correct? I usually run a skin mod and some miscellaneous mods like smoke effect, sixth sense, etc. Will that crash the server? In my experience, it really hasn't done any effect to the server.

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

It can crash you.

Comment

It was quite fun to watch...especially the first 2 attempts.
            I posted Jeepo an updated version of the Mission. Should be more fun now...if the massive lag won't occur again:D

Comment

Originally posted by nthamma View Post
              I was told if you are running ACE, you should not be running other mod addons... is that correct? I usually run a skin mod and some miscellaneous mods like smoke effect, sixth sense, etc. Will that crash the server? In my experience, it really hasn't done any effect to the server.
              ACE has smoke replacement stuff as well as 6th sense tracers, modified. Have you tried running just ACE to see what it's like by default? Might as well do that first, see if you actually need to change anything, and if not, don't. In short - yes, you probably should not run other mods with ACE if you want to ensure good stability, compatibility, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                ACE has smoke replacement stuff as well as 6th sense tracers, modified. Have you tried running just ACE to see what it's like by default? Might as well do that first, see if you actually need to change anything, and if not, don't. In short - yes, you probably should not run other mods with ACE if you want to ensure good stability, compatibility, etc.
                Thanks for the info. I've started to run ACE by itself and it runs great except that there are few moments where it CTD. But I'll post that up in the tech support page. Thanks again!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this mission guys. Ever played this since the biggest lag accident of the past year?:P

Comment

We played this today and it was great! Just need to make sure we have an admin to lock the server and everything should be good.

Comment

I think Macolik was there today.

It's a fun mission, probably more so if we ever get over the "Hold the line" part. ;-) Maybe the mission could be improved by making it less static? I mean, how long are we supposed to hold it? How do we know there will be more waves etc.? So we sit and sit and every few minutes a tank or a group of inf shows up. I'd rather like to see combined enemy armor/inf attacks (as beta managed to put together in his missions) and the platoon lead should actually decide by himself when to start advancing. If it's too early and the enemy has still massive forces, then we all die in the attack (and PltHQ made a wrong decision, so what? ;-)).

Also, what made me wonder: What is going on with the enemy AI? Those tanks today, breaking through our lines, very nice, but then they just sit and wait to be taken out by some AT (even though today we seemed somewhat short of that ... which pretty much killed us all). Also, if the objective is: Hold the line, and several armored vehicles break through, it seems that objective is somewhat failed, isn't it?

Comment

Thanks guys,

I'll make some changes to the mission. The AI seems to get stuck around somato , that should be the reason for the unsimultaneous attack. I could delete the battle there between the RACs and opfor.
                        Well besides that this mission really should be played with more then 50 players.
                        Could be alot more easier since the USMC holds the second line of defense east of somato.

Comment

by the way, ArmA counted 343 opfor units in this mission (and that's without counting crew members individually)... no wonder it gets a little laggy, hahah! It is pretty cool to see that your guys' server can even handle that many AI + 50 people at all!

It should be possible to have that at least halved during any given time... give me a couple days to see if I can remember how to script for multiplayer and create the units as they are needed... maybe someone else will be better at it than me.

Hope we can make this mission more playable and still feel the same.

Comment

hahaha ok good to know...thank you for your help:)

Comment

Just want to let you guys know that a new Version is up.
                              It's tested and runs smoother now.
                              A spawn script has been added rather then placing masses of units in the editor, which probably caused the massive lag.

-Mac

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X