Operation Black Falcon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Black Falcon

Hey guys, just letting you guys know that im prolly about 70% complete with Operation Black Falcon. Since this mission will require the ACE mod as well as the TG mod pack, I was wondering if the TG mod pack will be implemented on the servers along with ACE sometime soon. The mission can at least serve as a testing as to the compatibility. Although I do admit, the mission does have alot of stuff in it. Right now the only major bug I have is ai being able to walk through walls sometimes, also they seem to shoot at the walls in front of them, which is prolly becasuse they can see through them and are trying to target the opponent ai on the other side. However, whenever I play as a human player, they dont seem to do that. All ai in buildings are set to disableAI "MOVE" and the ai on the ground usually does not go through walls, although i have seen it sometimes.
    Last edited by aceking; 12-30-2008, 06:24 AM.

Re: Operation Black Falcon

okay, i can quite possibly get this mission finished by today. Although alot of the time spent on this mission was research, as this is the first mission I've created, I do think that this mission is gonna be totally sick. It is a pretty large mission though i think, and hopefully the number of ai in the mission wont cause alot of lag, i think i kept it to about under 100 still.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what did you add from the TG mod pack to this mission? I'm wondering what was in there that you didn't feel was represented in ACE.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
        Out of curiosity, what did you add from the TG mod pack to this mission? I'm wondering what was in there that you didn't feel was represented in ACE.
        I really wanted to use the Avgani map for this mission since it was going to be based in Iraq, which is a major reason why I implemented the TG mod pack. The other reason why was because I automatically thought that the TG server would immediately implement both TGmods and ACEmod after the ACE beta first came out, so I was just like, why not. However, other than the Avgani map, I also added some OPX_MISC objects, and the desert weapons ammo crate for making 3 other FOB bases. Other than that, the ACE mod was pretty vast.. vehicles, weapons, uniform skins, huntir and all the other loadouts, the realistic gameplay effects, etc.

Comment

So you really only need the islands, since I assume the desert weapons can be replaced with some ACE bundled weapons. Try asking the admins for them, they're pretty safe to add and I'm sure everyone would love them.

By the way, if you're using the BAS-f framework, perhaps you'd like to also use the body removal function (preferably the FIFO one) for that extra bit of performance saving.
          The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Originally posted by aceking View Post
            I really wanted to use the Avgani map for this mission since it was going to be based in Iraq, which is a major reason why I implemented the TG mod pack. The other reason why was because I automatically thought that the TG server would immediately implement both TGmods and ACEmod after the ACE beta first came out, so I was just like, why not. However, other than the Avgani map, I also added some OPX_MISC objects, and the desert weapons ammo crate for making 3 other FOB bases. Other than that, the ACE mod was pretty vast.. vehicles, weapons, uniform skins, huntir and all the other loadouts, the realistic gameplay effects, etc.
            Ok, cool. In this case, you would be pretty safe. My recommended course of action would be as Vic said - ask the admins to put the islands on, but not the other (potentially conflicting) addons. Islands are fine - ShackTac uses Avgani, Uhao, and Schmafelden with ACE, with no issues. That, and the giant ACE Island pack. Having the islands as part of a "TG Island Pack", and divorcing it from the "other" addons (units/vehicles/etc) would be a wise move to ensure smooth operation of any given mod (ie: ACE) and any given islands TG chooses to use.

Comment

Having the islands as part of a "TG Island Pack", and divorcing it from the "other" addons (units/vehicles/etc) would be a wise move to ensure smooth operation of any given mod (ie: ACE) and any given islands TG chooses to use.
              Agreed, hope this can happen ASAP.... Avgani, Uhao, and Schmafelden are all excellent islands that up the tactical options quite a bit over sahrani

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                Agreed, hope this can happen ASAP.... Avgani, Uhao, and Schmafelden are all excellent islands that up the tactical options quite a bit over sahrani
                I just request Avgani with the desert weapons pack, so hopefully those will be up soon

Comment

Yep the team are looking into getting the islands running. Dsl....as I am just DL'ing ACE now, are there any British or other forces in the ACE mod?

BD1
                  BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

There are:
                    US Rangers
                    US Army
                    US Marines
                    US 101st Airbourne
                    And I think some more

Also:
                    Iraqi Units
                    Russians
                    Insurgets

But I know, I would kill for some NATO stuff!!

Comment

okay, im pretty much wrapping things up with Operation Black Falcon. I feel like its gonna be an awsome mission. Right now it only has 3 real objectives, i was actually planning on making more at first, but since i have to go back to college on monday =( , I decided to only have 3 so that ill have some playing time before my break ends. I was also gonna add more interesting things in the mission, such as animations, more sounds and effect, etc. but that was also scrubbed due to my time contraint. It is a pretty open ended mission and more non-linear. I also did some research on the settings, soldiers, targets, etc.. for a more realistic briefing. Although its not really a true story or anything like that, as I changed things around quite a bit, but are still based on the real things. Anyways, the only thing that bothers me is that i dont know how to make it so that only medics could carry morphine and epinephrine. I saw the thing on it on bas-f framework, but dont know how to do it for the ace mod. Also, i wanted to make an intro video, which i do not know how to do either. thats pretty much the only things left to do.

Comment

Making only medics able to carry morphine and epinephrine is something I want to do aswell.

I have an idea on how to do it, but it would take some work.

I'll let you know if I ever get it working ...

EDIT:

Quick N' Dirty implementation:

Need to run this code in a loop (I have it every second, in my main client loop) for all the players who are not designated medics.

Code:
                        //Written by beta
                        //Allows only Medics to carry Morphine/Epinephrine

//if not medic, remove medical kit
                        if !(format["%1", player] == "b35" || format["%1", player] == "b36") then
                        {
                            if ("ACE_Morphine" in magazines player) then
                            {
                                player removeMagazines "ACE_Morphine";
                            };

if ("ACE_Epinephrine" in magazines player) then
                            {
                                player removeMagazines "ACE_Epinephrine";
                            };
                        };

if (true) exitWith {};
                        Where "b35" and "b36" are the names of your Medics.
                        Last edited by beita; 12-31-2008, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                          Yep the team are looking into getting the islands running. Dsl....as I am just DL'ing ACE now, are there any British or other forces in the ACE mod?

BD1
                          Not presently. Jeepo listed all(?) of the current sides. UK stuff could be added, it just wasn't on the table for the first beta release. Do you have a preference for any specific UK units that have been released? I don't recall what the TG mod pack ones were.

Comment

Operation Black Falcon is now finally finished. However, everytime I try to save by send it by e-mail and turn it into a pbo, the game keeps freezing and does not repsond. I've waited for like 7 minutes for it to respond but nothing happens. There is a pbo file in my mission folder, but i don't think that its a complete file.

Comment

I've NEVER used the "send by email" option.

Just save it as a multiplayer mission, go to your My Documents/ArmA/MPMissions folder and find it there. MUCH easier.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X