Mission Debriefing at Start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Debriefing at Start

Okay, so I just posted an update to my Operation Black Falcon mission, and for some reason, everytime I start the mission, it goes straight to the debriefing menu and ends right there. But it only happens after the first time i start the mission. Meaning the mission will work if you start it the first time (although there is some bug where an alarm trigger goes off at start which I did not put, and have no idea what's causing it), but then if you start it again, it will always go to the debriefing menu and end. Anyone know what the problem is? Could it be some kind of corrupt .pbo file?

Re: Mission Debriefing at Start

Are you using the BASf mission frame work for your mission? They have a script feature in that framework which controls the mission endings. I'm wondering if maybe something is messing up with that, assuming your using it. If you are using that feature from BASf, I would recommend not using it.

Feel free to un-pbo my missions and look at how I use triggers and game logic to set up ending conditions. My method has seemed to work fine for awhile.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
      Are you using the BASf mission frame work for your mission? They have a script feature in that framework which controls the mission endings. I'm wondering if maybe something is messing up with that, assuming your using it. If you are using that feature from BASf, I would recommend not using it.

Feel free to un-pbo my missions and look at how I use triggers and game logic to set up ending conditions. My method has seemed to work fine for awhile.
      Yah that's probably why then, b/c I used the BAS-F framework in order to install the custom mission conditions and AI skill selector, then all of a sudden this random issue shows up. I did get some advice from another forum telling me to set all my ending variables to [target# = false] in my init.sqs/.sqf file. But Ill definitely take a look at your mission after i download the unpbo tool and find out how to extract the files. Thx for the help.
      Also, does it affect the briefing file as well for multi-sided briefings, cuz I can't seem to get the objectives to be as "hidden", and also the assigned ending# message doesn't appear in the debriefing for my current TvT mission Im working on. I'm using the Arma Edit tool btw.

Comment

Sometimes this happens if you use "Area clear" triggers and some of the ai are on 50% spawn prob.

Sometimes if they dont spawn in the search area, it can be game over....a lesson I learned a little while back!

GC - Hahahahah I unpacked one of yours to learn how your triggers are set as you suggested..... MAN!!!!!!!! How the hell did you come up with that lot??????? :D

I could not make head nor tail of why certain triggers were linked and "synched" to other triggers and then the linking to an end trigger I could not fathom at all! ;)

It works..but damn....how did you come up with that lot? Not being too skilled in these matters I like to keep mine pretty simple.

:D

BD1
        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
          Sometimes this happens if you use "Area clear" triggers and some of the ai are on 50% spawn prob.

Sometimes if they dont spawn in the search area, it can be game over....a lesson I learned a little while back!

GC - Hahahahah I unpacked one of yours to learn how your triggers are set as you suggested..... MAN!!!!!!!! How the hell did you come up with that lot??????? :D

I could not make head nor tail of why certain triggers were linked and "synched" to other triggers and then the linking to an end trigger I could not fathom at all! ;)

It works..but damn....how did you come up with that lot? Not being too skilled in these matters I like to keep mine pretty simple.

:D

BD1
          how do u extract the pbo from the servers?

Comment

i use pboview. pretty handy little tool

Comment

(and they're stored in C:\Documents and Settings\LOGINNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache)

P.S. I have also unpacked one or two of GC's missions and nearly had a stroke. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X