TvT35_OperationVariable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TvT35_OperationVariable

So I've created my first mission which I've called Operation Variable. It's a TvT mission set on Avgani. The main goal of the mission is for Blufor to rescue two player hostages that Opfor has guarded before the insurgents can execute them (45 minutes). There are 16 blufor, 17 opfor, and two independent hostages. I currently have all the objects and players set up as well as the victory conditions.

Because it's my first mission, I would like to see if anyone would like to help me play test it to get the kinks out as well as help me with some of the finer details (which scrips to include and how to polish the mission). I would really like to have this finished this week so it would be an option to play this upcoming Sunday Event.

Blufor:
    Alpha
    -Team Leader
    -Operator
    -Operator
    -Automatic Rifleman

Bravo:
    -Team Leader
    -Operator
    -Operator
    -M136

Charlie
    -Team Leader
    -Operator
    -Operator
    -Medic

Delta
    -Squad Leader
    -Operator
    -Sniper
    -Spotter

3xSF Humvees
    1xM2 Humvee

Opfor:
    The idea behind opfor is that the two Cells (Alpha and Bravo) each spawn with the hostages in their possession. The remaining insurgents are scattered around the city to ambush blufor and prevent their rescue.
    Alpha
    -Cell Leader
    -Rifleman
    -Rifleman
    -Automatic Rifleman

Bravo
    -Cell Leader
    -Rifleman
    -Rifleman
    -Automatic Rifleman

Charlie
    -RPG Gunner
    -Assitant RPG

Delta
    -Rifleman
    -Medic

Echo
    -Sniper
    -Spotter

Foxtrot
    -Automatic Rifleman
    -Rifleman
    -RPG Gunner

Various technicals/ATVs/Civilian vehicles scattered throughout the city

Independent:
    -Hostage Alpha
    -Hostage Bravo

Re: TvT35_OperationVariable

Sounds unique. If you need any help with scripts throw me a PM or post 'em. Might be able to help playtest too if you can find some others & set a time.

So are there *4* different "sides" in the mission? (OpFor wants to keep possession of hostages, BluFor wants to rescue hostages, Insurg want to kill hostages, Hostages want to be rescued by Blue?)

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Johnston View Post
      Sounds unique. If you need any help with scripts throw me a PM or post 'em. Might be able to help playtest too if you can find some others & set a time.

So are there *4* different "sides" in the mission? (OpFor wants to keep possession of hostages, BluFor wants to rescue hostages, Insurg want to kill hostages, Hostages want to be rescued by Blue?)
      Sorry, Opfor are ACE-Insurgents. They are the same thing. The idea is that they wish to keep the hostages alive for 45ish minutes for some yet to be determined reason. If those 45 minutes are up, the Opfor can kill the hostages ;)

Comment

Does anyone know how I can implement a ticket system similar to the one in beta's missions?

Comment

I am sure Beta will happily send you this, he has already said previously that people can pull his missions apart to learn how to do stuff, which is great.

Mission sounds fun and is always good when "direct" chat starts happening between the hostage and the captors!

BD1
          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

As Blackdog said, go to town on any mission I make.

If you need any help on it, send me a PM on what you are not sure on, and we can hop on TS and figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
              Mission sounds fun and is always good when "direct" chat starts happening between the hostage and the captors!
              didn't even think about that... that'd be hilarious. "BLUE FORCE I'M OVER HERE!" "shut up you stupid hostage!". I'd love a hostage player to tie a gag over his mouth and mumble through it all game :D

Comment

Alright, so I've upped the player count to 70 (30 blufor, 18 opfor, 20 civilian, 2 independents [hostages]) and changed things around a little. The two hostages are now new Iraqi army officers who insurgents have taken as hostages. Blufor must rescue these two within 60 minutes or they will be killed. The hostages must be rescued by taking them to the established firebase and keeping them safe there for 20 minutes until a rescue helicopter can arive! This gives Opfor the opportunity to attack the FOB and kill the hostages before the helicopters can extract the hostages. If the hostages are not brought to the FOB within 60 minutes, Opfor wins. Additionally, I've added several playable civilians who can run around and cause havok for the blufor. These civilians can find weapons and explosives at several unmarked weapons caches around the map. It may be wise for Blufor to send parties to hunt and destroy these caches. The civilians also have no real stake in the game, so no win/lose conditions. In fact, some may even wish to help give intel to the blufor...

So, just for clarification:
                BLUFOR: Bring hostages back to FOB within 60 minutes. If successful, keep them safe for 20 minutes.
                OPFOR: Prevent hostages from being taken by BLUFOR for 60 minutes. If unsuccessful, kill the hostages before 20 minutes are up.
                CIVILIANS: Help BLUFOR/OPFOR. Blow stuff up. Kill.
                INDEPENDENT: STAY ALIVE!

Whew, still getting some of the victory condition triggers worked out and then I will polish up the ticket system and overall playability. It seems like it's a bit complicated for a first mission, but I think it will be a blast to play. Game will be JiP friendly via a system similar to beta's ticket system. (No ticket requirements for Opfor/Civilians). Vehicles are non-respawnable.

And oh yeah...blufor gets an M1A2 to play around with ;)
                Last edited by WaterIsPoison; 02-10-2009, 02:01 AM.

Comment

I love the new twist with the BLUFOR chopper.

I also love the idea for the civilians running around, sometimes its fun just to be a spectator/general **** disturber and just kind of see how things go, you find a gun and you can pick a side (or pick NO side) ;)

Although I feel its gonna take alot of admin work to keep from the hostages just dying outright when the bullets start flying.

I like that its JIP and using ticket system. Make sure the spawnpoints for OPFOR are not near any objectives, they should be far enough away, but have some transport near by maybe.

Would be good if civilian respawn time can be really high, otherwise they will be really crazy to deal with hehe esp if OPFOR decide to arm them.

Comment

Originally posted by WaterIsPoison View Post
                    Alright, so I've upped the player count to 70 (30 blufor, 18 opfor, 20 civilian, 2 independents [hostages]) and changed things around a little. The two hostages are now new Iraqi army officers who insurgents have taken as hostages. Blufor must rescue these two within 60 minutes or they will be killed. The hostages must be rescued by taking them to the established firebase and keeping them safe there for 20 minutes until a rescue helicopter can arive! This gives Opfor the opportunity to attack the FOB and kill the hostages before the helicopters can extract the hostages. If the hostages are not brought to the FOB within 60 minutes, Opfor wins. Additionally, I've added several playable civilians who can run around and cause havok for the blufor. These civilians can find weapons and explosives at several unmarked weapons caches around the map. It may be wise for Blufor to send parties to hunt and destroy these caches. The civilians also have no real stake in the game, so no win/lose conditions. In fact, some may even wish to help give intel to the blufor...

So, just for clarification:
                    BLUFOR: Bring hostages back to FOB within 60 minutes. If successful, keep them safe for 20 minutes.
                    OPFOR: Prevent hostages from being taken by BLUFOR for 60 minutes. If unsuccessful, kill the hostages before 20 minutes are up.
                    CIVILIANS: Help BLUFOR/OPFOR. Blow stuff up. Kill.
                    INDEPENDENT: STAY ALIVE!

Whew, still getting some of the victory condition triggers worked out and then I will polish up the ticket system and overall playability. It seems like it's a bit complicated for a first mission, but I think it will be a blast to play. Game will be JiP friendly via a system similar to beta's ticket system. (No ticket requirements for Opfor/Civilians). Vehicles are non-respawnable.

And oh yeah...blufor gets an M1A2 to play around with ;)

Awesome mission concept!
                    "Never forget that you are there to SERVE the soldiers. Listen to your NCOs and always do the right thing." -My Father
                    "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGNxHMFjigA"
                    "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce0c6qVnJE4"
                    "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Lpc9vTnqU"
                    "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEzc9fB8xPo"
                    "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tdCTP_ae_8"
                    "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrmoSZgYaFw"

Comment

Alright guys! Mission is finished. I would like a couple people to mess around with it a bit tonight (make sure all the spawns work and nothing gets broken). If you want in, I'll be in TS around 8-9ish EST. The more the merrier!

Comment

Ahh, sorry I didn't get to help you out. Thanks for your help with mine and Macolik's mission... Post if you need testers tomorrow / another time!

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Johnston View Post
                          Ahh, sorry I didn't get to help you out. Thanks for your help with mine and Macolik's mission... Post if you need testers tomorrow / another time!
                          Always willing to help out testing missions guys if you need it. Enjoyed the mission last night Homer, lots and lots of potential. Keep up the good work with the missions guys.

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X