Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission updates and ACE 1.02

Gents,

Those of you that know as you may have read up about this already, but I understand that all ACE missions need to be revised?

What exactly needs to be done to them? Delete existing players/characters and replace them?

Go into mission sqm's and change what exactly?

Anyone able to give a quick overview?

BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Mission updates and ACE 1.02

Basically, if you use any custom ruck loadouts, you need to redo it with the new system. Otherwise, it should be fine ... I think.

Comment

Nope I have not and so I am hoping it is all good! Just whatever the troops came with as standard.
      BlackDog1

Comment

further to what Beta said, soldiers no longer start with 'sacks (my immature mind is ripe with awful jokes), so if you didn't have a ruck-sack crate you might want to put one in.

Also I've noticed any units that started with one of those "door breaching charges" now pop up an error message and don't have the breaching charge in-game, but it doesn't seem to have any other adverse effects. (I noticed it with the 101st Airborne Team Leader)

Comment

I don't know about you guys but I got a rough sack.

<grins>
          Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

British Army "Sacks" are much nicer with softgoose down!

I assume that's the sack you are referring!

:)
            BD1
            BlackDog1

Comment

haha. Well, i'm glad I never did any custom loadouts! no work for me!!!
              Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Johnston View Post
                further to what Beta said, soldiers no longer start with 'sacks (my immature mind is ripe with awful jokes), so if you didn't have a ruck-sack crate you might want to put one in.

Also I've noticed any units that started with one of those "door breaching charges" now pop up an error message and don't have the breaching charge in-game, but it doesn't seem to have any other adverse effects. (I noticed it with the 101st Airborne Team Leader)
                Yah I get that too when I start one of my missions when using my computer as a host, or when testing the mission from the editor. The mission seems to work anyways, despite the popup error. Are you sure the mission will run fine when its on the dedicated TG server? Oh yah, and I've noticed that RPG grenadiers have no weapons, at least for the Iraqi Insurgence.

Comment

Just ran a quick test, seems to act exactly the same as that for a dedicated server too. Error message pops up for players when you get to the selection screen... proceeds fine otherwise.

P.S. hey Carver, be careful when handling your 'sacks, as they may suddenly lose their ability to carry mission-critical cargo.

Comment

I had this error with scope=private for some of my missions too, I changed the U.S. teamleaders to squadleaders, saved the mission and the error was gone. It only appears once though, so if you have several missions and you would like to test them for this error, you would have to restart ArmA after getting one error.

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
                    Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...