Trigger needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger needed

I am looking for a simple trigger that delays the action that i have scripted. Basically I am finishing up a defend missions and i want to delay the the OPFORs assault waves from hitting a certian area. I am using the UPS as a means to have the OPFOR "attack and clear".

On a similar note, does anyone have a trigger for the delayed spawn (countdown or once x unit is dead, next unit spawns) of a unit or group? This one is to save server resources versus having all teh units on the map at once.

I saw a couple in the BI forums, but I am looking for some that you guys know works.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Trigger needed

just to re-state your needs in different words to make sure we've got it right: after a certain time is passed, you want to be able to create a group, and then have them move into the Engagement Area (possibly with UPS)

And/or (?) when a unit dies you want to be able to spawn a new one to take his place and move into the EA

And/or (?) you want to be able to create a new group of soldiers when an old group is dead and have them go to the EA

feel free to link us to the ones you found on the BIS forum too, they may help

Comment

Homer. you are dead on!! both instances are what i am looking for. The delayed spawn and the delayed assault.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

will have to think about it for a bit ... unfortunately I have to take care of this damned commercial-spending day coming up on Feb 14th first... in the mean-time two things have come to mind:

DAC 2.0 - would *definitely* work with one or two tricks, but is also far more in-depth than you need (and would probably take a long while for you to figure out ... it sure took me long enough)

... ahh there was another script pack called "Coop Essentials" but it appears to have been taken offline from places!

Anywho I'll have to keep this issue in mind over the weekend. It's easy to come up with a really "messy" way to do it, code-wise, but ... I try not to do that any more. If you did find some possible scripts from the BIS forums, please share 'em here... I can judge or edit someone else's work much much faster than I can come up with my own :p

Comment

I may have a simplified script (better for server resource), and simplified activation for this. Let me doodle around with it for abit and get back to you.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

if LSHD can't find a sol'n for ya, tell me if this system would work for you. It might be worth noting that spawning soldiers is the easy part - the difficult part is controlling the AI afterwards, as you can't place editor waypoints mid-mission! This is why people have developed systems such as the UPS and DAC. Anyways:

-Mission starts with X amount of editor-placed groups, which do the attack. (each group is any size... 1 to 100)
            -When a group is 75% eliminated, a new group of similar size is spawned at the original group's original location, and told to move to a certain point on the map (i.e. a gamelogic positioned where to attack).

-Optional: randomize any aspect of this -- time delays, spawn location, soldier types... etc.
            -Optional: instead of being told to go to that point, the group is put under UPS or DAC control in a given area.
            -Optional: the group is still told to go to that point, but once they get within a certain distance of it, or are alert to enemy presence, they go under UPS or DAC control

I mostly included the "optionals" to give you an idea of the flexibility you can have. If you have anything you'd want done different about that, or any random ideas of what you'd like to happen, just say them. Unless you want them to ride horses into battle, it should be doable :D Probably by Tuesday...

Comment

Try this...

Simplified Spawn Script named as "ACEreinforce1.sqf"
              To be activated by using a trigger.
              Condition: this/not alive/true/etc
              On Activation: name = [SpawnUnitLeader,1] execVM "ACEreinforce1.sqf"
              (SpawnUnitLeader is the existing AI/1 refers to a pre-designed setup)

You can have the waypoints on each specific spawn unit, synchronized on each triggers that will "activate" the "spawn" depending on the condition you've set them at.

Also by synchronizing them, you can use "spawn" units own waypoints to 'hold' until spawned then assign them waypoints (predetermined).
              Which will make it seem that the russians have an unlimited human wave as their tactic.

Hope this is what you've been looking for.

Here's the script:
              Attached Files

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I am getting issues with that little script for some reason. I am getting errors in "line 26"..

Comment

Try this, abit more options with custom unit loadout.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hmm... I am missing something on this one. U mind sending me a missions.sqm with it on it?

:)

Comment

No problem, got the mission.sqm for ya.

The issue you had was due to the incorrect soldier type class names.
                      ACE patch changed their names, hence the error message.

This should work fine for you.

Let me know how it goes.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I got that to work, thanks!!! Now can I repeat that unlimited times? I want to create waves attacking a base.

Comment

Yes, as long as the leader of the spawn group/unit is alive.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X