Civilian Businessman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilian Businessman

In one of the maps on the 2nd server I saw a civilian character wearing a business suit..but I cant find it under the iraqi civilians..how do I put that model/skin in amap?

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: Civilian Businessman

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
    In one of the maps on the 2nd server I saw a civilian character wearing a business suit..but I cant find it under the iraqi civilians..how do I put that model/skin in amap?
    I think Ace has removed those regular civilians from the drop down menu. You can get several regular civilians if you chose the civilian - crowd in the group menu. (F2)
    But i don't think there is any suit guys in there either. It may have been some QG models on that mission. The Chancellor and the Prince wear suits i remember.

Comment

There is a civilian with suit in vanilla arma, but you won't see it in the editor, neither without the ACE mod. To add it, open a mission, add a new unit, e.g. Iraqi Civilian named "test".

Now open up the mission.sqm of the mission with notepad (located in my documents/arma other profiles/name/missions/missionname and search for "test".

Now change the red marked line

class Item47
      {
      side="CIV";
      class Vehicles
      {
      items=1;
      class Item0
      {
      position[]={8618.505859,192.532227,7553.099609};
      azimut=220.000000;
      special="NONE";
      id=118;
      side="CIV";
      vehicle="ACE_Iraqi_Civilian1";
      leader=1;
      lock="UNLOCKED";
      skill=0.200000;
      text="test";
      };
      };
      };

to this:

vehicle="Anchorman2";

Each time you open the unit in the editor and hit OK, you will have to redo this step.

There a couple of more hidden units like the field reporter, all expect "anchorman" and marian quandt (anchorman can't be killed, quandt wasn't designed to walk without her notepad or in normal animations, anchorman2 works) will work fine.

See the list here (scroll down to civilian):

http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/index.php?action=read&id=73

btw:
      If you want to see vanilla ArmA units so that you can e.g. place normal civilians, go to ArmA/dta/ace, open up ace_clientside_config.hpp with notepad and change this line:

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS __hidden

to this:
      #define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS __visible

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
      Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Comment

Nice find!!!
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I think you will find this is the journalist character from original arma. There are two "News Anchormen" that wear suits likewise there is Mary Quant a reporter. All the these are unlocked by the 6th Sense editor that unlocks all the buildings that are not naturally found in the editor.

The only problem with these "press" members, is that they are pretty much bulletproof! I had a mission where the press guy needed to die, unfortunately it was pretty much impossible...lol
          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Ah well if theyre pretty much bullet proof that wont work since this guy is going to be the main target of the mission

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
              I think you will find this is the journalist character from original arma. There are two "News Anchormen" that wear suits likewise there is Mary Quant a reporter. All the these are unlocked by the 6th Sense editor that unlocks all the buildings that are not naturally found in the editor.

The only problem with these "press" members, is that they are pretty much bulletproof! I had a mission where the press guy needed to die, unfortunately it was pretty much impossible...lol
              Weird cuz i was the one with the business suit yesterday and I was far from being bulletproof lol.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
              The BigC

Comment

heres another question someone might be able to help with

Im making my VIP mission again but using ACE

and I never could get it so that the VIP couldnt get into the helicopter(kind of makes a convoy mission moot if the guy can just hop over all the assisins :P

In the helicopters init field i put

[VIP] allowgetin false

and i named the VIP unit VIP but he can still get in the helo

oh and another..how would I make a trigger that can only be activated by a single unit? ie the VIP must be in a certain location to end the mission
                Last edited by Charles Darwin; 02-13-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
                  heres another question someone might be able to help with

Im making my VIP mission again but using ACE

and I never could get it so that the VIP couldnt get into the helicopter(kind of makes a convoy mission moot if the guy can just hop over all the assisins :P

In the helicopters init field i put

[VIP] allowgetin false

and i named the VIP unit VIP but he can still get in the helo

oh and another..how would I make a trigger that can only be activated by a single unit? ie the VIP must be in a certain location to end the mission
                  I don't know how you can solve the not get in thing. But the last one is simple.

Make a trigger, set the size of the area you want to cover, press ok. Then select group (F2), press and hold the mouse over the vip and release over the trigger. There should be a line between them now.
                  Now go into the trigger again and make sure it gets activated by the veichle, and that "present" is marked.
                  Choose end1 or that it should activate your ending script.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
                    Weird cuz i was the one with the business suit yesterday and I was far from being bulletproof lol.
                    I beleive if the the character is playable that is different? Could be wrong, but I put these guys in "Sundown Terror - Uhao" and I and some other tried to kill them by firing RPG's, Grenades, you name it at them, and they would not die. So I removed them from the game. However I suspect that maybe a simple edit of the AI version in the Mission.sqm may solve this?

BD1
                    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                      I beleive if the the character is playable that is different? Could be wrong, but I put these guys in "Sundown Terror - Uhao" and I and some other tried to kill them by firing RPG's, Grenades, you name it at them, and they would not die. So I removed them from the game. However I suspect that maybe a simple edit of the AI version in the Mission.sqm may solve this?

BD1
                      There are two versions of the businessman, the first is "anchorman" in class vehicles and the second "anchorman2" when you hand-place them into the mission.sqm.

While they both look the same, "anchorman" is bulletproof, while "anchorman2" is not and can be killed.

Works fine in my still-to-be-named-mission where you play as covert Escepas attacking a police- and CIA-protected convoy. Reporter can also be killed.

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
                      Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...