Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Vehicle Smoke Screen Feature

Hello Everyone,

As some of you might know, the smoke deploying ability of most ACE armored vehicles will cause a lag spike on the server.

There is a simple way that mission developers can remove the ammunition of the smoke weapon so it will not be available to players in game. This involved the use of the "removemagazine" script command. The ACE magazine name for the smoke is ACE_LVOSS_Magazine

===Usage===
    Execute this command on any and all armored vehicles which may be used by players. I believe only armored vehicles have smoke. But make sure in mission. I recommend using it also on enemy armor units just in case players hop in their empty vehicle when its disabled. Don't worry about ammo trucks. We've tested this and players can not rearm the smoke weapon.

==Execution==
    Its easy to do. Simply insert the following line of code into the Initialization text box of the vehicle's properties..

this removemagazine "ACE_LVOSS_Magazine"
    Last edited by GeneralCarver; 02-16-2009, 04:36 PM. Reason: had to some something else too!
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: Removing Vehicle Smoke Screen Feature

Thanks GC! :)
    Jex.

Comment

It was tested and did not seem to allow any reloading options at a ReArm truck. So seems to be holding steady.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
        It was tested and did not seem to allow any reloading options at a ReArm truck. So seems to be holding steady.
        From what I can tell, the ReArm truck only refills a single magazine to full capacity; it will not add additional magazines to a vehicle. This is why if you expend 5 magazines on a humvee M2, it will not replenish those magazines, just refill the current one.

Comment

Yeah ..have you tried rearming a Cobra?...lol

You have to do bunny hops near the ammo truck to load each missile one at a time...lol
          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Maybe the bunnyhop option for the bicycle was actually supposed to be put on the cobra?? ... or maybe the hellfire launchers were supposed to be put on the bicycle. hmm... i think i'm on to something here...

but I digress; good find GC, a shame those smoke screens lag so bad!!

Comment

Hello,

Just make a trigger.
              Aktivation : none;
              conditions : local player and vehicle player != player;
              onaktivation : cartounload=vehicle player;cartounload removeMagazine "ACE_LVOSS_Magazine";

greets
              Laki
              Feind erkannt - Gefahr gebannt!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse