Pictures/screenshots of maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures/screenshots of maps

I'm working on my first mission and using the afghan village map. The question I have is, I would like to have a paper map of the village so that I can look at it and make plans on what I want to happen. Is there a way to do that or do I have to use a map making program to see the map? If yes on having to use a map making program I'm assuming that it is visitor program?
    Knowing is not enough, we must apply.

Willing is not enough, we must DO.

Re: Pictures/screenshots of maps

hey there, this *may* work for you, and it may not.

Go into the mission editor, load up your island, then press shift and numpad -

now type in: topography

You may hear your harddrive rumble a bit. Now check your c:\ directory, you should see a file called islandname.emf ... it should open with the normal Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, and you can probably print it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Excellent, it worked.

Myself and angyson have started working on a mission that is a "Personnel Recovery Operation" using a Ranger Company, air insertion (HALO) and by air extraction (helicopters) to liberate a captured helicopter crewman.

Comment

This is going to be my first real attempt at this, so I hope it doesn't get too messy.
        ------------------------------------------
        sigpic
        The views and opinions expressed by this forum member do not necessarily represent the U.S. Army, 3ID or even himself, really. Sock of the Yarn!!!

Comment

It can get messy, if you get deep into scripting and triggers and such. A lot harder to do an "intelligent" enemy here compared to CM:SF.

Comment

Would it be better to have OPFOR human players as well as BLUFOR human players instead of using allot of scripts and triggers?

What does most of the players would rather do, play against an OPFOR AI or against human players?

Comment

Wow, this is like a CM:SF convention ;)
              ------------------------------------------
              sigpic
              The views and opinions expressed by this forum member do not necessarily represent the U.S. Army, 3ID or even himself, really. Sock of the Yarn!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnO View Post
                Would it be better to have OPFOR human players as well as BLUFOR human players instead of using allot of scripts and triggers?
                From the standpoint of development, stability and challenge, human REDFOR is better. No mucking around with a whole lot of coding to get it to work right. You have no idea how hard it is to script a complex ambush :(

What does most of the players would rather do, play against an OPFOR AI or against human players?
                Overall, it's mostly co-op (players vs. AI). There are a few who openly dislike playing against human players, but mostly it's just a preference.

Regarding coop/team-vs-team, I think a mix is best -- a REDFOR with a handful of players, either commanding AI or filling critical spots, but the majority are playing (all-human) BLUFOR.
                Last edited by Apocal; 03-07-2009, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X