Clear All

• Wazari Map Released!!!

Topic Location : BI FORUMS ADDONS AND MODS COMPLETED

( wont let me post URLS..)

ADD TO TG SERVER!!

"im free of all predjudices, i hate everyone equally" -Brad
    "Fine, ill just talk to my fellow corpses!"-Chris G-AKA Miles Tegg

Re: Wazari Map Released!!!

link here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5055 One problem though it says it uses queens gambit for me thats no big deal but most people dont own queens gambit so I doubt it will ever be put on the server just like sakah al jawf.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

it still works without QG...you just wont get some grass clutter and a rock...

it worked fine for me.

Comment

I like it but:
        Known issues:
        This is a work-in-progress - a "snapshot" of where I am at right now - and is missing 95% of the structures which will be on the map when it is complete. So understand this clearly - THERE IS ONLY ONE SMALL VILLAGE ON THE MAP at this time (there will a lot more in future updates).

Furthermore, there are NO:
        1. Caves
        2. FOBs
        3. Airfields

Although the latter two could be made by mission editors.
        Also, with 95% of the structures that aren't there. Any mission made on this map will render it useless/bugged once the full version is out.

Finally a suggestion, in my opinion the high compound walls are rather easy to breach using a vehicle. Perhaps they could be increased in strength so more effort is needed to knock these walls down (e.g. an explosive entry required) or inherit from a different destruction model. That would make a qala a much harder target to attack.-"Sander" from BIS forum
        Couldnt agree more with what Sander said.

I say, we give the great map a chance to shine proper.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

yeah i see your point lowspeed. i just hope people can deal with the "tradgic" loss of a rock and some ground clutter. it would be a great addition for the server. (those without QG)

somting new besides Avgani and Afghan Village...

Comment

Originally posted by Vikk[Armaholic] View Post
            yeah i see your point lowspeed. i just hope people can deal with the "tradgic" loss of a rock and some ground clutter. it would be a great addition for the server. (those without QG)
            It should've been made without the QG addons but I'm on the map maker/addon makers side when it comes to them creating their own stuff using QG.
            However, if it had 2 versions of that map when its completed. One with and without QG that would truly be a welcome sight by the community.

Agreed, and this still is a great map. Such a shame that it is a 'teaser.'

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by Vikk[Armaholic] View Post

Doesn't it concern you that the rock and (to a lesser extent) clutter could cause a significant disparity between what one person (with QG) and another (without QG) see?

Granted, it could be a moot point due to the size of said rock or the type/usage of the clutter, but it could just as easily be a big deal in some situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post

Granted, it could be a moot point due to the size of said rock or the type/usage of the clutter, but it could just as easily be a big deal in some situations.
                Big enough to prevent it from being put on the TG server?

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                  Big enough to prevent it from being put on the TG server?
                  I don't know. Without seeing the rocks in question, how often they're used in the terrain, etc, it's impossible to say. For coop, it probably wouldn't matter much, but for TvT, it could be very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                    It should've been made without the QG addons but I'm on the map maker/addon makers side when it comes to them creating their own stuff using QG.
                    However, if it had 2 versions of that map when its completed. One with and without QG that would truly be a welcome sight by the community.

Agreed, and this still is a great map. Such a shame that it is a 'teaser.'
                    Well QG costs like 10€ now, that's one cinema visit. It couldn't get any cheaper I guess, which is why I won't understand people not having QG.

Nicholas could also try to ask BI to use the models of QG and put them into a seperate package, other modders released stuff based on QG work (I remember some infantry pack using the QG beard on one soldier, without requiring QG), too, so if they are asked nicely it might work ;) .

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
                    Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...