Light Infantry Attack & Defend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Infantry Attack & Defend

We played about 5 rounds of this mission tonight with a good crowd. Mission was full or almost full for all the rounds. I must say, this mission is a success, there was some very tense moments, great firefights and a general good mission flow.

I made a few tweaks and some major changes to get this mission up to speed and made better.

First of all, I removed the respawn as it only seemed to drag out the mission, spectator script is used. I increased the time limit from 20 minutes to attack to 30 minutes to attack. Counter-attack is still only 10 minutes. I added the new group tracking and kit initialization scripts, and changed the section ammo loadouts. The REDFOR get the new and shiny RPG7 with PGO7 sight. I have NO clue how to use that thing so it will be "interesting", though this will only be available in the Platoon version of the mission.

Going to make 3 versions again, section (9 vs. 9), two section (18 vs. 18), and platoon (37 vs. 37).

Same mission premise, you are to attack the enemy group that has set up defensive positions at 3 points. The defenders don't know which are the attackers are supposed to take, lots of room for feints (Igor did one on the last round that was successful), and keeps the odds for the attackers in check. Same rules, need a radio to send the capture message.

Another new thing is I removed the view distance modifier (never changed it from 2km anyways ...) and added in the option for the attackers to get a pre-planned artillery strike on the defenders. This is recommended 'cause it's freakin' cool and it gives the attack a slight edge, something that was needed in the play tests.

With these changes I really think these missions are going to be awesome. We had a GREAT time with them and I think that they will only get better with more players. I truly look forward to seeing a dawn attack of a Platoon with a preceeding fire mission. That will be quite epic (hint Sunday event hint).

Re: Light Infantry Attack & Defend

New versions of this mission set are ready for upload.

A few changes, some gear tweaks for the Platoons, slight repositioning, and a major one; adding the option of a fire mission.

The fire mission scales in size of the engagement and has a randomized start time (BLUFOR are given the start time on mission start). It shouldn't really cause too many casualties, but it WILL suppress the players a bit.

The artillery combined with no respawn should make the mission much better, no longer will the defense be so aggressive because if they die, they can't respawn and rush back to their defenses, it's over for them. That was a big problem with the respawn version, which made the defenders overly aggressive making the attack that much harder.

Comment

Can you make the option of the fire mission one the custom variables?

Comment

It is currently selectable, like the time of day, with a Yes/No button.

Comment

need medical supplies

Comment

Where I can download this mission?

Comment

If you play it on the server, you have downloaded it. It will be in your Local Settings folder, kind of hard to get to ..

To make it easier, I'll post a link to the Platoon version of this, use it however you like.

Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/94089500..._v104Sara.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X