Idea for a TvT Mission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for a TvT Mission

After messing around with the BMD-1P in the mission editor, I have concluded that it is sufficiently freakin' awesome to warrant a mission being made around them.

After some thought, this is what I've come up with:

Attack and Defend scenario, REDFOR attacks, BLUFOR defends. REDFOR is a Airborne Mechanized Infantry Platoon, BLUFOR is a Rifle Section, with half a Weapons Section, and (OH GOD!) a Sniper/Spotter team.

REDFOR would be composed of:

3 x 8 player Rifle Section (with 2 BMD crewmen)
    1 x 7 player Platoon HQ (with 2 BMD crewmen)
    4 x BMD-1P

BLUFOR would be composed of:

1 x 9 player Rifle Section (with 1 Medic)
    1 x 4 player Weapons Section (GPMG team and AT team)
    1 x 2 player Sniper/Spotter team

REDFOR objective would be to capture the objective BLUFOR is guarding and hold it for 10 minutes. BLUFOR would have the opportunity to counter-attack. There would be no respawn, spectator script, the REDFOR would get a light, quick fire mission (optional) of 30 rounds of 60mm mortars.

Intended gameplay:

REDFOR would have complete fire superiority, both due to larger numbers and more powerful weaponry. BLUFOR would have to use precision application of fire to disorient and disrupt the REDFOR attack. BLUFOR would not need to worry about ammo consumption, large stockpiles of ammo (weapon holders for easy identification) would be placed around the defensive position, including up to 5 M72s, extra LMG/Rifle ammo, GPMG ammo, grenades, flares, explosives, possibly mines, and Carl Gustav rounds.

The Sniper/Spotter team would be fairly important, they would need to choose their targets properly to destroy the leadership and cohesion of REDFOR, if they fail to do this, REDFOR can close the distance, locate the sniper team and blow them the hell up with the BMDs 75mm cannon. The BMDs would most likely have their ATGMs removed due to them being super-death (might be a bit overkill).

I think this would be an interesting mission if the terrain is chosen properly. Something that has a lot of covered positions for BLUFOR to set up anti-armour ambushes, as taking out the BMDs will be priority.

Any thoughts on a location or in general on the mission idea?

Re: Idea for a TvT Mission

That sounds great, I love tactical TVT!

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Sounds cool...I think Urban environment would quite fit to this kind of mission...giving the BMD's limited area to move.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
        There would be no respawn, spectator script, the REDFOR would get a light, quick fire mission (optional) of 30 rounds of 60mm mortars.
        Wow I like the idea, but wouldn't the 30 rounds of mortars plus the 4 BMD, too much for the bluefor to handel?
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
          Wow I like the idea, but wouldn't the 30 rounds of mortars plus the 4 BMD, too much for the bluefor to handel?
          It's debatable. Superior terrain can really help, the artillery won't really be that intense, just a light suppression. I plan to add a bunch of M72s (up to 5) for BLUFOR's use. So, they will have 6 AT weapons, 1 of them reloadable. Probably going to add 5 or 6 Carl Gustav rounds (extra) as well, so they don't have to conserve ammo.

Would need some play testing, but it could be fun I think.

Comment

Sounds explosive, only thing that may indeed be an issue and need testing is the balance. I would think, if BLUFOR is already outgunned, they should not also be outmanned to that extent. I imagine REDFOR could just mortar the objective, send in the BMDs on full-speed and even if all BMDs should get blown up by AT (which is unlikely) then there would still be 3 full sections to clean up the rests.

Other than that, good idea.

Comment

i don't know it sounds like your trying to molde blufor to use a certain defense technique, i find the most replayable TvTs are the ones that have more flair and options for the attackers and defenders.

Comment

With no respawns and a easily understood timelimit, it could be fun.

Comment

We need TVT's!I think it is time to bring some good tvt back to Tactical gamer cause at the moment nobody wants to play it.I of course love it.There is a enormous amount of fun that I believe should still be discovered in tvt.

Beta I believe you are a good mission developer so ye man go for it.Show us the joy of tvt.

By the way did I say I LOVE tvt's!?:madsmile:

Cheers
                  |TG| Eugene
                  sigpic
                  Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

If bluefor gets time to setup and have access to claymores and satchels, i can see this working. As it is though, redfor will dominate. They could even leave the vehicles behind and attack with the infantry and arty since they have superior numbers and no enemy armour threat. The idea is good and I know that we need some more TvT missions outside of the typical balanced teams. With some play testing this could prove to be quite fun. What do you think of having the battle take place in Corazol? That city would be great for a large TvT mission. If Bluefor forces the vehicles to come into the city this could help balance the situation.
                    |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
                    TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

More TVT missions(that works) is very much needed:)

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X