Helicopter waypoints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter waypoints

Anyone know how to give waypoints to a helicopter? I tried giving a plain patrol route for a helicopter, but all it does is start up its engine, fly to a certain height, and then just stays there in one place. Also, if I wanted to put a script to refuel the helicopter automatically at one of the waypoints, would I put it in the "Script" line or "Activation" line?

Thanks

Re: Helicopter waypoints

On the first account of a patrol script ARMA can be quite selective on which air vehicles find which waypoints. I'd search Armaholic I think there's a script that allows greater customization of AI flight variables.

On the second point I'd just create a trigger grouped with the aircraft and if the vehicle is present have the trigger execute AIRCRAFT setfuel 1

Hope this helps.

Comment

To refuel it, name the helicopter say helo1.

Then put in the On Activation line of the waypoint you want it to refuel at:

Code:
      helo1 setFuel 1;

I haven't really messed around with helicopters and waypoints, so maybe someone else can help you out there ..

Comment

You could use Kronzy Urban Patrol Script, I am not sure if it work's for air vehicles, but it definitely works for tanks, cars, and soldiers. http://kronzky.info/ups/index.htm It's quite a good script if you haven't used it before, allows soldiers to intelligently patrol an area and makes them flank enemies on contact, you will see what I mean if you take a look at the pictures on the aforementioned link.
        Then if you use this script, just put a Trigger, Set thing from once to repeatedly, link to the helo, like Beita says name helo whatever you want (e.g. helo1), then in the activation field put helo1 setFuel 1;

/success
        sigpic
        Pride/Shame of the PLA

Comment

I just got it to work. It was because I didn't use a pilot class unit to fly the chopper. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X