Weight Limits for Troops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Limits for Troops

I can't find in any documents that I have, tells what the max weight load that a trooper can carry before it affects his movement and speed. Can anybody direct me to where I can get that information?
    Knowing is not enough, we must apply.

Willing is not enough, we must DO.

Re: Weight Limits for Troops

Arma+ACE or real life?

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
      Arma+ACE or real life?
      Ok, without sounding like a jerk, I could just ask one of the Army guys sitting right across from my desk here at Ft Leavenworth and being retied and all I think I know where I could find answers in RL.

So let me rephrase the question, it is about what is the Max weight load a ARMA trooper can carry before it affects his speed and movement.

Comment

I did not know your background, and hence had no idea on your previous knowledge or ability to gather information on the subject. You certainly know that people sometimes ask pretty illlogical things on forums. Now that I know:

If I've understood correctly weight doesn't affect your max speed in either Arma or ACE. In ACE it of course has an effect on how long you can maintain the speed, but the maximum speed is still the same. Probably the fastest way to get a good answer would be to fire up mission editor, drop on guy+ammo crate in the mission and start loading him up with gear. In my experience the practical limit lies somewhere around 35-45 kg. After that the guy can still move, but he'll get tired really quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
          I did not know your background, and hence had no idea on your previous knowledge or ability to gather information on the subject. You certainly know that people sometimes ask pretty illlogical things on forums. Now that I know:

If I've understood correctly weight doesn't affect your max speed in either Arma or ACE. In ACE it of course has an effect on how long you can maintain the speed, but the maximum speed is still the same. Probably the fastest way to get a good answer would be to fire up mission editor, drop on guy+ammo crate in the mission and start loading him up with gear. In my experience the practical limit lies somewhere around 35-45 kg. After that the guy can still move, but he'll get tired really quickly.
          Yes, your right Fincuan, should of worded the question better. I was hoping that someone may have ask this question before I ran a test to get the results. But your answer of 35-45kg sounds about right.

Thanks Fincuan.

Comment

No problem :icon14:

Comment

Ideally, you should be able to carry more and drop the ruck and only carry your fighting gear + your Go bag.
              As Fincuan said, the actual speed of your character is static. The distance the character can travel without passing out is relative to how much he/she is carrying.
              In my experience, 25kg and below is for the highspeed folks and 48kg plus is just a constant test ones will.
              Hope this helped.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                Ideally, you should be able to carry more and drop the ruck and only carry your fighting gear + your Go bag.
                As Fincuan said, the actual speed of your character is static. The distance the character can travel without passing out is relative to how much he/she is carrying.
                In my experience, 25kg and below is for the highspeed folks and 48kg plus is just a constant test ones will.
                Hope this helped.
                Whadabout the Lowspeed folks? ;) Just kidding.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                  Whadabout the Lowspeed folks? ;) Just kidding.
                  They are the most lazy bunch! ;)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X