Maxium Amount of Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxium Amount of Players

I was going to post this question in the "Leave No One Behind" mission thread but decide to post it as a new thread.

The question is, "What was the max players slot every made for a ArmA mission"?

Right now I have fifty (50) player slots.

Ranger Plt = 42 slots
    Delta Force = 8 slots

The helicopters are non-playable pilots.

Is this way too many players slots? Should I reduce it down to say 20 to 30 slots?
    Knowing is not enough, we must apply.

Willing is not enough, we must DO.

Re: Maxium Amount of Players

Depending how you design it, you can get up to about 70-80 people in a coop mission if done right. Adversarial can go higher due to the lack of AI being an issue - say, 100-120 players.

Whether you can get the requisite people to populate such missions is an entirely different issue, of course. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
      Depending how you design it, you can get up to about 70-80 people in a coop mission if done right. Adversarial can go higher due to the lack of AI being an issue - say, 100-120 players.

Whether you can get the requisite people to populate such missions is an entirely different issue, of course. ;)
      That's the issue "getting enough people to populate the mission" I've been told before that trying to get enough players to join for both sides of a ArmA mission is from low count to very slim count. That's why myself and angryson is building our mission were there is only blue players and the AI will run OPFOR. So I guess it boils down to dam if you do or dam if you don't.

Is it true that AI pilots don't perform well? I was going to have the AI fly the Blackhawks and MH-6s.
      Knowing is not enough, we must apply.

Willing is not enough, we must DO.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnO View Post
        Is it true that AI pilots don't perform well? I was going to have the AI fly the Blackhawks and MH-6s.
        Generally, yes, that's true. It all depends on what you want to do, though. There are some scripts out there (Mando Heliroute, for one, IIRC) that can help, but ultimately you're still putting your virtual lives into the hands of AI that may not care so much if you end up getting blown out of the sky. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
          Depending how you design it, you can get up to about 70-80 people in a coop mission if done right.
          Any quick tips you can give so we can have an idea?

Thx
          Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
            Any quick tips you can give so we can have an idea?

Thx

evolution and domination are good examples, they limit the number of AI populations to only the cities which have been activated..I prefer evolution's spawn at base and heli ride to objective 10 times more than dominations spawn and teleport functions as a note :P

for more structured missionsyoure going to need to do the same AI limiting and probably do away with respawn all together(though It could be done youre still going to need a lengthy cool down period to make it even remotely possible for your AI to have a chance..like 2 to 5 minutes between spawns

if youre counting on that many people youre going to have the ability to add in tanks strykers humvvs helicopters and jets..though please not A10s or Helos with mavericks(or helo equivalent) make the helos have weapons that require two people ie the agm114s and the tow missiles) theyre simply too powerful and a player who is not operating as per PLT instructions will ruin the fun for everyone by destroying everything except the infantry and they will be running for their lives too

as for vehichles(tanks strykers etc) the squad leader will want to be in a commander slot..but otherwise you can count only two people per vehichle a gunner and a driver..same with Blackhawks but count on only 1 person make the gunner slot available but its unlikely you get someone who wants to do that for 3 hours when the whole purpose of the BH is to avoid enemy fire

Team status script team status script team status script..add it in..as squads are depleted give the people in small squads the ability to reinforce and join with more fulls trength ones w/o having to resort to direct coms for all squad info(unless thiis is your intent ala that mission of betas..then team status script is a no no as it gives people the ability to undo you dismissal order)

as for infantry dont put any new weapons on the map..and only give basic weapons to the basic soldiers...and keep them realistic..nothig irritates me more than playing large missions like this and everyone has sniper rifles.,.including the medics..everyone is carrying three anti tank weapons and a m240 or m249 for back up..the side effect of this is that everyone wants to run off on their own and use their toys on the enemy before anyone else can..breaking unit cohesion and ruining a good mission

Do include the back pack ammo crate..these are a great addition since it allows people wioth roles such as grenadier to actually use their secondary weapon w/o fear of running out of grenades when you really need one..and on long missions you need more ammo than you can carry on your belt alone

do include helo insert respawn if no other means is available(ie you start on an island) otherwise if you run out of ammo and the helo is down youre screwed and the mission is ended

also include an engineer team (three people) and three vehichles refuel rearm and repair also these vehichles at your helo and jet base

please remove the smoke screen ammo from the vehichles..there is a code you place in the inint line of the vehichles that have smoke screen feature

this removemagazine "ACE_LVOSS_Magazine"

these are almost never deplpoyed except in accident and they kill FPS and lag the server running the risk of crashing it

anyways hope this helped :P

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
            The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Thanks CD :)
              Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse