Nvida Video Drivers? Which ones?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvida Video Drivers? Which ones?

Hey Folks... Seems a Hot topic for Nvidia Card users is what version to be running with ARMA? I am currently running 182.5 (Off of windows Update site) for Vista 64 / Nvida 260. I do get the Random lockup and one Blue Screen... but I wasn't that concerned after living through Early ARMA 1 release..

But what concerned me was A Blue Screen in L4D ..which never happened with my 9600GT ... So I am thinking my Drivers are the issue..

So How d oyou folks have your ARMA setup..? Do you disable PHYSX as recommended by the BIS forums? Do you run windowed as some say this is smoother in Vista? What driver version you running or recommend to be running?

I just got the the 260 a few weeks ago to correspond with getting ARMA2 so I wanna make sure it's Tweaked just right..

Thanks

PD
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Nvida Video Drivers? Which ones?

im running my 280 on 181.71 beta drivers, i dont have to disable physx or change my vsync or run windowed, and it runs fine like this.

Windows 7 64x
    Q9550 (oc 3.2ghz)
    8gig 800mhz ram
    geforce 280GTX

Comment

I run 182 drivers also.
      You should definitely dl a utility to adjust your 260 settings, most important, fan speed. I was cooking my NVidia card playing ArmA and the fan was locked the whole time at 40%. Now, as a part of my pre launch routine, I start the utility and insure the fan is running at full speed. Even still, the gpu gets over 70c.
      Windows 7 rc (64 bit)
      Intel QuadCore 9650 3.0Ghz (Yorkfield) running at 3.6Ghz
      Nvidia GTX 285
      Creative Xfi pro gamer
      8 gig Corsair xms2 extreme DDR2 8500

Comment

I've found for my GTX 260 Core 216 the 186 beta drivers are the best. The 182 drivers and even the 186 vanilla are worse.

Comment

I'm using 186 driver and have to say I think the same is running smoother now ( not a big change but better than nothing)

Running on a laptop with 9600 had a few crashes but nothing that I didnt expect from the early version of arma

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I am running the latest from Nvidia site 186.18.. seems to be running as good as I am going to get in this game. I really should turn Fraps off because I get dismayed because this game sucks when it comes to frame rates. I feel like the mad scientist everytime I start the game, tweaking and adjusting. I also put my fan on manual at 100%, good thing i have earphones on.

Comment

im now getting were my 3d option and texture option will only select low and normal...Why did I upgrade system the lesser comp work so much better.that using 186 drivers.anyone know how to fix this
              Last edited by joman; 07-12-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

What Software do you use to control the vid card fans and such>?

I'll Try RIVATUNER>.. thx
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by WarProphet View Post
                  I run 182 drivers also.
                  You should definitely dl a utility to adjust your 260 settings, most important, fan speed. I was cooking my NVidia card playing ArmA and the fan was locked the whole time at 40%. Now, as a part of my pre launch routine, I start the utility and insure the fan is running at full speed. Even still, the gpu gets over 70c.
                  Ditto...Running at 40% all the time.. I am having trouble getting RIVATUNER to do either/or...so running at 80% is LOUD.. I am going to have to learn how to use RIVA or find somethign different...

I have a PNY 260 Core 216...thx
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

I use EVGA Precision to control my GTX280. I love using it and it also has an on screen display module that lets you monitor fps, temp and fan speed (among others).

http://www.evga.com/precision/

This might be proprietary to EVGA...not sure on that.
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I just tried the latest release driver, but was getting too much lower screen flicker, etc which I never got before. I just switch to the May 9th release (185?) and it seems better but the occasional flicker still... trying to get my lappy to get happy with A2 has been a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

i'm running 182.50 and they work best for me so far.

Specs:
                        i7 920 @ 4.2ghz (HT Off)
                        2x gtx 285 SSC
                        6gb 1600
                        300gb raptor
                        XP pro 64

Getting mostly 40-60 fps... depends on servers though... if it's pvp i can max EVERYTHING out with a view distance of 3500 and get solid 60fps.. but on some coop servers even on lowest settings i get a max of 30-32... anyone know why?

Comment

With that rig Swifta, you should be able to buckle up and fly it like an F16 !

Comment

I was able to play last night and was surprised at the amount of FPS I was getting on the ALPHA server. With grass maxed, object at normal and draw distance 3500 I was always above 60fps... Boy am I glad I found you guys! I stayed up till 6 AM playing with you guys... one of the best MP experiences I've ever had! THX!

Side note... 3rd gtx285 on the way! Will install it once Win 7 is released since xp don't support tri-sli

Comment

yup I was there until 3 am, damned good game!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X