Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion Topic - We Need A Socializing Room on TS

Hey Guys,

Alright, many of us regulars in the ArmA 2 community in TG are almost becoming friends to some extent. There are a lot of times I have got into conversations with people with everything other than ArmA. A few times this has caused some people to get upset with the channel being spammed. This espically occurs in the editing channel.

I think its time we add some kind of channel in the ArmA family for just socializing and chatting with people in the ArmA TG community. Some of you might say "well, we got the Lounge". Yeah, but consider that the lounge is used mostly for between missions and talking during the role selection screen. I'm not sure what we should call it, but I think we need a new channel where we can go to shoot the breeze.

What do you think?
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: Opinion Topic - We Need A Socializing Room on TS

Digg it.

Comment

actually I think the Pubic Lounge in Arma was set up for that. Maybe they need a "Staging Area" or "Debrief Area" for the game and leave the lounge for.... lounging!

Comment

The "Public Lounge" is exactly what this was set up for... if anyone is playing in game and in the public lounge..tell them to bugger off to the appropriate channel...
        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

It doesn't even need to be an arma room, couldn't we make a socializing channel family that has 5 or 6 channels in it that everyone at TG could use? Or make a briefing room, but then you've just got more arma channels, after all our 13 or whoever many channels is more then all the BF2 mods have put together I think. We just really need one because the editing channel isn't about editing more then 50% of the time anymore. People would use public channel, but in between games everyone moves there and then you cant carry on your conversation cause they are all yelling at each other about who should lead this time.

Comment

You can always make your own temporary channel too which gets deleted once everyone (or maybe just the person that made it) leaves that room.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Yeah there are a lot of channels but they are necessary for mission comms because there is no VON.

A mission staging comms channel would be perfect i think. The lounge is getting "abused" as it tends to contain those in a mission, those just looking to talk and occassionally mission editors.
              FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

New channel created, "ArmA Gun-Flap" Use that for the non-game stuff....

Comment

yay all #vote admin jeepo

quick turnaround on that response.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                    New channel created, "ArmA Gun-Flap" Use that for the non-game stuff....
                    Thanks!
                    |TG|Ghost02
                    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Yeah, problem with the lounge is that it's always used by all players for mission set ups. COs and admins always get pissed when you've got two guys in public lounge carrying on a conversation while they're trying to run through mission selection and role selection in a 30+ player game.

Comment

Awsome! Let the B-S' ing BEGIN!
                        Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

hahaha new TG-ArmA SOP:

Spam as many TS channels as possible so all other TG members need to scroll three pages to find the channel they want!
                          Shhhh I'm being made

Comment

Maybe I am thick headed.. what does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                              Maybe I am thick headed.. what does that mean?
                              Arma has about as many TS channels as every other game combined...
                              Shhhh I'm being made

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X