Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nvidia SLI finally proved to be working!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia SLI finally proved to be working!!!

Ok guys I m more than happy to announce that the latest Arma2 beta + nvidia driver 186.18 + nvidia SLI profile 1 ( do not use evga SLi enhancement pack ). It works flawlessly. Before this I used latest driver with the following specs
    Q9550 @ 3.825 O.C (no Hyperthread)
    4 x DDR3 Ram @ 1650
    2 x 285 SLI stock ==> but never get SLI working properly with resolution @ 1650 x 1050 for res and 3d rendered
    With the defaulted "very high"
    Texture = normal; object + terrain = normal and everything else high + 3600 view
    I can only get 22 fps in Single Player ( I choose single player mission since they re more tensed than Multiplayer )
    Once gain, I m extremely pleased with the game right now, that i can run fully on my native resolution 1920 x 1200 with everything on High and 4000 distance....what surprised me is that I Got 33 fps!!!!!!!!
    I m very very glad that BIS really put beta in to account.
    I will try to capture some video from my Camcorder instead of using fraps (the program wil slow down the gameplay for sure)
    and people with 4GB ram or more, I m sure you saw alot of posts already, use the parameter line -maxmem=2047 to reduce the loss texture render
    oh by the way I m running on vista 64 not even XP but I m extremely, again, pleased the with SLI performance now.
    Thanks guys.
    <3 TGs
    Guys with SLI please try my method above if you want and respond here for detail.

Re: Nvidia SLI finally proved to be working!!!

I would love to get SLI working but the beta patches breaking my sound isn't worth the performance for SLI. I thought the latest beta patched stopped breaking my sound but instead everything is delayed and cut off at the start of the sound. I REALLY hope that the sound engine fixes in the beta patch don't carry on to 1.04 or I'll probably not touch Arma again until they fix it.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
      I would love to get SLI working but the beta patches breaking my sound isn't worth the performance for SLI. I thought the latest beta patched stopped breaking my sound but instead everything is delayed and cut off at the start of the sound. I REALLY hope that the sound engine fixes in the beta patch don't carry on to 1.04 or I'll probably not touch Arma again until they fix it.
      Yeah now you mentioned I did noticed some of the overlapped sound were cut off. Other than that my Sounds are fine. I use Vop Sound.2.1 by the way

Comment

Funny to read this thread, I just found a super cheap twin to my 8800GTX on Ebay and went through hell with Arma2 and Vista. I saw zero improvement with the new card at all, despite the fact that it seemed to be SLI installed properly in the OS.

I went through more tweak articles than I can count and even tried to roll back the Nvidia drivers at one point, and tried all the startup flags, EVGA Enhancer, nhancer 2.5.3, and more... such a waste of time.

The fix was going back to my Windows XP partition and it worked with no tweaking at all. Just like magic. Now I get a score of 3,700 (settings Normal, no AA, no PP, and 100% res 1360x768 for me) with ArmAII-mark benchmarks. Before my score was around 2,000.

So Nvidia SLI was borked in Vista 32bit, worked instantly in XP. Go figure. NVidia, I want my five hours back, please.

Comment

I think running it with -winxp in the arma 2 target line fixes SLI as well.

Comment

That command works quite long time ago. What i mean is it improved even further more. I ran everything in very high to test it and they still work flawlessly. In domination crowded city with armor and infantry, I used full grass and 5000 views through STATUS and still no fps drops. 35-48 fps

Comment

First thing I tried. No love.

Comment

Rangerfor2008

Did you say you were using the current nvidia driver 190.62 and then went back to nvidia driver 186.18 and that made your SLI work better?

Comment

Originally posted by ace182 View Post
                  Rangerfor2008

Did you say you were using the current nvidia driver 190.62 and then went back to nvidia driver 186.18 and that made your SLI work better?
                  yes Sir I can tell you right now I m running at 1920 x 1200 compared to last time I used 1680 x 1050, but this time I used very high setting but still got improved fps. Last time I used EVGA SLI enhancement, it showed improved fps over Single card (when I switched in control panel) but not as significantly improved as much as I use nvidia SLI beta which basically the SLi profile added. Yes I uninstalled latest driver which is 190.62 and went back to 186.18

Comment

Originally posted by rangerfor2008 View Post
                    yes Sir I can tell you right now I m running at 1920 x 1200 compared to last time I used 1680 x 1050, but this time I used very high setting but still got improved fps. Last time I used EVGA SLI enhancement, it showed improved fps over Single card (when I switched in control panel) but not as significantly improved as much as I use nvidia SLI beta which basically the SLi profile added. Yes I uninstalled latest driver which is 190.62 and went back to 186.18
                    Just a note: in Vista, using Add/Remove Programs under "Programs and Features" via Control Panel did NOT fully uninstall Nvidia drivers.

To properly uninstall, I had to open the Device Manager (in Vista, right click My Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager) expand Display Adapters and right click both Nvidia devices and select "uninstall."

If you ONLY use Add/Remove Programs in "Programs and Features" to uninstall, a Vista process will immediately re-install the old drivers! Annoying.

Comment

Using driver sweeper is pretty much guaranteed to wipe the drivers off your hard disk. I trust it more than any built in way of removing drivers in windows.
                      http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Comment

Using driver sweeper is pretty much guaranteed to wipe the drivers off your hard disk. I trust it more than any built in way of removing drivers in windows.
                        http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
                        Yup, I've used it before as well. In this case, I confirmed that my video cards ARE using 186.18 and SLI still does not work (even after applying the Nvidia patch and trial-and error with the thousands of tweaks/hints out there).

Since it instantly worked when I used my Windows XP partition, I think I'll just stick with that. Zero effort.

Kudos to anyone that is patient/lucky enough to get SLI to work in Vista, but I gave up after hours of wasted time.

Comment

I mentioned the SLI + Vista + ArmA2 problems in the BIS forums and received a good reply from a member there named "seany." The best thing he pointed out: you can verify if SLI is working properly by turning on "SLI Visual Indicators" and he shows you how here:

[media]http://blog.lib.umn.edu/ayubx003/dividebyzero/WindowsLiveWriter/RunningCrysisinSLIandothergames_D2CC/slivisual_2.jpg[/media]

...and here's a post what the indicator means...

http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_faq.html#c12

Here's his post and my reply comes afterward:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...88#post1435888

Anyway, it turns out my SLI has worked fine the whole time using the newest Nvidia drivers (I can tell by enabling SLI Visual Indicators and playing Arma2 and watching the indicator bar). However, it's possible that Vista is such a CPU hog that even with another video card my Quad Core is the limitation, and XP doesn't cause that problem.

It seems unlikely that even a hog like Vista could cause THAT much trouble though... ArmaIImark score goes from 4,000 in XP to 2,000 in Vista (even with SLI verified to be working)?!?! Wow.

Is there something else going on here??
                          Last edited by 1longtime; 09-11-2009, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X